IGNORED

They hate us because of God. Should we love them because of God?

Ogner

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  191
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.

52 Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers:

53 Who have received the law by the disposition of angels, and have not kept it.

54 When they heard these things, they were cut to the heart, and they gnashed on him with their teeth.

55 But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,

56 And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.

57 Then they cried out with a loud voice, and stopped their ears, and ran upon him with one accord,

58 And cast him out of the city, and stoned him: and the witnesses laid down their clothes at a young man's feet, whose name was Saul.

59 And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.

60 And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep.

Stephen asked the lord not to lay this charge against them. Saul was there before being surnamed Paul. Don't get me wrong i'm not name calling just wanted to put why they was upset with Stephen, so don't imply i'm calling anybody stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  562
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

37 minutes ago, brotherdon said:

Look at Joseph in Genesis and how he forgave his brothers after what he had been put thru.

After which God had given us some commandments.

Numbers 35:16, 21, 31; and Deuteronomy 22:25)  

Deuteronomy: 6 If your brother, the son of your mother, or your son, or your daughter, or the wife of your bosom, or your friend, which is as your own soul, entice you secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which you have not known, you, nor your fathers;
7 Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you, near to you, or far off from you, from the one end of the earth even to the other end of the earth;
8 You shall not consent to him, nor listen to him; neither shall your eye pity him, neither shall you spare, neither shall you conceal him:
9 But you shall surely kill him; your hand shall be first on him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people.

So what does that prove? 

Is it your proof that we should love antichrists, witch, murderer, burglar, rapist... and other villains or what?

2 minutes ago, pinacled said:

Then they secretly persuaded some men to say, “We have heard Stephen speak blasphemous words against Moses and against God.”

12 So they stirred up the people and the elders and the teachers of the law. They seized Stephen and brought him before the Sanhedrin.13 They produced false witnesses,who testified, “This fellow never stops speaking against this holy place and against the law. 14 For we have heard him say that this Jesus of Nazareth will destroy this placeand change the customs Moses handed down to us.”

I suggest the entire account needs to be presented so that there is no misguided intentions.

Thankyou brother

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Ogner said:

After which God had given us some commandments.

Numbers 35:16, 21, 31; and Deuteronomy 22:25)  

Deuteronomy: 6 If your brother, the son of your mother, or your son, or your daughter, or the wife of your bosom, or your friend, which is as your own soul, entice you secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which you have not known, you, nor your fathers;
7 Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you, near to you, or far off from you, from the one end of the earth even to the other end of the earth;
8 You shall not consent to him, nor listen to him; neither shall your eye pity him, neither shall you spare, neither shall you conceal him:
9 But you shall surely kill him; your hand shall be first on him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people.

So what does that prove? 

Is it your proof that we should love antichrists, witch, murderer, burglar, rapist... and other villains or what?

No, i'm not trying to prove nothing, just sharing. 

23 minutes ago, brotherdon said:

51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.

52 Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers:

53 Who have received the law by the disposition of angels, and have not kept it.

54 When they heard these things, they were cut to the heart, and they gnashed on him with their teeth.

55 But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,

56 And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.

57 Then they cried out with a loud voice, and stopped their ears, and ran upon him with one accord,

58 And cast him out of the city, and stoned him: and the witnesses laid down their clothes at a young man's feet, whose name was Saul.

59 And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.

60 And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep.

Stephen asked the lord not to lay this charge against them. Saul was there before being surnamed Paul. Don't get me wrong i'm not name calling just wanted to put why they was upset with Stephen, so don't imply i'm calling anybody stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart. 

You attention to situations in which Jesus and Stephen were killed by children of satan. 

What do you expect me to do about it now? Should I assume that's reason to love those who shows no remorse for their crime and happy when can hurt me? 

How do you feel when you see innocent people get killed? You feel  that you love murderers?

When innocent people get killed it's not reason to love their murderers. It's a question of who you have compassion for. 

Do you think that you must love murderers? Do you think Jesus could taught us how to love murderers? 

Jesus and Stephan did their utmost  to prove otherwise

• Thumbs Up 1

Let The Almighty deal with them, i'm not saying invite them to dinner.

This merry-go-round is making me dizzy, I can't say no more besides Shalom, I love you.

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,460
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,739
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  126
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

1Pe 2:20  For what credit is it if, when you sin and are beaten for it, you endure? But if when you do good and suffer for it you endure, this is a gracious thing in the sight of God. 
1Pe 2:21  For to this you have been called, because Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example, so that you might follow in his steps. 
1Pe 2:22  He committed no sin, neither was deceit found in his mouth. 
1Pe 2:23  When he was reviled, he did not revile in return; when he suffered, he did not threaten, but continued entrusting himself to him who judges justly. 

You leave the judgment to God ... as Jesus gave us such an example!

Rom 12:17  Repay no one evil for evil, but give thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all. 
Rom 12:18  If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. 
Rom 12:19  Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” 
Rom 12:20  To the contrary, “if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head.” 
Rom 12:21  Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. 

It's pretty clear ... do not be overcome by evil.  :)  It's not too difficult to understand.  :)

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, George said:

1Pe 2:20  For what credit is it if, when you sin and are beaten for it, you endure? But if when you do good and suffer for it you endure, this is a gracious thing in the sight of God. 
1Pe 2:21  For to this you have been called, because Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example, so that you might follow in his steps. 
1Pe 2:22  He committed no sin, neither was deceit found in his mouth. 
1Pe 2:23  When he was reviled, he did not revile in return; when he suffered, he did not threaten, but continued entrusting himself to him who judges justly. 

You leave the judgment to God ... as Jesus gave us such an example!

Rom 12:17  Repay no one evil for evil, but give thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all. 
Rom 12:18  If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. 
Rom 12:19  Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” 
Rom 12:20  To the contrary, “if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head.” 
Rom 12:21  Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. 

It's pretty clear ... do not be overcome by evil.  :)  It's not too difficult to understand.  :)

In Rom 12:19 Paul quotes the words of Deuteronomy 32:35 

If you read the whole chapter, you will see that Israel had acted lawlessly and they sacrificed unto devils, not to God. 

At this particularly trying moment, God said "To me belongeth vengeance and recompence; ..."

So what does that means? Is it your proof that we should love antichrists, witch, murderer, burglar, rapist... and other villains or what? Those who shows no remorse for their crime and happy when can hurt me.

What do you mean?  Should I be grateful them that they want to hurt me?
If I'm a victim of a crime I can't go to court?
And are you trying to say that if criminals want to take my shirt, I must hand over them coat as well?
And do you think  I should be  thankful to criminals for I have been the victim of crime?
You think this is what Paul was talking about?

This is another proof of we should live by law of God and should be trying to do the Lord's will. 
Otherwise, God will say "To me belongeth vengeance and recompence; ..." again.

Jeremiah 22:3 "Thus says the Lord: Do justice and righteousness, and deliver from the hand of the oppressor him who has been robbed. And do no wrong or violence to the alien, the fatherless, and the widow, nor shed innocent blood in this place.".

Jeremiah 22:26 "He judged the cause of the poor and needy; then it was well. Is not this to know me? says the Lord.".

Edited by Ogner
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,272
  • Content Per Day:  1.73

On 02 April 2019 at 7:15 PM, Ogner said:

A few sinners repented.
What does that prove? How does any of this prove that is just what Jesus did teach?
Should I assume that's reason to love those who shows no remorse for their crime and happy when can hurt me? 

Disciple means follower of a teacher and that is what the apostles were.

They did not invent the gospel but taught what they had been taught.

Are you being called into a ministry that reaches out to criminals etc?

Reread my first reply to you.

All I suggested was that you pray inteligently for others. Is that beyond you?