Wayne222

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  471
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,542
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  9

I heard a lot of answers. But why is it taking so long. What's the real reason. If he came back he could stop all war. Stop all illness.  Stop all hungry.  He would bring peace to all nations. All murders would end. No more child abuse.  No more racial division. God's name would be held high. No more lewdness.  Modest respectable dress. I could go on. What is delaying Jesus ?

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,382
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

I'd say there are no delays. This happens on God's timing, not ours. There are still people who could be receptive to the news of Jesus who have yet to accept Him. I fully believe God is the sort who would time things so that one more prophecy could be fulfilled that others might believe. That if there was one person on the planet who hadn't had adequate exposure to the Gospel He'd wait on them to make their choice.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  237
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,773
  • Content Per Day:  3.24
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

1 hour ago, Wayne222 said:

I heard a lot of answers. But why is it taking so long. What's the real reason. If he came back he could stop all war. Stop all illness.  Stop all hungry.  He would bring peace to all nations. All murders would end. No more child abuse.  No more racial division. God's name would be held high. No more lewdness.  Modest respectable dress. I could go on. What is delaying Jesus ?

He's waiting for the times of the Gentiles to be fulfilled (Luke 21:24) and for Israel to confess Him as their Saviour (Zechariah 12:10). No doubt the Universe is unfolding, as it should. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

2 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

If he came back he could stop all war. Stop all illness.  Stop all hungry.  He would bring peace to all nations. All murders would end. No more child abuse.  No more racial division. God's name would be held high. No more lewdness.  Modest respectable dress. I could go on. What is delaying Jesus ?

Hi, Wayne. Could you be describing what has been called: The Millennial Reign? God bless. 

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  650
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

Great question.

With a surprisingly simple answer from the Scriptures:

We are delaying His Return.

2 Peter 3:12 says that we can hasten His coming.

Speed up.

Therefore, whenever we don' t speed it up, we delay it.

How can we delay and how can we speed it up?

We get 2 ways to speed up His coming from the Gospel: spreading the Gospel in the whole world as a testimony to all nations (Matthew 24) amd praying for His Return.

How many Christians are praying in this moment for His Return? 

I know personally hundreds of Christians who never heard about this prayer. Yet it is the main meaning of the Lord prayer.

How many are instead praying for things of the world? (Read matthew 23: the parable of the wedding banquet)

In the first three centuries the majority of Christians were praying "Maranatha".

Come quickly Lord.

Not so for the following centuries, when "Kingdom Now theology" and "Dominion theology" made people believe that the main goal was to build a Kingdom on this earth.

But recently thanks to the work of the Spirit the Bride of Christ is awakening again.

Thus Revelation 22 is starting to be fulfilled: "the Spirit and the Bride say come"

Jesus will come for a Bride who utterly desire Him, not for a Bride in love with the world.

Again this is a great question and we shouldn' t answer in a 'lazy' way but putting all the responsibility on God.

We should ask ourselves what are we not doing that we were supposed to do.

Do you wanna join the prayer for His Return and help spreading it in the whole Church?

Edited by listener24
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

@Wayne222 Hi, brother. I know it feels sooo long to those of us who are weary of the ever growing wickedness in these times in which we live and are heartbroken by the suffering...

But to God it is from a different perspective because He is not locked into the framework of time as we are. Being fully eternal (having no beginning and no end) time doesn't seem as long to Him. The salvation of as many as possible is His priority.

2 Peter 3:8-9 explains it this way: "But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping His promise, as some understand slowness. Instead He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance " 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Brilliant! 1

• Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,788
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

3 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

Two reasons given actually:
His great love for all of Adams children
2 Peter 3:9

9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. KJV

His Word will be fulfilled

Matt 24:35-39

35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
KJV

one only needs to know that the days of Noah -every persons thoughts were evil continually ~ except for eight souls!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  14

Hi, 

Thiugh I get impatient with the seeming slowness of Jesus return, I then ask God to forgive me because someone dear to me or to someone else might miss the rapture. That is not something I would every wish....to enjoy the presence of my Lord without a loved one? My selfishness not to spare someone the heartache and pain of the tribulation? No.

Then, God has set times and events which must be fulfilled..prophecies.....that are not yet completed... We are so NOW minded that we forget God lives not only in the past and future but also the very present. 

Events with Israel are being fulfilled, but it took a president willing to do what needed to be and not care the cost to himself setting other events into motion. Other events must now be fulfilled. 

Patience is not something we humans have but we must wait God the Father, Who is in total control and when the TIME is right, we will see His face.

Edited by Littlelambseativy
  • Thumbs Up 3

• Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

2 minutes ago, Littlelambseativy said:

Thiugh I get impatient with the seeming slowness of Jesus return, I then ask God to forgive me because someone dear to me or to someone else might miss the rapture. That is not something I would every wish, to enjoy the presence of my Lord without a loved one? My selfishness not to spare someone the heartache and pain of the tribulation? No.

@Littlelambseativy :emot-nod:This is so true. Thanks for bringing out this point. (You remind me of a dear friend from my youth who always says this.:))

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

7 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

Jesus directly charged his disciples / apostles and all who would believe their message to disciple all nations, to witness to every generation, to every man an answer a reason for the hope that is within us with gentleness and respect.

IF we took this seriously and prioritized everything in life accordingly... it would have taken only a few generations after his ascent to heaven to bring in all who would believe in him in all history.

This is only my opinion / belief on the subject, of course. ← which means subject to total scrutiny and most likely untrue unless it aligns with biblical truth.

But God knows all things. That means all the variables for having given mankind limited amounts of sovereignty (free will). He knows who would and who would not believe in his Son Jesus. 

The thing is, given the Church's lack of putting his commandment to evangelize the lost as top priority... the humanist traditions that deceive the Church (the chiefest being the division of clergy and laity in the new covenant)... God has to "seed" believers through a prolonged history so that their potential conversion can be realized. 

In short, you and I were born when, where, and how so that we would have that come to Jesus moment we would not have had (given our individuality) at any other point. 

The real hell of this is that countless millions of people who will not believe in Jesus (and would have been better off if they had not bee born) are born and go to eternal hell...

because WE who believe in Jesus do not take this commandment seriously enough.

That IMHO is what delays the Messiah.

• This is Worthy 1