patrick jane

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  904
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,642
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

Rather than asking if a working knowledge of the Trinity is a litmus test for salvation, 

we ought to focus on the warnings in the Bible about deceit, deception, and counterfeit christs, spirits, and gospels.

It is entirely possible to be saved through faith in the Genuine Jesus without knowing the first thing about the Trinity.

But that's risky business given the mass deceptions out there in the world.

Jehovah's Witnesses (for example) believe in a Jesus that is NOT God. He is (they teach) Michael the Archangel first and only creation of Jehovah God

who in turn created all other created things and beings. Isaiah 44:24 whacks this theology up.

Mormons believe Jesus is the sexual byproduct of Elohim and the virgin Mary, brother to Lucifer who became the devil, who is one of millions of Gods.

The also teach that Elohim (the Father of Jesus) was once a man. As man now is, God once was, as god now is man may become.

So you see there's a lot more at stake just believing in the authentic Jesus.

The Apostle Paul warns about it in 2 Corinthians 11:3-4 / Galatians 1:8-9.

Matthew 24:24–27 (AV)
24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
25 Behold, I have told you before.
26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.
27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

The Bible teaches God is a triune deity. ← Major clue as to whether or not you got the genuine Jesus. 

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  842
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  0

On 3/28/2019 at 10:01 PM, patrick jane said:

I ask this because I run other forums and we have quite a few people that do not accept the doctrine of the trinity. I have seen Christians tell other Christians they are going to hell if the don't believe that the Lord Jesus Christ is God. I believe He is but what if I'm wrong. Are we expected to understand the concept and the nature of our Triune God? What do you see and hear on this topic and what are your beliefs?

This is most likely due to how the Book of Acts indicates the Apostles were baptizing, "In the Name of Yeshua!!"

I actually baptize in the "Name of Yeshua, for the Remission of sins!!"

This confuses some to believe I am ONENESS.

I am ONENESS in the sense that there is only ONE GOD!!

But if we break down the Name of Yeshua in its original context, we see the Triune representation of God.

Yeshua translated means = Yahweh's (the Father) Salvation.   So in the name of Yeshua, we have the Father represented, because Yeshua is the source for His Salvation unto us.

And we know that the Holy Spirit came to us "In the Name of Yeshua."   Yeshua told the Disciples that in His Name would the Holy Spirit come to us.

So, "In the Name of Yeshua, or By the Name of Yeshua," we have the Father's Salvation and the Holy Spirit is sent to us.

Thus, the Name of Yeshua = Matthew 28:19

And when the Apostles baptized in the "Name of Yeshua," they literally were baptizing in the "Name of the Father - Son - Holy Spirit!!"

Edited by childoftheking
  • Thumbs Up 1

And what is interesting about the Name Elohim, is it acts both singular and plural.

At Creation, Elohim appears to be more than ONE, even though Rabbi's claim God is speaking to those in Heaven (not the members of God, but the angelic host of God, who technically are jealous of us because we are God's chosen).

But the catch 22 is "I AM" speaking to Moses in the Burning Bush.  Of course in the Gospel of John, we know I AM is Yeshua.   But in the Hebrew context found in the Book of Exodus Chapter 3, 

Shemot - Exodus - Chapter 3:

6And He said, "I am the God of your father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob." And Moses hid his face because he was afraid to look toward God.

אלוהים = Elohim = God

Properly translated:

Verse 6 reads:

6 And He (Yeshua) said, "I am the אלוהים = Elohim = God of your father, the אלוהים = Elohim = God of Abraham, the אלוהים = Elohim = God of Isaac, the אלוהים = Elohim = God of Jacob."

Yeshua states = "I am Elohim of your father, Elohim of Abraham, Elohim of Isaac, Elohim of Jacob."

To me this is interesting:   Because Yeshua is acting singular, with a term most apply to being plural!!

ווַיֹּ֗אמֶר אָֽנֹכִי֙ אֱלֹהֵ֣י אָבִ֔יךָ אֱלֹהֵ֧י אַבְרָהָ֛ם אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִצְחָ֖ק וֵֽאלֹהֵ֣י יַֽעֲקֹ֑ב וַיַּסְתֵּ֤ר משֶׁה֙ פָּנָ֔יו כִּ֣י יָרֵ֔א מֵֽהַבִּ֖יט אֶל־הָֽאֱלֹהִֽים:

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  5,103
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

On 4/26/2019 at 12:23 PM, OpenMind said:

Body and soul and spirit are also greatly misunderstood concepts.  We can see in Genesis 2:7 that God breathed life into man, and man became a living soul.  This single verse actually explains all three of body, soul and spirit.  Spirit is actually the breath of God, which when breathed into the body created a soul.  A soul is any living creature, as any living creature which has the breath of life (spirit).  In other words, body + spirit (life) = soul.

No single verse explains everything. The spirit and the breath are two different things. Some texts that show this:

Job 33:4 The Spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life.

Isaiah 42:5 Thus saith God the LORD, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein.

I go into some of these things in more detail here:

https://www.worthychristianforums.com/blogs/entry/1297-the-levels-and-origins-of-loves-and-their-ultimate-fulfillment/

and here:

https://www.worthychristianforums.com/blogs/entry/1027-the-three-heavens/

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  57
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

On 4/30/2019 at 9:50 PM, JohnD said:

It is entirely possible to be saved through faith in the Genuine Jesus without knowing the first thing about the Trinity.

But that's risky business given the mass deceptions out there in the world.

I'm not sure how you link confusion about trinitarian doctrine with false doctrines, yet you seem to do just that when you say "that's risky business".  Do you think being unclear about trinitarian doctrine leads to false doctrines?

On 5/3/2019 at 2:01 AM, childoftheking said:

This is most likely due to how the Book of Acts indicates the Apostles were baptizing, "In the Name of Yeshua!!"

I actually baptize in the "Name of Yeshua, for the Remission of sins!!"

This confuses some to believe I am ONENESS.

I am ONENESS in the sense that there is only ONE GOD!!

But if we break down the Name of Yeshua in its original context, we see the Triune representation of God.

Yeshua translated means = Yahweh's (the Father) Salvation.   So in the name of Yeshua, we have the Father represented, because Yeshua is the source for His Salvation unto us.

And we know that the Holy Spirit came to us "In the Name of Yeshua."   Yeshua told the Disciples that in His Name would the Holy Spirit come to us.

So, "In the Name of Yeshua, or By the Name of Yeshua," we have the Father's Salvation and the Holy Spirit is sent to us.

Thus, the Name of Yeshua = Matthew 28:19

And when the Apostles baptized in the "Name of Yeshua," they literally were baptizing in the "Name of the Father - Son - Holy Spirit!!"

This is nice, but a bit of a stretch don't you think?    

1 hour ago, OpenMind said:

This is nice, but a bit of a stretch don't you think?    

Not if you understand what Yeshua means in the Hebrew (Yahweh's Salvation), which is translated into: the Son's work on Calvary is the Father's source for our Salvation.   Either way, it gives us the Father and the Son through the Name of Yeshua.

In John 14, Yeshua said, the works we see from Him are not His own, but the Father that dwells inside Him.  So this once again ties Yeshua and the Father which Yeshua claimed Him and the Father are ONE.

The Holy Spirit can actually be broken into Yeshua several ways:

We know the Pharisees said Yeshua was casting out Demons by Demons.   And Yeshua replied, by the Holy Spirit.

We know Messiah means ANOINTED ONE.   This means Yeshua embodied both the Father and Holy Spirit!!

We also know that within Yeshua was the FULNESS of the GODHEAD = Yeshua + Father + Holy Spirit...just like the meaning of Messiah or Anointed One!!

So, in that context of Yeshua being the Messiah, Anointed One, or Full of the Godhead, we have Father - Son - -Holy Spirit.

I just gave a simpler version, because it was in Yeshua's Name, the Holy Spirit was sent to us!!

Edited by childoftheking

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  904
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,642
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

10 hours ago, OpenMind said:

I'm not sure how you link confusion about trinitarian doctrine with false doctrines, yet you seem to do just that when you say "that's risky business".  Do you think being unclear about trinitarian doctrine leads to false doctrines?

I'm not entirely sure what you are saying.

What I said is clear.

Genuine Jesus = actual salvation.

27 minutes ago, JohnD said:

I'm not entirely sure what you are saying.

What I said is clear.

Genuine Jesus = actual salvation.

You said not knowing the first thing about the trinity is risky business.  I'm just wondering why you think that's risky.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  302
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  1

On 3/29/2019 at 12:01 AM, patrick jane said:

I ask this because I run other forums and we have quite a few people that do not accept the doctrine of the trinity. I have seen Christians tell other Christians they are going to hell if the don't believe that the Lord Jesus Christ is God. I believe He is but what if I'm wrong. Are we expected to understand the concept and the nature of our Triune God? What do you see and hear on this topic and what are your beliefs?

God will not judge a person based on their religious beliefs but on the works...of what kind they are. We will be judged for what we have done with what we have been given.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1