• Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

31 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

What’s the solution?

ONLY the redeeming, reconciling and transforming biological explanation of our 
troubled human condition can save us. And it is precisely that understanding, and 
its now desperately needed transformation of our lives, that the World 
Transformation Movement presents in biologist Jeremy Griffith’s book FREEDOM.

WHAT A LIE THIS IS .  SOUNDS JUST LIKE WHAT THE SERPENT WOULD SAY .

IT SHOULD SAY , ONLY THE REDEEMING BLOOD OF JESUS , RECONCILING US to the FATHER

IS WHAT SAVES and SETS US FREE FROM OUR OWN EVIL .

AS I Have long said , ONLY JESUS SAVES and none can save his or herself PEROID .

@frienduff thaylorde Amen! I wholeheartedly agree with you, brother. This philosophical, psychological stuff (new age) is the exact opposite of what the scriptures say.

We must be careful to never look to human explanations. We as Christians know things are so simply because God says they are so. He calls the shots because He is our Creator and He knows everything. He is the final authority on all things pertaining to life. 

He said that all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.

He said that the Blood of Jesus is our only hope.

As the hymn declares: 

"My Hope is Built on Nothing Less"
by Edward Mote, 1797-1874

1. My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus' blood and righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus' name.
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand.

• This is Worthy 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/08/1950

Absolutely right, frienduff and turtletwo, and other posters here.  As my Pastor often says "JESUS WILL HAVE THE LAST SAY!".

• Praise God! 3

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

6 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

Worldly Christians? I assumed once a person is born again they see this world for what it is. Not a place to store treasure. I am idealistic, i don't understand how a true Christian can remain worldly. 

The word "Christian" has lost its significance. Anyone can call themselves a Christian. You recognize a born again Christian in what they say and their actions. 

• This is Worthy 2

42 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

The word "Christian" has lost its significance. Anyone can call themselves a Christian. You recognize a born again Christian in what they say and their actions. 

Thankyou! The voice of common sense and truth. That is a sad truth. We know though on here, at i least i hope most on here do. When you truly accept Christ as Saviour and Lord, this world's pleasures look pale and useless in comparison. We recognise our brothers and sisters in Christ by all that they are. 

Edited by Melinda12

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

@missmuffet @Melinda12 :) So true. Though salvation comes by grace alone, once we are saved a transformation occurs which will be evident to those around us. It is described in scripture as being born again.

"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creation: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." (2 Cor 5:17)

54 minutes ago, Melinda12 said:

. When you truly accept Christ as Saviour and Lord, this world's pleasures look pale and useless in comparison.

From the hymn-

Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
In the light of His glory and grace.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

15 hours ago, turtletwo said:

@missmuffet @Melinda12 :) So true. Though salvation comes by grace alone, once we are saved a transformation occurs which will be evident to those around us. It is described in scripture as being born again.

"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creation: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." (2 Cor 5:17)

From the hymn-

Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
In the light of His glory and grace.

That's right my dearly loved sister .      And on that note ,  let all raise those hands and just bellow out songs of victory n Christ and much thanksgiving unto HE who has saved us and can keep us from falling .      Turn this place into a festival of glorious praise TO THE LORD .   WORTHY is the LAMB to receive all riches , honor and glory due Him .

And let all as one stand firm against the all inclusive pit of lies from the House where the light shines not , ROME .  

GOD is OUR FATHER and we shall flee the lies of men gone wrong .     SO hands up and let all rejoice in and PRAISE THE RISEN SAVOIR , KING and BISHOP of our souls .  SING IT my friends ,

and sing it no matter what comes against us , FOR WE HAVE THE VICTORY for the VICTOR IS CHRIST .    SOUND IT OUT FOR ALL TO HEAR .  

• Praise God! 1