• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

On 4/3/2019 at 1:03 PM, plavious said:

Can God Choose Whether Or Not to forgive and  Love Us?

I would say that God is God because he loves us unconditionally. Of course, that means he disciplines us, and the discipline can be very severe if we stubbornly persist in our sin.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  1

On 4/3/2019 at 10:03 AM, plavious said:

NO He can't, ....because of His foreknowledge, before God started creation, when there was only God,  ...was the Word John 1:1.

The Word tells us:

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but Have everlasting life.  John 3:16

The key word here is whosoever, ...that means everyone has been given the opportunity to chose, ...life or death.

Also, there is a Book of Life written before the foundation of the world Rev 17:8 that every human ever born has their name written in, so then, ...God knows everyone that will come to His Son for salvation, ...if God chose to not forgive someone that asked for forgiveness that would be a sin against His foreknowledge, ...and we all know it is impossible for God to sin or tell a lie!

Lord bless

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  1

He chose to love us, and He chose to save us in self sacrifice before He even created us. His Glory, His creation, His redemption. He will never change. He decided to love us and save us. We only must BELIEVE. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  860
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

We must only believe is the key then.

The scriptures are the living word, meaning the answer is right there, when we ask God right there. 

Can and does God choose to love us, to forgive us, or what happens and can God be against us ?

That is easily answered looking first in the Gospel. Do many assume and consider the other way around, that God will welcome them into Heaven, that whatever they did in life, was forgiven, and they really believed that Christ would accept them, but were shocked when He rejects them all ?

Matthew 7:21-23 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Now look once more, again this very same example in the Gospel of Christ, and notice who God actually DOES HEAR, (according to Himself and not peoples assuming wishes and claims)

Luke 18:10-14 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican. The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican. I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess. And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner. I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; AND HE THAT HUMBLETH HIMSELF SHALL BE EXALTED.

Every person who says they do not need to doubt themselves is right ? Every person who thinks they are assured and saved ? Those examples are not there, that is how many do and fail as told. I don't need to speak about the correct way, it is told right there.

Now recognising the key word above, is depart from me, all you workers of INIQUITY. Can God choose to not love them MANY WORKERS OF INIQUITY who call Jesus Christ as their Lord ? Very much so, even look at how He actually feels:

Psalms 5:4-6 For thou art not a God that hath pleasure in wickedness: neither shall evil dwell with thee. The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: THOU HATEST ALL WORKERS OF INIQUITY. Thou shalt destroy them that speak leasing: the Lord will abhor the bloody and deceitful man.

Forgiving, is it conditional?

Matthew 6:15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Faith is the requirement, and repentance. Unfortunately both are given by God and we have neither of them options:

1 Corinthians 12:7-9 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal. For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit; To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;

2 Timothy 2:25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

Of course people too quickly stop doubting themselves, and immidiately accept the raising up that comes from the people all around them. But who can find the faithful man?

Proverbs 20:6 Most men will proclaim every one his own goodness: but a faithful man who can find?

Psalm 145:14 The Lord upholdeth all that fall, and raiseth up all those that be bowed down.

Psalm 146:8 The Lord openeth the eyes of the blind: the Lord raiseth them that are bowed down: the Lord loveth the righteous:

Psalm 49:18-20 Though while he lived he blessed his soul: and men will praise thee, when thou doest well to thyself. He shall go to the generation of his fathers; they shall never see light. Man that is in honour, and understandeth not, is like the beasts that perish.

1 Samuel 2:3-8 Talk no more so exceeding proudly; let not arrogancy come out of your mouth: for the Lord is a God of knowledge, and by him actions are weighed. The bows of the mighty men are broken, and they that stumbled are girded with strength. They that were full have hired out themselves for bread; and they that were hungry ceased: so that the barren hath born seven; and she that hath many children is waxed feeble. The Lord killeth, and maketh alive: he bringeth down to the grave, and bringeth up. The Lord maketh poor, and maketh rich: he bringeth low, and lifteth up. He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth up the beggar from the dunghill, to set them among princes, and to make them inherit the throne of glory: for the pillars of the earth are the Lord's, and he hath set the world upon them.

Psalm 123:4 Our soul is exceedingly filled with the scorning of those that are at ease, and with the contempt of the proud.

Psalm 138:6 Though the Lord be high, yet hath he respect unto the lowly: but the proud he knoweth afar off.

Matthew 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

Not trying to be wise- guy, but I am not sure if I get your point.....how does one get saved ,according to your rendering of the Bible....

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  860
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

Regarding being saved and only needing to believe, not all men have faith, Jesus told those directly why they do not believe. Because they are not His sheep. They did not understand His particular rendering of the Gospel, because they could not hear His word, because they were of their father the devil. He abodes not in the truth, because he is the father of lies. Because the truth was told, they do not believe. Actually because the very truth is told, is why they do not believe, instead of the key being believing, the key here is, they cannot believe. They of God hear Gods words, they hear them not, because they are not of God..

2 Thessalonians 3:2 And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: for all men have not faith.

John 10:26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

John 8:43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.46 Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

Judas had no belief, had no choice but to believe the devil, he was ordained for that, the same as others are ordained for evil also:

Acts 1:25 That he may take part of this ministry and apostleship, from which Judas by transgression fell, that he might go to his own place.

Jude 1:4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, WHO WERE BEFORE OF OLD ORDAINED TO THIS CONDEMNATION, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

God will do as He chooses, for He says so. Nobody will claim that God is limited, He is not, nothing is impossible with God. It is only of God that shows mercy, not your own willing or running ever. Pharoah is another example of being raised up just to fall...

Romans 9:15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.

There is a book of life, everybody lives. The names will be blotted out. If we bless ourselves in our own hearts, thinking we can do what imaginations we want, then all the curses in the book come onto us, and our name will be blotted out from under heaven. Only those who overcome shall be clothed in white raiment, as they need their name to be confessed to the Father by the Son. Everybody who instead confesses their own name overcomes nothing that Jesus Christ overcame...

Psalm 109:13 Let his posterity be cut off; and in the generation following let their name be blotted out.

Deuteronomy 29:19 And it come to pass, when he heareth the words of this curse, that he bless himself in his heart, saying, I shall have peace, though I walk in the imagination of mine heart, to add drunkenness to thirst:
20 The Lord will not spare him, but then the anger of the Lord and his jealousy shall smoke against that man, and all the curses that are written in this book shall lie upon him, and the Lord shall blot out his name from under heaven.

Revelation 3:5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

Revelation 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

Christ had to overcome the world, we see all He had to go through and endure to achieve that, anyone who thinks they are saved by not overcoming the world in the same way, just does not believe the message as told but think they have inherited all things already which was not told, thy are counselled to stop considering not hot to be acceptable Revelation 3:18:

John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Revelation 21:7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

God does not turn away from anyone asking for forgivness. But they need to ask in faith. This is the faith of Christ..

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

1 Corinthians 4:7 For who maketh thee to differ from another? and what hast thou that thou didst not receive? now if thou didst receive it, why dost thou glory, as if thou hadst not received it?

James 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.
8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

Speaking of saved, those who endure to the end, the same shall be saved:

Matthew 11:6 And blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me.

Matthew 24:10-13 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

1 Peter 2:8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: WHEREUNTO ALSO THEY WERE APPOINTED.

• 1 year later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 4/3/2019 at 9:03 PM, plavious said:

It says when we don't forgive God wont forgive us. When we don't show mercy to others God will not show it to us. Its understandable because we are made in Gods image and when we sin against other we are sinning against God. The way people treat each other, can be in some circumstances be how we treat God, but there are lots of exceptions.