IGNORED

They hate us because of God. Should we love them because of God?

Ogner

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

I think, do to Onger is doing nothing but ask questions, I am going to put the thread on ignore...    I don't see anything coming from it....

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  562
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, other one said:

I'm trying to understand what you are trying to get across to people...  You seem to be piling everyone who is not a born again Christian into one big pot of evil and that just isn't reality.   Jesus tells us to love our enemies and you just pay no attention to his teaching at all....   and I've posted the scripture to show that.

So what is it that you are trying to do?  And I don't understand how anyone can have your thoughts about the subject.....   so help me to understand...

They don't need your love, pity and your forgiveness. 

If you love them or not, nothing will change.

You can love and forgive antichrists, witch, criminals, murderer, burglar, rapist... and other villains. 

What does that have to do with Jesus, law of Moses and Biblical teaching? 

Edited by Ogner

1 hour ago, other one said:

I think, do to Onger is doing nothing but ask questions, I am going to put the thread on ignore...    I don't see anything coming from it....

Look at these uninhibited outpourings of love.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

If God is going to stop evil, is He required to stop all of it or just some of it?  If He stops all of it, would we be free?

As for scripture showing that Jesus tells us to love our enemies... here you go

Matthew 5: 44 and 45 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous

Luke 6:27 But to those of you who will listen, I say: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you

Luke 6:28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  42
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

5 hours ago, Ogner said:

How do you feel when you see innocent people get killed? You feel  that you love murderers?

When innocent people get killed it's not reason to love their murderers. It's a question of who you have compassion for. 

Do you think that you must love murderers? Do you think Jesus could taught us how to love murderers? 

Good evening Ogner. I think the point that many in this thread are trying to make is...the sins that you have mentioned above -the murderers along with the rapists, child molesters, adulterers, liars, etc... those are the sins that Jesus died for. Does a sick person need a doctor? No. Does a righteous person need to be saved? No. To God, all sins need to be atoned for and there is no sin too great or small for our Lord and Savior to forgive. King David was a murderer and an adulterer. Apostle Paul (when he was Saul) was responsible for having Christians killed, but didn't God forgive them? Yes, he did.  1 John 2:2 says of Jesus"He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world."

None of us deserves God's forgiveness - regardless of the sins. We all deserve judgement because we have all fallen short of God's standard. I know it's hard to understand how strong and powerful God's love is for us - even for the murderer. But God's love is not like our love that runs hot and cold...that turns on and off. God's love is an Agape love (1 Corinthians 13:4-13)  His love is unconditional, faithful and sacrificial. God's love is supreme over all and the only kind of love that will sacrifice a Son to atone for the sins of the world. 

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, appy said:

If God is going to stop evil, is He required to stop all of it or just some of it?  If He stops all of it, would we be free?

As for scripture showing that Jesus tells us to love our enemies... here you go

Matthew 5: 44 and 45 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous

Luke 6:27 But to those of you who will listen, I say: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you

Luke 6:28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.

What do you think freedom is?
Do you think freedom is the possibility to do evil?
Without possibility to do evil, there would be no freedom?
He who don't commits evil can never be free?

Heaven doesn't have possibility to do evil.
So there is no freedom in Heaven? 

I wish it were always like in Heaven. Do you?

Edited by Ogner

5 hours ago, valenciarosejjj said:

Good evening Ogner. I think the point that many in this thread are trying to make is...the sins that you have mentioned above -the murderers along with the rapists, child molesters, adulterers, liars, etc... those are the sins that Jesus died for. Does a sick person need a doctor? No. Does a righteous person need to be saved? No. To God, all sins need to be atoned for and there is no sin too great or small for our Lord and Savior to forgive. King David was a murderer and an adulterer. Apostle Paul (when he was Saul) was responsible for having Christians killed, but didn't God forgive them? Yes, he did.  1 John 2:2 says of Jesus"He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world."

None of us deserves God's forgiveness - regardless of the sins. We all deserve judgement because we have all fallen short of God's standard. I know it's hard to understand how strong and powerful God's love is for us - even for the murderer. But God's love is not like our love that runs hot and cold...that turns on and off. God's love is an Agape love (1 Corinthians 13:4-13)  His love is unconditional, faithful and sacrificial. God's love is supreme over all and the only kind of love that will sacrifice a Son to atone for the sins of the world. 

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

Does God forgive those who do not ask him?

Why should I forgive thoes who wish me harm and show no mercy on me? They do not ask me to forgive them. And they're happy when can hurt me. They hate me because of God. Why in God's name should I love them ?

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
He that believes on him is not condemned: but he that believes not is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
For every one that does evil hates the light, neither comes to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

(Jn.3:16-20)

He that believes on the Son has everlasting life: and he that believes not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God stays on him.
(Jn.3:36)

Whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them.

Edited by Ogner

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,461
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,742
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  126
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

1 hour ago, Ogner said:

Why should I forgive thoes who wish me harm and show no mercy on me? They do not ask me to forgive them. And they're happy when can hurt me. They hate me because of God. Why in God's name should I love them ?

Mat 5:43  “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 
Mat 5:44  But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 
Mat 5:45  so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. 
Mat 5:46  For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? 
Mat 5:47  And if you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? 
Mat 5:48  You therefore must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  191
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

14 hours ago, Ogner said:

How do you feel when you see innocent people get killed? You feel  that you love murderers?

When innocent people get killed it's not reason to love their murderers. It's a question of who you have compassion for. 

Do you think that you must love murderers? Do you think Jesus could taught us how to love murderers? 

Its hurtful seeing the things going on in this world, and would rather not watch the news because of the craziness. I have the most compassion for those that the victim has left behind it must be horrible for them, but also have compassion for the offender because I can't grasp how some one can do such terrible acts. My mom worked for the police force raising 4 children on her own, and was shot in face and wrist. It crippled her wrist, half her tongue is gone,her earlobes, she went thru 7 years of surgery. She is still living and a healthy 74, she was shot at 36.

i'm not sure how many shots but it may have been 4 , she was in pretty bad shape. the man emptied his gun then started pistol whipping her to finish it off, thank The Almighty for sending someone to stop it. I was about 16 years old when it happened it turned me into an angry young man. Then a couple years later I found Jesus, and was able to forgive the man that did this and have compassion for him. 

1 hour ago, George said:

Mat 5:43  “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 
Mat 5:44  But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 
Mat 5:45  so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. 
Mat 5:46  For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? 
Mat 5:47  And if you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? 
Mat 5:48  You therefore must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect. 

So are you trying to say that's about how to love antichrists, witch, criminals, murderer, burglar, rapist... and other villains? Those who do not ask to forgive them.

They don't need your love, pity and your forgiveness. 
They hate us because we love God.  They cannot forgive us for this.
They're what they are not because of me or you or anyone else.

Edited by Ogner