Not me

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

When I think of the Father Heart of God, :)'Abba' comes to mind.

It is a term that expresses affection and confidence and trust. Abba signifies the close, intimate relationship of a father and his child, as well as the childlike trust a young child puts in his "daddy."

It occurs three times in the Bible:

• In Mark 14:36, Jesus uses it to cry out to the Father during His ordeal in the garden of Gethsemane.
  • In Romans 8:15, Paul explains that the sons of God have received a spirit of adoption by which they cry out Abba, Father! “Abba, Father” is mentioned in relation to the Spirit’s work of adoption that makes us God’s children and heirs with Christ.
  • In Galatians 4:6, Paul teaches that because of this sonhood, the Spirit of God's Son comes into the hearts of the sons, crying Abba, Father! 
  • Abba is always followed by the word Father in Scripture. Together, the terms Abba and Father doubly emphasize the fatherhood of God. We are assured of God’s care for His children. :)

• Loved it! 3

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

Children are helpless. We need to depend on God like a child. A christian should give Him total control of their life. Just like a child would do with an earthly parent. 

Edited by missmuffet
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,184
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

36 minutes ago, turtletwo said:

When I think of the Father Heart of God, :)'Abba' comes to mind.

It is a term that expresses affection and confidence and trust. Abba signifies the close, intimate relationship of a father and his child, as well as the childlike trust a young child puts in his "daddy."

It occurs three times in the Bible:

• In Mark 14:36, Jesus uses it to cry out to the Father during His ordeal in the garden of Gethsemane.
  • In Romans 8:15, Paul explains that the sons of God have received a spirit of adoption by which they cry out Abba, Father! “Abba, Father” is mentioned in relation to the Spirit’s work of adoption that makes us God’s children and heirs with Christ.
  • In Galatians 4:6, Paul teaches that because of this sonhood, the Spirit of God's Son comes into the hearts of the sons, crying Abba, Father! 
  • Abba is always followed by the word Father in Scripture. Together, the terms Abba and Father doubly emphasize the fatherhood of God. We are assured of God’s care for His children. :)

I like the “doubly  emphasize” part, make sure there’s absolutely no doubt. 

Blessings

28 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Children are helpless. We need to depend of God like a child. A christian should give Him total control of their life. Just like a child would do with an earthly parent. 

Yes, to make this our goal as Christians, this absolute dependence on God. From your lips to God’s ears. 

Blessings,

Much love in Christ, Not me  

• This is Worthy 2
  • Praise God! 1

Many thanks and blessing and  prayers for the believer who showed me how to spell the word “familial” which I just edited. 

May Christ Himself bless you with Himself in a new and awesome way! 

Blessings

Much love in Christ, Not me  ???

Edited by Not me
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

4 hours ago, Not me said:

Many thanks and blessing and  prayers for the believer who showed me how to spell the word “familial” which I just edited. 

May Christ Himself bless you with Himself in a new and awesome way! 

Blessings

Much love in Christ, Not me  ???

A boy in his early teens used to correct my spelling, which is always full of errors.  Now my spell correct on my 'puter fills in the wrong words for me.  We really can't win.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Willa said:

A boy in his early teens used to correct my spelling, which is always full of errors.  Now my spell correct on my 'puter fills in the wrong words for me.  We really can't win.

My spirit is willing but my  flesh needs a wee-bit of smarts. Lol ? 

blessings,

Much love in Christ, Not me 

Edited by Not me
  • Haha 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

6 hours ago, Willa said:

Now my spell correct on my 'puter fills in the wrong words for me.

@Willa Do you mean it inserts the word in its correct spelling for you? :oWow. My pc is outdated. All it does is underlines in red the misspelled word. Then I must make another  trip to the online Merriam-Webster... :red_smile:I could never play baseball worth a hill of beans but I sure do a lot of hits on that site. :laugh: 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

My puter also butchers our Worthy names and I continually have to correct my spell correct.  It offers a wrong substitute and then does the substitution before I can remove their correction.  It's way too fast for me.  I really need spelling smarts.   Learned to spell phonetically due to my dyslexia, but that doesn't always work well with English.  How many times, for instance is y used in place of an I, like in dyslexia.  You should see what I can come up with in a scrabble game! lol

I can't throw a ball either, turtle.  Flunked softball in middle school!   Oh well, I guess our lives are about making other people look good in comparison.  lol.  Actually, you can't imagine how much I appreciate your words of encouragement here on Worthy.  Based on your prayer requests I suspect you often preach to yourself, which I find myself doing a lot as well.  Love you, sister.

Not me, your name always reminds me of Gal 2:20  Gal 2:20  I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.  Praise God!

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  19
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,360
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

My wife and I excelled in english at school and our spelling was right up there as well. What we're both finding now is that at times we're asking each other "how do you spell that word again,?" Senior moments" now are very much a reality, all too often we're finding and is a bit of a frustration to be honest, especially after so many years of "cruising." Remembering people's names too is an issue with me in comparison with when I was younger, maybe all signs of "getting older" and coming to terms with it, oh well.