• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  650
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

13 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

It is also said: Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth. Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it, What makest thou? or thy work, He hath no hands?

Brother, am I striving with my Maker by obeying praying the prayer He taught us to pray and understanding it?

Edited by listener24

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Even so,  Lord Jesus come or "Maranatha", is my prayer, but so often amended by me very selfishly of my heart's strong desire that time pass that my own, those known to me hear and heed the call of God the Holy Spirit to know Jesus as their Lord God and savior. And for that I do also ask Lord may God The Father have You tarry yet a while longer.

All that are to be saved have been predestined as well as foreknown to God. I cannot be so arrogant as to demand He close creation out setting my will above His sovereignty,what a silly demand that would be from me. My concern is to be the soldier in Christ Jesus not a rogue not a complainer not a clever person thinking up oddities and diversions from that which God has set this clay to be.

And so I say  Maranatha knowing it is the providence of sovereign God The Father to tell Jesus God The Son when He has completed  and  readied  a place for His bride for the honeymoon, and not me.

11 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Even so,  Lord Jesus come or "Maranatha", is my prayer, but so often amended by me very selfishly of my heart's strong desire that time pass that my own, those known to me hear and heed the call of God the Holy Spirit to know Jesus as their Lord God and savior. And for that I do also ask Lord may God The Father have You tarry yet a while longer.

All that are to be saved have been predestined as well as foreknown to God. I cannot be so arrogant as to demand He close creation out setting my will above His sovereignty,what a silly demand that would be from me. My concern is to be the soldier in Christ Jesus not a rogue not a complainer not a celever person thinking up oddities and diversions from that which God has set this clay to be.

And so I say  Maranatha knowing it is the providence of sovereign God The Father to tell Jesus God The Son when He has completed  and  readied  a place for His bride for the honeymoon, and not me.

I don' t pray the Lord to come as a selfish desire of my own.

I pray it for all the persecuted Christians around the world.

They pray it too

"Ask and you will receive" said the Lord

He didn't say "ask and my sovereignty will be challenged" or anything you have written.

You can find many pastors teaching this.

Adrian Rogers to start with.

I am specifying cause you said that what I am writing is odd. It's not.

With love

Edited by listener24
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

1 minute ago, listener24 said:

Brother, am I striving with my Maker by obeying praying the prayer He taught me to pray and understanding it, thus avoiding making it a vain repetition and a babbling?

That is between you and  my Lord.

As for me I will have to let guidance  found at 2 Timothy 2, and also Titus, prevail. That is to avoid vain arguments and foolish things that distract from doing all that each believer in Christ Jesus is to be about doing to His glory alone.

7 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

That is between you and  my Lord.

As for me I will have to let guidance  found at 2 Timothy 2, and also Titus, prevail. That is to avoid vain arguments and foolish things that distract from doing all that each believer in Christ Jesus is to be about doing to His glory alone.

I hope you don't consider our discussion vain argument. 

I consider it a constructive conversation and was glad to hear your points though I disagree.

Your brother in Christ

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  14

1 hour ago, Neighbor said:

All that are to be saved have been predestined as well as foreknown to God. I cannot be so arrogant as to demand He close creation out setting my will above His sovereignty,what a silly demand that would be from me. My concern is to be the soldier in Christ Jesus not a rogue not a complainer not a celever person thinking up oddities and diversions from that which God has set this clay to be.

And that is the rub, the whole point to all Christians who want the rapture now...who of our family or friends may be left behind because of our own selfish desire for Jesus to come now. Yes, all of us want this to end, as we see right turned into wrong and Christians hated for our beliefs, but who will we not see partaking in the ‘the saints’ and angels’ song in heaven with us? Our timing is right in our own eyes but the Father knows the when not us and His timing is perfect. Heaven won’t be the same if we are missing one person who should be there

Edited by Littlelambseativy
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, Littlelambseativy said:

who of our family or friends may be left behind because of our own selfish desire for Jesus to come now.

I am also concerned for the unreached.

We should be missionaries wherever we are.

At the same time there will always be people who are not in Christ at any point in human history.

Following this logic, the Rapture/Second Coming would never happen because there will be always someone who hope it comes as late as possible so that their family member may change their mind.

Instead, God doesn' t follow this logic evidently since He promised that it will happen but He also let us know that many will be left.

Billions of people keep borning in this world, getting tempted and refusing Christ' s Salvation.

Every single second more people are persecuted and more people are in danger to be tempted and overcome by the world.

That is why the Lord taught us to pray: "Maranatha. Come quickly Lord"

Otherwise He would have taught to pray "come slowly"

Aah, but our Heavenly Father has the number of those who will accept Jesus but not all are ready or have accepted His Son as their redeemer. He is waiting for those to say “Yess!” to Jesus.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  471
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,543
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  9

32 minutes ago, Littlelambseativy said:

And that is the rub, the whole point to all Christians who want the rapture now...who of our family or friends may be left behind because of our own selfish desire for Jesus to come now. Yes, all of us want this to end, as we see right turned into wrong and Christians hated for our beliefs, but who will we not see partaking in the ‘the saints’ and angels’ song in heaven with us? Our timing is right in our own eyes but the Father knows the when not us and His timing is perfect. Heaven won’t be the same if we are missing one person who should be there

HI I don't think it's selfish at all to want the lords return. Yes we want all to be saved. I just want it to speed up lol.

• This is Worthy 1

O boy don’t we all...that’s the problem with humans. We want everything now.?