IGNORED

Why are modern-day miracles less impressive than those in Biblical times?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  162
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/24/1997

19 minutes ago, PromisesPromises! said:

My receptor is constantly receiving.  I have seen many lives totally transformed by the power of Christ. 

Thats something I heard with other religions too. I remember that my family had a documentary running about how Islam helped prisoners start a new life, become better humans etc. Islam contradicts the Christian view completly. It seems that religion can change your life, even if its something that is probably not true. ( Scientology, Islam, Paganism etc). I also remember  the time when I was on a satanist website similiar to this forum. People talked alot about how finding a new community (that accepts them) helped them in their life. It helped them overcome depression or addiction, find the strength to apply to a job after year long unemployment etc. Just having a community or finding a believe system that ressonates with you, is often enough to change your life. It doesnt tell you anything about the validity of your believe system.

26 minutes ago, PromisesPromises! said:

If you believe that these miraculous transformations of the heart, and in many cases, even of circumstance are "less impressive than those in bIblical times," you are really questioning the actual power of God to change a person from dead to alive.  

I cant make dead people alive again. Do you have proof that God can bring people back to life?

28 minutes ago, PromisesPromises! said:

Will it take your own miraculous resurrection from the grave for you to believe it?  Will that Day be impressive enough? 

Proof, that the Bible is worth believing in or that (our) God exists would be enough for me.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

16 hours ago, Leyla said:
On 4/19/2019 at 5:51 AM, ladypeartree said:

A man missed his plane by two mins after an unexpected delay .. the plane crashed and all on board were killed ( this just two months ago ) He recognised it as a miracle how many others did not ?

Lets tell the familiy of the victims that died in that plane crush, that Gods miracle saved one person because he missed his plane and see how they react.

If I Googled the phone numbers of these individual victims, made a conference call, and handed you the phone, would you be comfortable in finding this a very kind thing to do?

6 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

If I Googled the phone numbers of these individual victims, made a conference call, and handed you the phone, would you be comfortable in finding this a very kind thing to do?

No that would be horrible. Something that is horrible is not a miracle from God, so I dont consider this example a miracle

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

Thank you. At least that sounds somewhat sincere. You'll have to pardon me, but it seemed making a suggestion like that was inappropriate. Perhaps in the future, before making off the cuff postings like the one to ladypeartree, taking a little more thought into discretion would be more than worth your time. 

Edited by BeauJangles
  • This is Worthy 1

5 minutes ago, Dove said:

Miracles come in different shapes and sizes.  Some are more subtle such as a time when God slowed the rain down as it was ramping up when I prayed for it and let it come pouring down again once I made it to the overhang of the building I was going to.  Others are more obvious such as a heavy torrent, that was about to hit a large outdoor congregation during an event as it came their way, suddenly splitting apart when one of the church leaders basically boldly demanded that God stop the rain for the sake of the many souls that would be saved that day during the service.  (The rain encircled them.  It was also one of the heavy seasonal storms so this was particularly miraculous.)

Could this exact situation, happen in an alternate world, an alternate universe that has no God?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

On 3/28/2019 at 3:40 PM, peeday said:

Modern day miracles can be more impressive, including millions of people saved, thousands at a time, via communications and rallies...

But powerful miracles tend to cluster around:

1) Creation

2) Giving of the Law

3) Major prophets

4) Christ's advent

5) Christ's return

We live close to 5) so watch for miracles!

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,015
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

On 3/28/2019 at 3:40 PM, peeday said:

My wife and I are both 65 and have no health insurance. We don't need it. We've had two miraculous healings as the result of direct prayer. We have small stuff, for which we take aspirin. I mean, our bodies ARE wearing out. But still, he is the great healer. We're prepared for what he presents us with. At least, we believe we are. And nobody lives forever. 

The interesting thing is that when we tell others about this, it is amazing how many people end up sharing their own stories of genuine miraculous healings. i.e. I don't think that it isn't just as amazing. I think it is that it is not being recorded for posterity.

BTW, some will make the argument that the results of the 1967 war was a miracle. And Dunkirk. And the 2016 U.S. election results.

• Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

On 5/16/2019 at 11:29 AM, Still Alive said:

My wife and I are both 65 and have no health insurance. We don't need it. We've had two miraculous healings as the result of direct prayer. We have small stuff, for which we take aspirin. I mean, our bodies ARE wearing out. But still, he is the great healer. We're prepared for what he presents us with. At least, we believe we are. And nobody lives forever. 

The interesting thing is that when we tell others about this, it is amazing how many people end up sharing their own stories of genuine miraculous healings. i.e. I don't think that it isn't just as amazing. I think it is that it is not being recorded for posterity.

BTW, some will make the argument that the results of the 1967 war was a miracle. And Dunkirk. And the 2016 U.S. election results.

Bravo!

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

On 3/28/2019 at 8:40 PM, peeday said:

Not true and not accurate, because I have seen very plain signs and healings. In fact, tomorrow I hope to baptise someone who came to faith because Jesus healed his leg and back, just because of my friend / Christian brother prayed for him in Jesus name.

We need to not only believe, but to also act. Yes I believe Jesus Christ heals people. I think it is time to take my next step in faith and pray for someone who needs healing. I have prayed for people, starting with my wife and her pain left her completely.
This is a biblical authority and given to every Christian who follows Jesus Christ. I always knew the Bible was true, I always knew that what Jesus Christ said was right. But its only now that my brother started to act, and I follow that I see that its true in reality right here and now. Please follow my brothers and my example and see what God will do.

God bless you all with your next step in faith! 

To know you need a parachute is no use when you don't act and strap it on.
To know scripture is no use if you don't act upon it.

Edited by Jona_is_a_true_believer

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81

Last week my budget took a dive leaving penniless with still a week away from my SS money would come. Living on a string budget no money for food for a week. This not to mention that even when I got the SS money I still going to be short to pay all my bills. Things looked bleak but I just said I can only trust God

Over a year ago hurricane Wilma came by. we filed an Ins claim which proved to be what I thought was. Luckily the house survived but there were other things that did not make.  So we just made with things as they were and the adjustment claim was forgotten. 

Over a year latter Im in desperate financial straits. on a Monday my family said the got a call from the public adjuster because they could not reach me saying I had a substantial financial settlement had come in. I was able to pick it up at my convenience. I have a God in Heaven that knows my Name. If I tell other about this they Good for your lucky. This is just like Israel backed up against the Red Sea with no way out. Dead broke yesterday Money jumping out of the closet the next. I knew God did this but no one else could appreciate the miracle like me. The money was deposited yesterday.

Tell some one else it seems like pouring a dry glass on a dead flower. This is the way it is.  

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1