• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/05/1987

I've strayed so far...so far. I gotten involved in bisexuality and polyamory and gone so far from God. I'm scared and confused and lost. I've been praying. I want to follow God but I'm afraid I'm too far gone. Will He forgive me? I've asked for forgiveness and feel so much guilt and shame. Any advice? :/ 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

Of course He will, Emily. The fact of your remorse and asking His forgiveness, indicates a contrite and repentant heart. Don't allow the condemnation of your past, over-take the future in Him to proceed from this day forward. God bless you, sister. Welcome home. 

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles

1 John 1:9 KJV If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.  

1 John 3:20 KJV For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things. 

Edited by BeauJangles
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,228
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Do you remember the story of the prodigal son?   He was so far down he was eating the garbage that had been thrown to the pigs.   If you are sick of eating with the pigs all you have to do is ask the Father to forgive you and return to Him  He is waiting with open arms to restore you.   Many among us have backslid and have been restored and cleansed.

1Jn 1:9  If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

• Thumbs Up 2

Guest In Him

Let the wicked forsake his way And the unrighteous man his thoughts;

And let him return to the LORD, And He will have compassion on him, And to our God, For He will abundantly pardon. Isa 55:7

But to this one I will look, To him who is humble and contrite of spirit, and who trembles at My word. Isa 66:2

Edited by In Him

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,299
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

On 30 March 2019 at 8:48 PM, emily_elizabeth said:

I've strayed so far...so far. I gotten involved in bisexuality and polyamory and gone so far from God. I'm scared and confused and lost. I've been praying. I want to follow God but I'm afraid I'm too far gone. Will He forgive me? I've asked for forgiveness and feel so much guilt and shame. Any advice? :/

Do you know any Christian who you trust? If you do, talk to them.

Otherwise may I suggest checking out the christianityexplored web site for a church in your area and contact that church for someone to talk to.

God's love for us is so vast, as to be incomprehensable and he will forgive us, if we are sincere.

The Christian life is not easy, don't believe those who say it is. We all suffer tempations to do evil and it can be costly as friends will missunderstand one or employers be biased against one.

But the advantage of a clean concience and a hope of a place in heaven does outweigh ant tempory disadvantage.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  332
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

We have all done things that we regret. What a pity life would be, if one never knew regret. We must focus on becoming better people, so that yesterday is not today. Leave the past where it has fallen, and march towards a brighter, better future.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,073
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

On 3/30/2019 at 3:48 PM, emily_elizabeth said:

I've strayed so far...so far. I gotten involved in bisexuality and polyamory and gone so far from God. I'm scared and confused and lost. I've been praying. I want to follow God but I'm afraid I'm too far gone. Will He forgive me? I've asked for forgiveness and feel so much guilt and shame. Any advice? ? 

The only people I have ever seen that had gone too far really didn't care.....   the fact that you are so bothered with it seems to me that shows you have not crossed the line of no forgiveness. 

Decide in your life that Jesus is from this moment to be your Lord and I assume you do believe the Father raised him from the dead.....   It is my understanding that he will forgive and forget all those things you have done and can start building a relationship with him.....    Just don't let the devil convince you that he won't....   you are precious in God's eyes and he will   protect you if you ask.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.82
  • Days Won:  226

On 3/30/2019 at 1:48 PM, emily_elizabeth said:

I've strayed so far...so far. I gotten involved in bisexuality and polyamory and gone so far from God. I'm scared and confused and lost. I've been praying. I want to follow God but I'm afraid I'm too far gone. Will He forgive me? I've asked for forgiveness and feel so much guilt and shame. Any advice? ? 

Yes, you can be forgiven. But you can not go back to your sinful ways. God can not be mocked. If you are sincere you will want to start a new life with Christ. 

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,073
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

51600607_1979176465514195_4111770267762556928_n.jpg

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  262
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

On 3/30/2019 at 4:48 PM, emily_elizabeth said:

All sin is equal. If you've committed one sin and nothing else all your life, then you have already committed every sin there is in this world. That's God's view of it. That's scripture. So, if He will forgive another sin, and all are equal, do you think He won't forgive your sin if they have equal value? All sin deserves the same punishment. All sin needs to be paid for by our Savior to be saved and forgiven and we need to be cleansed. So, yes, you can. There is only one sin the Bible says God won't forgive you for- and it's not what you have mentioned. It's Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. You're already sort of getting different advice here. The yes answer in general is correct, you can be forgiven. But lets say anytime you fall into this again; that doesn't mean because you do it once more that you have lost forgiveness, never had forgiveness or lost salvation. Some things in our lives change forever when we are saved, some thing may never by the time we die, but definitely some things over time will. Some sins will be a piece of cake to overcome, but some will always be a war till the end of your life. People who say stuff like; you'll only be forgiven if you NEVER EVER do it again, or else God won't forgive you, etc- that's a pure lie. You'll never find someone perfect. That's basically what that would mean, "don't repent for it if you know you won't be perfect at never doing it again!" 

God knows you can't stop sinning 100% of your life, He knows time and time again you will, that is exactly why He needed to send His son to die for us! We cannot stop sin on our own or make up for it! We need a savior! We need someone who is perfect at overcoming sin and temptations! So, if you are saved, you will grow in the spirit to overcome sinful things. Don't just pray you are asking for forgiveness, but prepare yourself for the same sins that continuously try to get to you, plan what to do next time you will be tempted so you will know what will help you not do it again, and pray for the Lord to give you strength to overcome sin. 

He will help you if you truly are saved and want to overcome your sin. Some things take a little more time to fully overcome. Every kind of sin isn't equally tempting to everyone as it is to you, and God knows that. If every sin is constantly repeating in your life and nothing is ever changing in your life to get out of sin, nothing at all, then I would advise you to examine yourself by scripture if you are truly saved, because the Lord does change our lives and gets us to overcome many sins, but not 100% of our lives in the flesh.