Bush's 3 little words, 1 big betrayal

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,083
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

It's called depleted uranium and I learned aobut it from the doctors taking care of our vets.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,083
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

because most people don't understand that depleted uranium is 99.6% u238. I am sorry but I won'thave the time to discuss it much, I have a class reunion from 1965'ers in an hour or so, and I'm goin fishing for two weeks after that.

So I'll really wont be able to get into the pro's and cons of DU for a couple of weeks. There is a lot to discuss there, but time will make it wait. It is not so important as to get in the way of a good fishing trip :blink:

Guest Todd2
It's called depleted uranium and I learned aobut it from the doctors taking care of our vets.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Then why didn't you say we used depleted uranium? Depleted uranium is used in armor piercing and other projectiles, not as a vapor, if in fact a doctor told you that he is either mistaken or lying. Your post is misleading at best.

You wanna talk weapons, I'm, ready.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think what "Other One" meant was that up to 70% of the depleted uranium within these weapons aerosolizes on impact and as radioactive dust it is easily ingested.

In other words, the majority of it does become a vapor.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

because most people don't understand that depleted uranium is 99.6% u238.  I am sorry but I won'thave the time to discuss it much, I have a class reunion from 1965'ers in an hour or so, and I'm goin fishing for two weeks after that.

So I'll really wont be able to get into the pro's and cons of DU for a couple of weeks.  There is a lot to discuss there, but time will make it wait.  It is not so important as to get in the way of a good fishing trip :blink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What are you fishing for? :blink:

Guest Todd2
That is not what is published on the matter by the armorers that produce it. 

In actual point of fact the main reason for using depleted uranium is that it stays together and is therefore a strong projectile used as I said for piercing armor or walls without losing its physical integrity.

Doing what you propose, inteionally putting depleted uranium vapor in the air would not only be foolish, it would not serve any immediate purpose.  The years it owuld take for the damage to occur would enable your enemy to destroy literally generations of our fighting men.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When a depleted uranium round hits it's target, it mostly vaporizes. It literally burns it's way through armor. It is very effective at penetrating barriers, but it accomplishes this task by burning though, releasing vapor that is radioactive as it does this.

I believe some research on your part will show you this is true. I believe that was the point of "Other One's " post also.

Guest Todd2

"Professor Doug Rokke, ex-director of the Pentagon's depleted uranium project -- a former professor of environmental science at Jacksonville University and onetime US army colonel who was tasked by the US department of defence with the post-first Gulf war depleted uranium desert clean-up -- said use of DU was a 'war crime'.

Rokke said: 'There is a moral point to be made here. This war was about Iraq possessing illegal weapons of mass destruction -- yet we are using weapons of mass destruction ourselves.' He added: 'Such double-standards are repellent.'"

There are multitudes of sources from around the world that say the same thing. As it forces it's way thru armor, DU ignites. It does this at temperatures of 600 degrees. That is why it is effective but also why it releases vapor that is radioactive. That is indisputable. What is open to dispute is the effects that this vapor produces.

If you are open to the truth, it is easy to find, if you are not you will never find it.

"Professor Doug Rokke, ex-director of the Pentagon's depleted uranium project -- a former professor of environmental science at Jacksonville University and onetime US army colonel who was tasked by the US department of defence with the post-first Gulf war depleted uranium desert clean-up -- said use of DU was a 'war crime'.

Rokke said: 'There is a moral point to be made here. This war was about Iraq possessing illegal weapons of mass destruction -- yet we are using weapons of mass destruction ourselves.' He added: 'Such double-standards are repellent.'"

There are multitudes of sources from around the world that say the same thing. As it forces it's way thru armor, DU ignites. It does this at temperatures of 600 degrees. That is why it is effective but also why it releases vapor that is radioactive. That is indisputable. What is open to dispute is the effects that this vapor produces.

If you are open to the truth, it is easy to find, if you are not you will never find it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good post

Some people can't handle the truth :24:

Is sarcasm an effective argument? :24:

I dunno, you being sarcastic?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sometimes, but not today... so far :24:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

Reb....some here probably would find away to blame Bush and America for their Grandma's costipation. :24:

Dan