IGNORED

They hate us because of God. Should we love them because of God?

Ogner

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,298
  • Content Per Day:  1.73
  • Days Won:  0

23 hours ago, Ogner said:

Why would you say that?

Where God says that we should love his enemies?

Maybe you're the one who won't get is to hear Jesus say , " Well done,"? ?

Please reread my post.

You asked would one get sent to help for not loving Gods enemies and I answered that question.

Where does it say to Love the enemies of God? Through out thewhole bible, it teaches us to love others who don't love us. We are to be imitators of Jesus. He gave up everything for those who hated him.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,047
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, Ogner said:

To talk with convicts in prison it's like looking at a shark in an aquarium.

Sometimes, when you cage the beast, the beast look like a pretty.

Have you ever encountered any shark in the open ocean? I wouldn't advise this.

Some criminals never change, some criminals change in prison.

What if there never was any prison but just wildlife? think about that for a while ...

people encounter sharks in the open ocean all the time....   and if you understand them it is seldom a serious threat...

I don't think I am comfortable in your world of total skepticism.     I have spent lots of time camping in the wild around wildlife and enjoyed it....

Have you ever watched someone take a wild horse and turn it into a life long friend?    To put anyone who has been in prison in the position you want them to be in is a travesty.

I'm wondering what kind of an environment you are living in to have built up such attitudes with people.....

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  562
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

3 hours ago, brotherdon said:

27 But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,

28 Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.

29 And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloak forbid not to take thy coat also.

30 Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again.

31 And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.

32 For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them.

33 And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same.

34 And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again.

35 But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.

36 Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful. Luke6

Which kinds of enemies we must demonstrate love?

1 hour ago, Who me said:

Please reread my post.

You asked would one get sent to help for not loving Gods enemies and I answered that question.

Where does it say to Love the enemies of God? Through out thewhole bible, it teaches us to love others who don't love us. We are to be imitators of Jesus. He gave up everything for those who hated him.

Are you claiming the Bible tells us that we should love:
- murderer, burglar, rapist... and other villains (Numbers 35:16, 21, 31; Deuteronomy 13:9 and Deuteronomy 22:25)  
- witch (Ex.22:18)
- those who reject Jesus (John 3:36) 
-  and antichrists 
isn't it?

Do you think Jesus could taught us something like this?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  42
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

On 4/1/2019 at 10:08 AM, Ogner said:

Does God love satan? No...he does not. Satan is evil, and God hates evil. (Psalm 5:4) and he punishes it (Psalm 34:16)

Should we love enemies of God? God wants us to love what he loves, and hate what he hates. (Romans 12:9)

Should we love satan and his children? We must resist the devil and seperate ourselves from those who do his work (James 47; 2 Corinthians 6:14-18)

Can we love God & satan? What is this if not betrayal? No. Satan has already been defeated. By his death and resurrection, Jesus defeated the devil. Satan is done. (Hebrews 2:14) If you love Satan, then you will be going against everything God detests...and that is betrayal.

Do you think it's possible to love God and satan at the same time? Absolutely not. We cannot serve two masters. (Matthew 6:24)

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, other one said:

people encounter sharks in the open ocean all the time....   and if you understand them it is seldom a serious threat...

I don't think I am comfortable in your world of total skepticism.     I have spent lots of time camping in the wild around wildlife and enjoyed it....

Have you ever watched someone take a wild horse and turn it into a life long friend?    To put anyone who has been in prison in the position you want them to be in is a travesty.

I'm wondering what kind of an environment you are living in to have built up such attitudes with people.....

Do you really need to be getting personal here?

What's your point? 
Are you trying to prove that I must love satan, his children and those who happy when can hurt me?

So, what are you trying to tell me? 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,298
  • Content Per Day:  1.73

1 minute ago, Ogner said:

Are you claiming the Bible tells us that we should love:
- murderer, burglar, rapist... and other villains (Numbers 35:16, 21, 31; Deuteronomy 13:9 and Deuteronomy 22:25)  
- witch (Ex.22:18)
- those who reject Jesus (John 3:36) 
-  and antichrists 
isn't it?

Do you think Jesus could taught us something like this?

That is just what Jesus did teach. He went to the outcasts, those the 'respectable' did not want anything to do with.

1cor6: Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

12 minutes ago, Who me said:

That is just what Jesus did teach. He went to the outcasts, those the 'respectable' did not want anything to do with.

1cor6: Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

A few sinners repented.
What does that prove? How does any of this prove that is just what Jesus did teach?
Should I assume that's reason to love those who shows no remorse for their crime and happy when can hurt me? 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,047
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, Ogner said:

Do you really need to be getting personal here?

What's your point? 
Are you trying to prove that I must love satan, his children and those who happy when can hurt me?

So, what are you trying to tell me? 

I'm trying to understand what you are trying to get across to people...  You seem to be piling everyone who is not a born again Christian into one big pot of evil and that just isn't reality.   Jesus tells us to love our enemies and you just pay no attention to his teaching at all....   and I've posted the scripture to show that.

So what is it that you are trying to do?  And I don't understand how anyone can have your thoughts about the subject.....   so help me to understand...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  191
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

1 hour ago, Ogner said:

Those that hurt you, those that despitefully use you, those that would rather give you a knuckle sandwich than hug you. those that take from you, and on and on. i'm not telling anyone what they should or shouldn't do, i'm just repeating what Jesus says. i'm far far from perfect, and falling short is easier than staying on track, but by the grace and mercy of the Almighty, i'll be on the potters wheel until He is done with me.

• Thumbs Up 1