IGNORED

Why are modern-day miracles less impressive than those in Biblical times?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  162
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/24/1997

On 4/19/2019 at 12:51 PM, ladypeartree said:

perhaps we are so used to seeing miracles we forget what they are ….. people that should have died according to medical criteria do not and instead of seeing this miracle we just take it for granted as modern day medicine  …. 

Medicine is not a miracle. For example, it would be a total mess if it wasnt for all the pumps sucking blood off the operating area. Its also not a miracle that we had to go through alot of trial and error in medicine ( for example vasectomy). Its not a miracle that medicine is build upon roots of human experimentation or animal experimentation.

A man missed his plane by two mins after an unexpected delay .. the plane crashed and all on board were killed ( this just two months ago ) He recognised it as a miracle how many others did not ?

Lets tell the familiy of the victims that died in that plane crush, that Gods miracle saved one person because he missed his plane and see how they react.

Want to see a miracle every day ? Look for a bee ...scientists say it should be impossible for a bee to fly given the aerodynamics they understand ...God said " fly " so the bee does ...an every day miracle that we forget is miraculous

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2013/08/bumblebee-flight-does-not-violate-the-laws-of-physics/ Here is a link that explains the physics behind bumblebees.

On 4/6/2019 at 9:41 PM, JustPassingThru said:

Depends on where you live, many of the technology advanced countries don't really need God, they can buy all they need and don't have the time for Him, but third world countries are different

Billions of people dont have access to clean drinking water and suffer hunger. Just because we have privilied people living like kings, doesnt mean anything special

back in the States I had two crushed discs and He miraculously healed them, then here, I lifted a tree trunk that was too heavy for me and I felt the same pain in my back, I crawled home because I couldn't stand up to walk, I crawled onto my bed and the last thing I remember thinking is, what am I going to do now, the next morning my back was healed, ...an eye doctor burned a hole in my eyeball with his laser and scheduled me for immediate surgery, when I arrived to check in at the hospital I find out they had scheduled two men for the same operating room with the same eye surgeon for the same operation, the Holy Spirit told me to go home, I accepted I would lose the sight in my eye. but at the insistence of my boss I went to his doctor to be examined, the doctor couldn't find any hole in my eye, Father healed me again, this caused such disruption here that five ophthalmologists asked to examine me because something like this had never happened before  

Okay, what about the 2,5 million europeans, that died last year because of an infection they aquired in a hospital? Does God love you more than other people or why does he care more about your health than other people?

Once a dear friend was sick and the Holy Spirit told me to lay hands on her and pray, to this day the sickness has not returned

Personal experiences dont have any meaning. Full recoveries happen, why should we link it to a miracle?

...another time we cooked a Thanksgiving meal for some teenagers that were helping us finish a brother's house, and there wasn't enough food, ...but the serving trays never became empty, with my own two eyes I watched them take the food, but there wasn't any missing from the trays.

Lets repeat this experiment according to the scientific standards.

I could go on and on, ...one more, ...one of the three conditions Father gave me before coming here was to not have any legal papers that would allow me to stay any longer than the three month tourist visa of my plane ticket, after about two years French Immigration sent me a letter asking me to come to their office and explain how I was legally staying here, ...since I couldn't, that would mean if I went, they would place me in jail and send me home on the next available flight with only the clothes on my back, the Holy Spirit told me to go so the next day I went, I went to the office of the man who had sent me the letter, when he asked me why I was there I handed him the letter he had written, he took it, stared at it, turned it upside down, then turned it right side up, he turned it over to the back side, then turned it upside down and then right side up, the Holy Spirit spoke to me saying, "I have blinded his eyes, so go home," the Immigration agent put the paper down and asked me the phone number of where I was staying and then told me to go home, ...that was 26 years ago.

Thats just personal experience that could very well happen in a world without a God.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

7 minutes ago, Leyla said:

Were the mirracles documated? If we can documate and scientficially proof a miracle, we will have a much easier time convincing others of our faith.

They were documented and reported by local pastors who reported them afterwards to the visitors.  However, verbal reports by indigenous pastors are not often received as proofs, and without medical reports to confirm them it is not considered valid proofs by septics.  These people can't afford medical proofs.   Jesus said even if a man came back from the dead, they still would not believe, speaking of the parable of the rich and poor man who died.  Jesus  also said that the Jews seek a sign but they would only be given the sign of Jonah.  The best witness that I know of is another skeptic--Thomas, who saw the scars and fell on His face confessing "My Lord and my God!".  

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  16

Then he came to his hometown and began to teach the people in their synagogue. They were astonished and said, "Where did this man get such wisdom and miraculous powers?  Isn't this the carpenter's son? Isn't his mother named Mary? And aren't his brothers James, Joseph, Simon, and Judas?  And aren't all his sisters here with us? Where did he get all this?"

And so they took offense at him. But Jesus said to them, "A prophet is not without honor except in his hometown and in his own house."  And he did not do many miracles there because of their unbelief.

When He comes to His own today  what does He find?   He hasn't changed.  Does He find a people who believe in the Word they  have  heard?  If He does not, can He  do through us any more than He could do in His  home town?

He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.  The one who believes and is baptized will be saved, but the one who does not believe will be condemned.  These signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new languages;  they will pick up snakes with their hands, and whatever poison they drink will not harm them; they will place their hands on the sick and they will be well."
After the Lord Jesus had spoken to them, he was taken up into heaven and sat down at the right hand of God.  They went out and proclaimed everywhere, while the Lord worked with them and confirmed the word through the accompanying signs.

Why are our  results not  matching what the Word says?  Something has changed, and I guarantee it's not Him.

The working of miracles WILL be recovered.  And magnified in comparison to  even the works Jesus did.

I tell you the solemn truth, the person who believes in me will perform the miraculous deeds that I am doing, and will perform greater deeds than these, because I am going to the Father.  And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son.  If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it.

A lost and dying world  is waiting on  those  who  will simply believe.   And He WILL minister to their need, and a harvest will be brought into His barn.  It IS coming, and unbelief will not stop it.  He will find those He needs, those who will dare to believe.

The only power we have to affect what  is coming, is to find where He is at work and be sent into His harvest with Him and be used by  Him, or to disqualify ourselves.  One or the other.  We are all making  the decisions that will determine  our own relationship to what He is about to do.

Edited by Jostler
  • Loved it! 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,770
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

2 hours ago, Leyla said:

How has adultery anything to do with the lack of miracles?

John 4:24

24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
KJV
and Jesus called it adulterous not me

Matt 16:4

4 A wicked and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given unto it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas. And he left them, and departed.
KJV

John 4:23-24

23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
KJV

1 hour ago, Sonshine☀️ said:

I truly believe that the miracles of today are the most AWESOME and they will inspire such praise and awe in those who love the Lord. 

Can you give me an example of a miracle

Edited by Leyla

1 hour ago, Leyla said:

Can you give me an example of a miracle

why in the world do you insist on demanding from men what only God can provide?  Why not just ask Him?

• This is Worthy 1

2 minutes ago, Jostler said:

why in the world do you insist on demanding from men what only God can provide?  Why not just ask Him?

because this thread is about modern day miracles. If someone experienced something that can be considered a miracle, then it would benefit us all to know about it. God doesnt seem to be a responsive entity, so it will take some time until I get an answer from him.

1 minute ago, Leyla said:

because this thread is about modern day miracles. If someone experienced something that can be considered a miracle, then it would benefit us all to know about it. God doesnt seem to be a responsive entity, so it will take some time until I get an answer from him.

very true.  heart intent on judging Him and His Word will never hear a thing from Him.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

2 minutes ago, PromisesPromises! said:

Maybe it's not a lack of response, but a lack of reception, Leyla...

Maybe my receptor is broken, how is yours currently? Do you know someone with better sensors than mine so we can examine miracles more closely.

Okay Ill go it through.

I truly believe that the miracles of today are the most AWESOME and they will inspire such praise and awe in those who love the Lord.  

What miracles?

JESUS is everything!  He is all we will ever need.  By HIM, all things consist, and He is always near.  ….for in HIM, we live and move and have our being. 

The miracles of Christ are those of God carrying forward to the uttermost His presence in the world, Almighty God manifest in flesh.  God is now reconciling  and redeeming the world unto HIMSELF through JESUS, and He is doing this with the most awesome love ever imaginable! 

TODAY we can say, “In the name of Jesus Christ” and immediately we are heard by the great I AM, El Shaddai…  

Oh thank You Lord for the miracle of YOU!

Okay lets imagine an alternate universe. Imagine we have 2 universes. Universe A has Jesus in it ( our universe ) . Universe B doesnt have Jesus in it. Universe A has a God, Universe B is Godless. Lets also make the assumption, that we have an earth and the exact same humans in both universes. How will universe B, be different from universe A? What things will happen in universe A, that will never happen in universe B and vice versa? Once we can determine, how a universe without a God would look like, we can start to compare it with our universe and see similarities or differences.