IGNORED

Why are modern-day miracles less impressive than those in Biblical times?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0

17 hours ago, peeday said:

Huge spates of miracles break out, biblically, at key times:

1) Creation

2) Giving of the Law

3) Anointing of the Prophets

4) Jesus's First Advent

5) Jesus's Return

We're on the brink of 5) now. Does that help?

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  1

On 3/28/2019 at 9:40 AM, peeday said:

Depends on where you live, many of the technology advanced countries don't really need God, they can buy all they need and don't have the time for Him, but third world countries are different, ...Father has miraculously provided money to buy food, once, while driving to work I had a blowout, as I started to change the tire there was five dollars buried in the mud right in front of it, ...back in the States I had two crushed discs and He miraculously healed them, then here, I lifted a tree trunk that was too heavy for me and I felt the same pain in my back, I crawled home because I couldn't stand up to walk, I crawled onto my bed and the last thing I remember thinking is, what am I going to do now, the next morning my back was healed, ...an eye doctor burned a hole in my eyeball with his laser and scheduled me for immediate surgery, when I arrived to check in at the hospital I find out they had scheduled two men for the same operating room with the same eye surgeon for the same operation, the Holy Spirit told me to go home, I accepted I would lose the sight in my eye. but at the insistence of my boss I went to his doctor to be examined, the doctor couldn't find any hole in my eye, Father healed me again, this caused such disruption here that five ophthalmologists asked to examine me because something like this had never happened before.

Once a dear friend was sick and the Holy Spirit told me to lay hands on her and pray, to this day the sickness has not returned, ...another time we cooked a Thanksgiving meal for some teenagers that were helping us finish a brother's house, and there wasn't enough food, ...but the serving trays never became empty, with my own two eyes I watched them take the food, but there wasn't any missing from the trays.

I could go on and on, ...one more, ...one of the three conditions Father gave me before coming here was to not have any legal papers that would allow me to stay any longer than the three month tourist visa of my plane ticket, after about two years French Immigration sent me a letter asking me to come to their office and explain how I was legally staying here, ...since I couldn't, that would mean if I went, they would place me in jail and send me home on the next available flight with only the clothes on my back, the Holy Spirit told me to go so the next day I went, I went to the office of the man who had sent me the letter, when he asked me why I was there I handed him the letter he had written, he took it, stared at it, turned it upside down, then turned it right side up, he turned it over to the back side, then turned it upside down and then right side up, the Holy Spirit spoke to me saying, "I have blinded his eyes, so go home," the Immigration agent put the paper down and asked me the phone number of where I was staying and then told me to go home, ...that was 26 years ago. 

To me, the miracles Father has supernaturally performed in my life at the time I needed them are just a impressive as those He performed in the Old Testament in the times they needed them.

Lord bless

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

On 3/28/2019 at 12:40 PM, peeday said:

Really, they aren't when you are the receiver of one.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  03/23/1967

I think we sometimes overlap the intervention of God with actual miracles. Yes, everything God does is "miraculous" by man's standards...but is every supernatural act an actual miracle?

In Biblical accounts miracles were "extra-ordinary." Even pagans recognized miracles of God as far beyond anything their own gods (often demons) were capable of doing. Angels and demons are capable of doing various "miraculous" things...but are their deeds actual miracles...or something quite common in the non-physical realm?  It seems miracles are reserved for very unique purposes.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,796
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Wanna see a miracle

Rom 1:20

20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
KJV

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  533
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,402
  • Content Per Day:  4.99
  • Days Won:  206
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

perhaps we are so used to seeing miracles we forget what they are ….. people that should have died according to medical criteria do not and instead of seeing this miracle we just take it for granted as modern day medicine  ….  

A man missed his plane by two mins after an unexpected delay .. the plane crashed and all on board were killed ( this just two months ago ) He recognised it as a miracle how many others did not ?

The list goes on endlessly but we are so used to these things do we acknowledge them as a miracle from God ?

Want to see a miracle every day ? Look for a bee ...scientists say it should be impossible for a bee to fly given the aerodynamics they understand ...God said " fly " so the bee does ...an every day miracle that we forget is miraculous

How can anyone say miracles are not so impressive ? They are still here , still being achieved but we are blind :emot-fail:

:emot-pray::emot-pray::emot-pray: 

• Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81

Today tradition has replaced true faith.

Hosea 4:6 King James Version (KJV)

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.       Ignorance, apathy, and unbelief  is the reaon

I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. 

In Context | Full Chapter

15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.

16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

|

• Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81

I have seen preachers who make millions in one night who could talk without stopping for an hour.

Mentioning no name a big name Baptist Preacher from Atlanta telling his viewers to be Shure to buy your tickets early. Don't miss out on our next Caribbean Cruz. All the big name speakers will be there. 

Im not making this up. It was a few years back. These things are to attract the upper class.   This is why you don't see the power of God as you see in India.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,413
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

This seems to me to be the time of the signs, with  miracles out of nowhere almost daily.

Is not today's Israel, and today's Jerusalem an awesome miracle? Is not God's word unfolding before us worldwide a tremendous shoutout and  a miracle of greater proportion in communicating through action and prophecy fulfilled than perhaps ever before?  The enemy Satan is near apoplectic in His rebellion efforts at this time. The restrainer God the Holy Spirit is at work using some of the oddest of characters to do God's will today. It is amazing, astoundingly so. A crass American President declaring Jerusalem to be the Capital City of Israel after decades of  American Presidents of some stature trying to "split the baby" into a impossible two State solution. Jews returning home again. The gospel being violently challenged, and spread around the world at the same time, with many hearing the Holy Spirit's call to repentance in rather massive numbers at diverse places of earth.

Awesome stuff today!

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  162
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  12/24/1997

On 3/28/2019 at 8:31 PM, OneLight said:

The lack of faith.  Have you noticed that there are those who love Christ, but don't believe the gifts are for today?  Even Jesus asked at the end of the Parable of the Persistent Widow "when the Son of Man comes, will He really find faith on the earth?”  Luke 18:1-8

The total amount of believers has increased, since there are alot more people on earth now that in the past. It only decreased relatively to the total amount of living people. Is it more important to have more believers, or is it more important to have many believers, relative to the total amount of living humans?

On 3/29/2019 at 12:05 AM, Willa said:

Missionaries to India and other unchurched areas of the world see astounding miracles like those in the Bible.  They are as overwhelmed and humbled by what God is doing as the native people are, and many, often thousands are saved.  The pastors know they had very little to do with it all and it was God alone.   When our pastor was involved, thousands came forward for prayer.  They couldn't possibly minister to all of them so he just prayed through a translator "Holy Father, meet their needs in Jesus Name."  

Were the mirracles documated? If we can documate and scientficially proof a miracle, we will have a much easier time convincing others of our faith.

On 3/29/2019 at 7:53 AM, AnOrangeCat said:

Just to add a little to this, I'd also point out that in the western world and parts of Asia, as a general rule we have less -need- for miracles overall. Our lives and lifestyles have changed since the times of the Bible. Modern medicine and health standards keep a lot of disease and suffering in check. The knowledge, tools, and medicines we have are gifts from God. When you think about it the way medicine has outright subdued or eliminated some very serious health threats is a TREMENDOUS miracle, and one that's possible only because God gave humanity a will and a way to make it happen.

http://www.theworldcounts.com/counters/global_hunger_statistics/how_many_people_die_from_hunger_each_year  Shows that 36 million people die of starvation and 1 billion lives in hunger.   https://www.answers.com/Q/How_many_people_die_from_pollution_each_year  . 7 Million die of cancer in a year.  56 million people die of pollution in a year and over a billion doesnt have access to clean drinking water.   1,8 million die in war   https://www.who.int/gho/malaria/epidemic/deaths/en/  (If we count in unreported malaria deaths) then over a million people die of malaria in a year.  https://www.avert.org/global-hiv-and-aids-statistics    37 million people have aids ( 1,8 million children). http://www.progressive-economy.org/trade_facts/traffic-accidents-kill-1-24-million-people-a-year-worldwide-wars-and-murders-0-44-million/  Traffic accidents 1,2 million.   http://news.cornell.edu/stories/2007/08/pollution-causes-40-percent-deaths-worldwide-study-finds  5 million (mostly children) die because of unsanitary conditions. http://sciencenordic.com/25-million-europeans-die-hospital-infections-every-year  In europe alone 2,5 million people die because of infection they aquired in hospitals. We could make that list longer but lets stop here for the sake of time. 36 + 7 + 56 + 1,8+ 1 + 37 + 1,8 + 1,2 + 5 + 2,5 = around 150 million. 

http://www.ecology.com/population-estimates-year-2050/               Shows that in year 0  (170 + 400) / 2 = 285 million people lived. The suffering people that we calculated previously (and I did not even go through every way that a human could suffer) in the year 2019 is around 150 million. Lets assume that we put these suffering humans back to the year 0. 285 million people = 100% then 150 million are 52%. Every second human you would meet in  year 0, would have a miserable life filled with pain. I dare to say, that not every second human in the year 0, was suffering death or a miserable life. I also dare to say that we have more suffering humans now than in the year 0. Yes the relative standard of live improved, we have more people that live life like kings. However, the total amount of suffering humans has increased. If there was a time, where we would need the interference of a God, then its now. Progress in science, and the fact that most people live a priviliged life, is not an excuse, for the fact that the total amount of suffering people is bigger than the population of year 0

On 3/29/2019 at 12:31 PM, enoob57 said:

The very begin to prove God through our senses is the adultery God spoke of …. we are born again s/Spiritually and in this reality it does not seek validity from that which passes away ....

How has adultery anything to do with the lack of miracles?