• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  93
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Beats me, but this thread makes me think of Amos 5:18

Woe to you who long for the Day of the LORD!

What will the Day of the LORD be for you? It will be darkness and not light. 

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.32
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

On 3/31/2019 at 1:44 AM, Wayne222 said:

I heard a lot of answers. But why is it taking so long. What's the real reason. If he came back he could stop all war. Stop all illness.  Stop all hungry.  He would bring peace to all nations. All murders would end. No more child abuse.  No more racial division. God's name would be held high. No more lewdness.  Modest respectable dress. I could go on. What is delaying Jesus ?

6 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

Jesus is here, speaking to all of us. Why do so few listen?

And let me add - he came once and was murdered by the government. Do you think it would be any different this time?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

He was murdered by religionists.....they would do it again.

That statement was for the sake of argument only.In truth,Jesus gave His life willingly on our behalf,to atone for our sins lest all of us be damned.In that sense, I killed Jesus and so did you.The religious leaders and Pilate were unknowing participants in God’s Plan .

Edited by Blood Bought 1953

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  650
  • Content Per Day:  0.28

13 hours ago, Who me said:

Think.

If Jesus returned in the next 5 minutes, every person you know and care about or like who is not a Christian would face judgement and condemnation.

Is that what you want?

We have already discussed this above, you can see the answer in the above thread.

If we would think like this, we should wish the Day to never come because there will always be at any second this world goes on billions of people losing the way.

So there will never be a point in history in which what you are saying would change. There will always be non Christians and it will get worse.

For the increase of lawlessness the love of most will keep growing cold.

That is why Jesus didn' t taught us to pray "come slowly, Lord".

Instead He taught us to pray "come quickly, Lord"

The bare minimum to expect from a Bride worth marrying is that she burns with desire for the marriage, not that she hopes it will be as late as possible.

@Wayne222 you asked why the Lord is delaying.

Now you are seeing that many even within Church wish He comes as late as possible.

This is so different from the sentiment of the first Christians who were crying "Maranatha" all day long.

This because they were persecuted, while today most of us in the western world have everything and don' t think about the billion people suffering in this world.

Now do you see how we are delaying His return?

Revelation say that the Spirit and the Bride should cry "Come!"

Now, the Spirit is doing His part but the Bride seems to be crying "please not now Lord"

In the persecuted countries, Christians are praying "Maranatha" all day long.

Will the Western Christianity join?

Edited by listener24

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

24 minutes ago, listener24 said:

We have already discussed this above, you can see the answer in the above thread.

If we would think like this, we should wish the Day to never come because there will always be at any second this world goes on billions of people losing the way.

So there will never be a point in history in which what you are saying would change. There will always be non Christians and it will get worse.

For the increase of lawlessness the love of most will keep growing cold.

That is why Jesus didn' t taught us to pray "come slowly, Lord".

Instead He taught us to pray "come quickly, Lord"

The bare minimum to expect from a Bride worth marrying is that she burns with desire for the marriage, not that she hopes it will be as late as possible.

@Wayne222 you asked why the Lord is delaying.

Now you are seeing that many even within Church wish He comes as late as possible.

This is so different from the sentiment of the first Christians who were crying "Maranatha" all day long.

This because they were persecuted, while today most of us in the western world have everything and don' t think about the billion people suffering in this world.

Now do you see how we are delaying His return?

Revelation say that the Spirit and the Bride should cry "Come!"

Now, the Spirit is doing is part but the Bride seems to be crying "please not now Lord"

In the persecuted countries, Christians are praying "Maranatha" all day long.

Will the Western Christianity join?

I also am so perplexed why some parents with young children do not want the Lord to come.... but they want to wait and see their children grow up...and then the grandchildren... there is an end date set and that will not change because God the Father says, “ I am the Lord I do not change.”

These children will be with them if in eternity if they have taught them to love Jesus and ask for His forgiveness of their sins.