LadyKay

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

I just got back from a grocery store. They had roast beef on sale. One of the roast beefs was miss marked with a price of .45 cents. :blink:  

I picked it up and put it into my cart and thought about it.  After a few moments I thought "I can't take this, it is clearly a mistake and it just would not be right for me to take advantage of someone".  So I pointed it out to the meat department guy who was very grateful that I pointed it out to him.  But would it have been dishonest on my part to have snatched it up? I am thinking the cashier would have seen it and question it. But still. What do you all think? 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.32
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

10 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

I just got back from a grocery store. They had roast beef on sale. One of the roast beefs was miss marked with a price of .45 cents. :blink:  

I picked it up and put it into my cart and thought about it.  After a few moments I thought "I can't take this, it is clearly a mistake and it just would not be right for me to take advantage of someone".  So I pointed it out to the meat department guy who was very grateful that I pointed it out to him.  But would it have been dishonest on my part to have snatched it up? I am thinking the cashier would have seen it and question it. But still. What do you all think? 

Had you not pointed out the mistake and only paid 45 cents, you would have spent the next month wondering if you cheated the grocery store. Now you know you didn't.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,298
  • Content Per Day:  1.73

15 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

.  But would it have been dishonest on my part to have snatched it up? I am thinking the cashier would have seen it and question it. But still. What do you all think?

What is sin? Is it in the thinking about or in the motive for an action or is it in the action?

Jesus talked about looking with lust as being as bad as the act.

Now instead of feeling guilty about taking advantage of someones mistake you'll just feel bad at missing a cheap meal, while knowing you did the right thing.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  790
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

The price of my daily newspaper went up from £1.80 to £2.00 a couple of months ago. The corner shop cashier is still trying to charge me the lower price - and every time I have to point out that it's gone up!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  2,230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.50
  • Content Count:  4,355
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Birthday:  04/11/1947

57 minutes ago, Deborah_ said:

The price of my daily newspaper went up from £1.80 to £2.00 a couple of months ago. The corner shop cashier is still trying to charge me the lower price - and every time I have to point out that it's gone up!

1 hour ago, LadyKay said:

I think that The Lord brought the matter to your attention of honesty, and of how would you react to a similar matter. Most of all, the Lord, I think, has to know what is in your heart, what do you think?

Edited by Walter and Deborah
More info.
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,039
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

2 hours ago, LadyKay said:

The fact that you would do that is one of the reasons we like you so.....        never ever violate your conscience for it is usually the Holy Spirit speaking to you....    I would think if you had bought it; it would bug you for some time....

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

2 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Yes, it would have been dishonest to have taken that roast beef and not have pointed out the mistake to the cashier. Christians are supposed to be honest. But we are suppose to do honest deeds without boasting to anyone about what we have done. Do it for God. 

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

You did the right thing, Kay. All here are in agreement about it. Good on you. God bless!

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93

Thank You all. I thought as much.I really did question myself about this. And this was not meant to be a post about "oh look how holy I am."  I was going to word the post in away that it did not include me in it. But I couldn't work out what to say that sounded right. So I just shared what happen.   I thought is this a blessing from God or a test? I think it was a test. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  191
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

Honesty is best, its better you went to meat man himself instead of cashier, could have gotten meat man in trouble. Praise God for your honesty.