IGNORED

They hate us because of God. Should we love them because of God?

Ogner

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  562
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, appy said:

the word testament comes two passages in the New Testament, one in Hebrews and one in Galatians where actually the word is properly rendered covenant. It would be easier, it would be more accurate to speak of the Bible as having two covenants: the old covenant and new covenant. Of course, we have inherited the term testament, so we will continue to speak of the Bible having two testaments, but the notion of covenant shapes an awful lot of how the Bible is put together rather than testament. a covenant is made with the people of God as a nation in Exodus, and this is the one that is sometimes referred to in the New Testament as the old covenant.“

Hebrews 8: 6 (NIV) But in fact the ministry Jesus has received is as superior to theirs as the covenant of which he is mediator is superior to the old one, since the new covenant is established on better promises.

7 For if there had been nothing wrong with that first covenant, no place would have been sought for another.

8 But God found fault with the people and said: "The days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the people of Israel and with the people of Judah.

9 It will not be like the covenant I made with their ancestors when I took them by the hand to lead them out of Egypt, because they did not remain faithful to my covenant, and I turned away from them, declares the Lord.

10 This is the covenant I will establish with the people of Israel after that time, declares the Lord. I will put my laws in their minds and write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people.

11 No longer will they teach their neighbor, or say to one another, 'Know the Lord,' because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest.

12 For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more."

13 By calling this covenant "new," he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear.

In the New Testament, It was the pharisees and scribes that misapplied and abused those guidelines to teach and justify personal revenge for every and all insults. (Exodus 21) But Jesus says.... “But I tell you”. (Matt 5:22) and he gives the reason why we are to love those who are abusive. It does not mean that a violent person will not face the police, a judge and jury. (judicial system) But that we as Christians ourselves; do not seek out personal retribution (revenge) for slights. For example, someone calls you a bad name, you are not to return in kind, but instead let the insult roll off your shoulders and if this person asks you for a drink of water, give it to him/her. In this way you are showing God's character and love to the offender through your action of kindness.

Matthew 5:45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.

In the above verse we see that God is kind to all, even those who are unrighteous. Jesus came and died on the cross so that those in your list quoted above can be reconciled back to God in the same way as anyone else. No matter who they are, or what they have been like. Yes, all come to God in the same way, through Christ on the cross. People you think of that are good and deserving have also sinned, because God says “all have sinned” all are alike, there is none that is righteous.  Not believing what God has said about his son and the way to him is sinful in itself.  So a good person, that only mildly sins is also under condemnation because he or she refuses to believe.

So what does that means? Is it your proof that we should love antichrists, witch, murderer, burglar, rapist... and other villains or what? Those who shows no remorse for their crime and happy when can hurt me.

What do you mean?  Should I be grateful them that they want to hurt me?
If I'm a victim of a crime I can't go to court?
And are you trying to say that if criminals want to take my shirt, I must hand over them coat as well?
And do you think  I should be  thankful to criminals for I have been the victim of crime?

For example, robbers broke into home, they looted the place, and shot a dog. So what are we supposed to do?
Should we lock the doors and call the police?
or should we say to our children, that's good because we love crimenals so much that we need to give  them everything we have then we also must keep the secret? Our neighbors may be next victims, but that's not why we care. 
Because we love our enemies and  God said "To me belongeth vengeance and recompence; ..."

You should be careful about what you say next.

You can love and forgive antichrists, witch, criminals, murderer, burglar, rapist... and other villains. 
What does that have to do with Jesus, law of Moses and Biblical teaching? 

Speaking of which, you're putting people in danger.

P.S.  What do you do when  somebody breaks forums' rules? 

So, you don't do anything because "To me belongeth vengeance and recompence; ..." or something?

Edited by Ogner
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,460
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,739
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  126
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

13 minutes ago, Ogner said:

For example, robbers broke into home, they looted the place, and shot a dog. So what are we supposed to do?
Should we lock the doors and call the police?

Actually, the Bible says you can defend yourself! 

Exo 22:2  If a thief is found breaking in and is struck so that he dies, there shall be no bloodguilt for him, 
Exo 22:3  but if the sun has risen on him, there shall be bloodguilt for him. He shall surely pay. If he has nothing, then he shall be sold for his theft. 

This is not what this thread is ... the basis for your initial post was how are we to respond to our enemies.  And Jesus has it perfectly clear ...

Mat 5:43  “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 
Mat 5:44  But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 
Mat 5:45  so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. 
Mat 5:46  For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? 
Mat 5:47  And if you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? 
Mat 5:48  You therefore must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect. 

1 hour ago, Ogner said:

50 minutes ago, George said:

Actually, the Bible says you can defend yourself! 

Exo 22:2  If a thief is found breaking in and is struck so that he dies, there shall be no bloodguilt for him, 
Exo 22:3  but if the sun has risen on him, there shall be bloodguilt for him. He shall surely pay. If he has nothing, then he shall be sold for his theft. 

This is not what this thread is ... the basis for your initial post was how are we to respond to our enemies.  And Jesus has it perfectly clear ...

Mat 5:43  “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 
Mat 5:44  But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 
Mat 5:45  so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. 
Mat 5:46  For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? 
Mat 5:47  And if you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? 
Mat 5:48  You therefore must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect. 

So, robbers is not my enemies? Jesus wasn't talking about criminals?

Shouldn't we love antichrists, witch, murderer, burglar, rapist... and other villains?

A victim of a crime can go to court and to demand justice?

We should love just our personal enemies?  

You agree with this?

Edited by Ogner

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,460
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,739
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  126
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

... amazingly, you're going around in circles!

Listen, I have ultra-orthodox Jews that pray ... and in essence praying curses over my family.  Just like witches ... and ... how do I pray?

Lord, I ask you to break off every curse assigned to your ministry, to your house, to myself, to my wife, to my kids, to our marriage, to our relationships ... and Lord I ask you to BLESS all those that curse us ... Lord, pour out your spirit of conviction, reveal Your Son to them ... Lord I ask you to bring them into the Kingdom -- in the name of Jesus Amen!

This is how you are to deal with WITCHES ... WARLOCKS ... and those who curse you!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

25 minutes ago, George said:

Listen, I have ultra-orthodox Jews that pray ... and in essence praying curses over my family.  Just like witches ... and ... how do I pray?

Lord, I ask you to break off every curse assigned to your ministry, to your house, to myself, to my wife, to my kids, to our marriage, to our relationships ... and Lord I ask you to BLESS all those that curse us ... Lord, pour out your spirit of conviction, reveal Your Son to them ... Lord I ask you to bring them into the Kingdom -- in the name of Jesus Amen!

This is how you are to deal with WITCHES ... WARLOCKS ... and those who curse you!

I do not use the like feature on posts often, but I wish I could like this a hundred times. 

That is how you deal with enemies and those who seek to harm. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

When 9/11 happened, like everyone else in the us I was horrified. More so perhaps because there is a good chance I knew someone in the twin towers. I knew someone in the pentagon that day who fortunately escaped unharmed. I started praying for the destruction of muslims when it was shown to be caused by muslims. As I started praying, the Lord stopped me and changed my prayers. He showed me that I had to pray instead for the salvation of muslims and that it was just fine to pray that they cant harm others but I cannot pray for them to be destroyed. The Lord showed me quite clearly that it was NOT ok to hate my enemy. A lesson I will not forget.

• Praise God! 1

2 minutes ago, George said:

You should be thankful them that they want to hurt you. 
If they  want to take your shirt, you must hand over them coat as well.
And whatever happens you can't go to court.
Not because Jesus. 
Because it is you're telling people to do.
Enjoy!

Matthew 7:2: "For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."

Judge not according to appearance, but judge righteous judgment. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.  If you do not judge others, your heavenly Father will not be judge between you and your abuser. When people take a neutral stand between you and your abuser, they are in effect abandoning you. If you do not judge others, and you will not be judged. And that's bad. 

3 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

When 9/11 happened, like everyone else in the us I was horrified. More so perhaps because there is a good chance I knew someone in the twin towers. I knew someone in the pentagon that day who fortunately escaped unharmed. I started praying for the destruction of muslims when it was shown to be caused by muslims. As I started praying, the Lord stopped me and changed my prayers. He showed me that I had to pray instead for the salvation of muslims and that it was just fine to pray that they cant harm others but I cannot pray for them to be destroyed. The Lord showed me quite clearly that it was NOT ok to hate my enemy. A lesson I will not forget.

There is no word on victims. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81

2 hours ago, George said:

Witches and Warlocks?  Hmm,   never gave them much thought. I believe that there are those that give themselves over to a reprobate mind and believe of themselves as this or that.  I just never thought about praying for them. Pray that the Lord would cast out their demons of hate.  

Of viurse not. You either love God or Satan. You cannot serve two masters. We choose to allow ourselves to listen to one or the other. Those paths lead in opposite directions.