• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  5

On 7/30/2019 at 7:40 PM, douggg said:

Isaiah 10:32 is not talking about the little horn person, but Sennacherib the Assyrian, who instead of attacking Jerusalem that day,  pauses overnight at Nob with intent to attack Jerusalem the next day.       During the night the angel of the Lord struck down 185,000 in the camp of the Assyrians.  

So Sennacherib broke camp and left, returning back to Nineveh.   2Kings19:32-37.   

Hi douggg

You need to read again.  Isaiah 10 is speaking about the Assyrian, ....not the Assyrian that was a man, but addressing the other one he calls the Assyrian - Satan.  Satan founded Assyria also, it was one of his earlier kingdoms. This chapter is also leading up of the day of the Lord.

Isaiah 10:12   Wherefore it shall come to pass, that when the Lord hath performed his whole work upon mount Zion and on Jerusalem, I will punish the fruit of the stout heart of the king of Assyria, and the glory of his high looks.

Isaiah 10:13   For he saith, By the strength of my hand I have done it, and by my wisdom; for I am prudent: and I have removed the bounds of the people, and have robbed their treasures, and I have put down the inhabitants like a valiant man:

Isaiah 10:14   And my hand hath found as a nest the riches of the people: and as one gathereth eggs that are left, have I gathered all the earth; and there was none that moved the wing, or opened the mouth, or peeped.

Isaiah 52:4   For thus saith the Lord GOD, My people went down aforetime into Egypt to sojourn there; and the Assyrian oppressed them without cause.

Micah 5:5   And this man shall be the peace, when the Assyrian shall come into our land: and when he shall tread in our palaces, then shall we raise against him seven shepherds, and eight principal men.

Now, Satan always works through man.  He will work through the FP when he comes.  The FP does his bidding.  Satan also has a large host.  All his "fat" ones will fall -the high ones.  His main "fat one" the FP will go first, then all his armies, and finally his whole kingdom.  His whole forest will be gone and his fruitful field of evil.

Isaiah 10:16   Therefore shall the Lord, the Lord of hosts, send among his fat ones leanness; and under his glory he shall kindle a burning like the burning of a fire.

Isaiah 10:17   And the light of Israel shall be for a fire, and his Holy One for a flame: and it shall burn and devour his thorns and his briers in one day;

Isaiah 10:18   And shall consume the glory of his forest, and of his fruitful field, both soul and body: and they shall be as when a standardbearer fainteth.

Isaiah 10:19   And the rest of the trees of his forest shall be few, that a child may write them.

Isaiah 10:20   And it shall come to pass in that day, that the remnant of Israel, and such as are escaped of the house of Jacob, shall no more again stay upon him that smote them; but shall stay upon the LORD, the Holy One of Israel, in truth.

Isaiah 10:24   Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD of hosts, O my people that dwellest in Zion, be not afraid of the Assyrian: he shall smite thee with a rod, and shall lift up his staff against thee, after the manner of Egypt.

Isaiah 10:27   And it shall come to pass in that day, that his burden shall be taken away from off thy shoulder, and his yoke from off thy neck, and the yoke shall be destroyed because of the anointing.

Isaiah 10:28   He is come to Aiath, he is passed to Migron; at Michmash he hath laid up his carriages:

Isaiah 10:29   They are gone over the passage: they have taken up their lodging at Geba; Ramah is afraid; Gibeah of Saul is fled.

Isaiah 10:30   Lift up thy voice, O daughter of Gallim: cause it to be heard unto Laish, O poor Anathoth.

Isaiah 10:31   Madmenah is removed; the inhabitants of Gebim gather themselves to flee.

Isaiah 10:32   As yet shall he remain at Nob that day: he shall shake his hand against the mount of the daughter of Zion, the hill of Jerusalem.

He will remain at Nob "that day" - the day that Christ returns.  The Assyrian is where the FP will be hiding, his Son of Perdition, and where he will come to his death, whilst his armies are gathering to war the Lamb when his feet touch the Mt of Olives.

Edited by Sister
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  2,204
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  4,329
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/11/1947

2 hours ago, Sister said:

Hi douggg

You need to read again.  Isaiah 10 is speaking about the Assyrian, ....not the Assyrian that was a man, but addressing the other one he calls the Assyrian - Satan.  Satan founded Assyria also, it was one of his earlier kingdoms. This chapter is also leading up of the day of the Lord.

Isaiah 10:12   Wherefore it shall come to pass, that when the Lord hath performed his whole work upon mount Zion and on Jerusalem, I will punish the fruit of the stout heart of the king of Assyria, and the glory of his high looks.

Isaiah 10:13   For he saith, By the strength of my hand I have done it, and by my wisdom; for I am prudent: and I have removed the bounds of the people, and have robbed their treasures, and I have put down the inhabitants like a valiant man:

Isaiah 10:14   And my hand hath found as a nest the riches of the people: and as one gathereth eggs that are left, have I gathered all the earth; and there was none that moved the wing, or opened the mouth, or peeped.

Isaiah 52:4   For thus saith the Lord GOD, My people went down aforetime into Egypt to sojourn there; and the Assyrian oppressed them without cause.

Micah 5:5   And this man shall be the peace, when the Assyrian shall come into our land: and when he shall tread in our palaces, then shall we raise against him seven shepherds, and eight principal men.

Now, Satan always works through man.  He will work through the FP when he comes.  The FP does his bidding.  Satan also has a large host.  All his "fat" ones will fall -the high ones.  His main "fat one" the FP will go first, then all his armies, and finally his whole kingdom.  His whole forest will be gone and his fruitful field of evil.

Isaiah 10:16   Therefore shall the Lord, the Lord of hosts, send among his fat ones leanness; and under his glory he shall kindle a burning like the burning of a fire.

Isaiah 10:17   And the light of Israel shall be for a fire, and his Holy One for a flame: and it shall burn and devour his thorns and his briers in one day;

Isaiah 10:18   And shall consume the glory of his forest, and of his fruitful field, both soul and body: and they shall be as when a standardbearer fainteth.

Isaiah 10:19   And the rest of the trees of his forest shall be few, that a child may write them.

Isaiah 10:20   And it shall come to pass in that day, that the remnant of Israel, and such as are escaped of the house of Jacob, shall no more again stay upon him that smote them; but shall stay upon the LORD, the Holy One of Israel, in truth.

Isaiah 10:24   Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD of hosts, O my people that dwellest in Zion, be not afraid of the Assyrian: he shall smite thee with a rod, and shall lift up his staff against thee, after the manner of Egypt.

Isaiah 10:27   And it shall come to pass in that day, that his burden shall be taken away from off thy shoulder, and his yoke from off thy neck, and the yoke shall be destroyed because of the anointing.

Isaiah 10:28   He is come to Aiath, he is passed to Migron; at Michmash he hath laid up his carriages:

Isaiah 10:29   They are gone over the passage: they have taken up their lodging at Geba; Ramah is afraid; Gibeah of Saul is fled.

Isaiah 10:30   Lift up thy voice, O daughter of Gallim: cause it to be heard unto Laish, O poor Anathoth.

Isaiah 10:31   Madmenah is removed; the inhabitants of Gebim gather themselves to flee.

Isaiah 10:32   As yet shall he remain at Nob that day: he shall shake his hand against the mount of the daughter of Zion, the hill of Jerusalem.

He will remain at Nob "that day" - the day that Christ returns.  The Assyrian is where the FP will be hiding, his Son of Perdition, and where he will come to his death, whilst his armies are gathering to war the Lamb when his feet touch the Mt of Olives.

Interesting point.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,191
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/10/1947

On 7/30/2019 at 10:34 AM, dhchristian said:

Wrong, it clearly speaks of men. You sound like you are fresh out of university, so let me speak your language. You familiar with Peter L. Berger? Sounds like you are... Are you familiar with his dialectic? The individual creates society, and in turn society produces the individual through means of socialization. So for example John Calvin got an idea of how to interpret scripture, soon a group of people followed him and formed the Calvinist churches, Which in turn create Calvinists who are brought up in those churches. So you have a man creating a social structure, which eventually becomes a state religion and indoctrinates younger generations there in. As wrong or right as the teachings of Calvin were, they took on a life of their own and were deemed to be true to successive generations of Calvinists. The Beast and the false prophet are no different. All society is founded on the teachings and interpretations of man good or Bad. Societal sin is rooted in the individual as we are all born in sin. The pointing of Blame on propaganda is  akin to not acknowledging our own sinful state and being susceptible to that propaganda and not having the heart that desires to know the Truth. Transferring blame from the individual to the society is to disavow the dialectic that created that society.

What we see in this beast system today is a desire to blind the people from seeing their true Power in the creation of society, By pitting one society against another. Goebbels did so by painting the superiority of the German race with that of the lesser races, and causing all those who dissented to be deemed lesser races. Today people come out of Universities knowing only to claim their victim status and by doing so are incapable of seeing the sin within them that has caused this. The Churches of Today no longer convict of sin and preach repentance, but rather feed this mindset by offering a feel good safe space for these victims to come to "In the eye of the storm". The Problem is, there is still a storm around you. You are still a PART of that storm as it wreaks Havoc across the World. You are still part of this sinful system, and not a part of the Kingdom of God which is not of this world. 

Do You understand what I am saying? The beast is a man, and the antichrist has always been man. For all sin, both societal and individual is born out of the sinful heart of man. We all are antichrist, unless God intervenes. We all are a part of this beast system unless God removes us from that system. We all are guilty, and condemned already unless we repent and are Born of the Spirit. There is no safe space in the heart of the storm, Because the calm at the center is what sustains that storm. We are in the World, but not of the world. We are meant to be those winds that shear the storm and weaken it,not part of the calm in the middle that empowers it. We need to be in the brutal parts of the storm giving our testimony, so as to weaken this storm from consuming all.

Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division: (Luke 12:51)

Though I agree with this as a whole it undercuts the true purpose of Prophecy. The true purpose of prophecy is to glorify God, showing the end from the beginning. Prophecy makes us realize how much greater God is, and how awfully puny we are. We deserve no place in God's plan of redemption, but by his Love and grace he has granted us a place, if we remain rooted in the vine that is Christ Jesus. God is a Just God too, and his holiness demands this. Repentance is the key that separates the religious from the saved, Just like the Prayer of the Publican separated and justified him over the prayer of the Pharisee (Luke 18:9ff). I am afraid we in this Laodicean church age have gotten it all backwards. We are seeking shelter and escape, rather than sharing in his suffering that we may share in his Glory. 

God Bless

On 7/30/2019 at 10:34 AM, dhchristian said:

My post was intended to give the reader a focal point for examining Holy Scripture, not to provide a framework or bullet points for social development.  

Your post attempts to compromise the discussion by obfuscating the issue with social commentary. 

Accurate interpretation of the Bible uses the Bible to interpret its own statements.  It's the only way to arrive at detailed correct understanding of Holy Writ.

As such, beasts represent systems and/or nations rather than individuals except where explicitly indicated.  The book of Daniel is a good example of this method.  It begins with Nebuchadnezzars' dream statue of mixed metals followed by an explanation that the head is the king himself.   From that point the chapters of Daniel switch to animal images, so as to repeat the same prophetic story.   The animal images all represent systems or empires as they do in Revelation.  Later in Daniel's narrative specific mention is made of individuals all of which refer back to the animal figures and back further to the statue.   Its all interconnected.  Introducing the interpretations of some outside individual or one's own dreams or suppositions detracts from effective interpretation of the Bible.   It serves to glorify the individual who pretends to make himself or herself important in the eyes of others. 

Antichrist is not always a man.   Spirit of antichrist is mentioned in 1 John 4 as well as 1 John chapters 1 & 2.  The Spirit of antichrist is interpreted there as an influence or spirit that affects trends among people and nations.  Paul describes him as a man while Revelation goes back to the beast/system interpretation again.   It is very important to take care to inspect Biblical references carefully and not to rely upon slogans or external references or preconceptions to obtain interpretation.

Prophecy in the minds of many refers to predictions only.  According to the Bible, prophecy is a message from God given through an individual.  It has a number of purposes, which is generally edification of believers.  With regard to predictions of the future it is given so as to allow us to know where we are along the path from the past to the future.   Predictions of the future are not meant for personal glorification or profit - as in TV preachers who pretend to know something the audience doesn't.  According to buzz words popular today, prophecy only refers to prediction not preaching.  The Biblical standard is that prophecy is preaching - with occasional forays into the future usually suggestive of the consequence of sin.

Repentance is the beginning of redemption for the individual, a first step toward justification as it were.  Christ died for sinners, not nations (with the exception of Israel of course).

Finally your post betrays your addiction to slogans and religious buzz words.   One cannot interpret Biblical passages by using slogans and buzz words.  It results in error almost every time.

For example, we are far down the road from the Laodicean church at this present time.   That church form existed in the 1950's and 1960's prior to the last great national revival.  Many calls went out to churches at that time, but none responded.  Since then the status of the church has circled the drain of history and become worse.   Today the church is deep in the embrace of apostasy.  

Slogans and informal interpretations suggest there are only seven steps to church devolution - the Laodicean church being the last.  It's best known by its description in Revelation 3 as being lukewarm.  The church today has passed way beyond being lukewarm.   Today its dead - room temperature.   For several major denominations the Holy Spirit has departed completely.   Their candles, like the ones in Revelation, have been put out.  They are Ichabod (1 Samuel 4:21). 

Our conversation has now wandered all over the map and resolved nothing.  

I'm sure you'll continue to refuse to acknowledge proper methodology for interpreting the Bible (that is to use the Bible to interpret itself).  You'll continue to blame society for the sins of man instead of putting such wickedness squarely where it belongs - upon the hearts and minds of individual men and women.   You've almost arrived at an understanding of prophecy if only you can cleanse yourself of dependence upon slogans and buzz words for reference instead of the Bible.

Positive proof of my assertions will be realized in the months and years ahead of us.  Preconceived notions of who and what the major players are at the end of the age will continue to change - simply because the Bible hasn't been used to interpret itself.  As such the unfolding course of future events will catch many by surprise.   If the Man of Sin does in fact appear, he or she will be welcomed by almost everyone and almost every church (if any still remain in operation).  The church is really THAT corrupt - it won't recognize the epitome of sin when it stands in front of them because it won't match preconceived notions, slogans and buzz words.  They will have long since abandoned the Bible as a roadmap and a standard.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Edited by choir loft

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.43

15 minutes ago, choir loft said:

My post was intended to give the reader a focal point for examining Holy Scripture, not to provide a framework or bullet points for social development.  

Your post attempts to compromise the discussion by obfuscating the issue with social commentary. 

Accurate interpretation of the Bible uses the Bible to interpret its own statements.  It's the only way to arrive at detailed correct understanding of Holy Writ.

As such, beasts represent systems and/or nations rather than individuals except where explicitly indicated.  The book of Daniel is a good example of this method.  It begins with Nebuchadnezzars' dream statue of mixed metals followed by an explanation that the head is the king himself.   From that point the chapters of Daniel switch to animal images, so as to repeat the same prophetic story.   The animal images all represent systems or empires as they do in Revelation.  Later in Daniel's narrative specific mention is made of individuals all of which refer back to the animal figures and back further to the statue.   Its all interconnected.  Introducing the interpretations of some outside individual or one's own dreams or suppositions detracts from effective interpretation of the Bible.   It serves to glorify the individual who pretends to make himself or herself important in the eyes of others. 

Antichrist is not always a man.   Spirit of antichrist is mentioned in 1 John 4 as well as 1 John chapters 1 & 2.  The Spirit of antichrist is interpreted there as an influence or spirit that affects trends among people and nations.  Paul describes him as a man while Revelation goes back to the beast/system interpretation again.   It is very important to take care to inspect Biblical references carefully and not to rely upon slogans or external references or preconceptions to obtain interpretation.

Prophecy in the minds of many refers to predictions only.  According to the Bible, prophecy is a message from God given through an individual.  It has a number of purposes, which is generally edification of believers.  With regard to predictions of the future it is given so as to allow us to know where we are along the path from the past to the future.   Predictions of the future are not meant for personal glorification or profit - as in TV preachers who pretend to know something the audience doesn't.  According to buzz words popular today, prophecy only refers to prediction not preaching.  The Biblical standard is that prophecy is preaching - with occasional forays into the future usually suggestive of the consequence of sin.

Repentance is the beginning of redemption for the individual, a first step toward justification as it were.  Christ died for sinners, not nations (with the exception of Israel of course).

Finally your post betrays your addiction to slogans and religious buzz words.   One cannot interpret Biblical passages by using slogans and buzz words.  It results in error almost every time.

For example, we are far down the road from the Laodicean church at this present time.   That church form existed in the 1950's and 1960's prior to the last great national revival.  Many calls went out to churches at that time, but none responded.  Since then the status of the church has circled the drain of history and become worse.   Today the church is deep in the embrace of apostasy.  

Slogans and informal interpretations suggest there are only seven steps to church devolution - the Laodicean church being the last.  It's best known by its description in Revelation 3 as being lukewarm.  The church today has passed way beyond being lukewarm.   Today its dead - room temperature.   For several major denominations the Holy Spirit has departed completely.   Their candles, like the ones in Revelation, have been put out.  They are Ichabod (1 Samuel 4:21).

For someone who uses big words, you certainly do not read very well, I Mean you totally did not grasp what I wrote.

On 8/1/2019 at 11:44 PM, dhchristian said:

For someone who uses big words, you certainly do not read very well, I Mean you totally did not grasp what I wrote.

I know exactly what you were writing.

Again.....the Bible is best interpreted by using its own words to examine its intent, or context.   Use the Bible to interpret the Bible.

Your post exhibited a lot of external references, which might be useful in a Sunday sermon when everybody is too sleepy to bother to understand anyway.

Your post suggests you are chained to too many buzz words and slogans and not familiar with scholarly methods of examining scripture.   I suggest studying the Bible without employing those deceptive (*)  measures to define what it says.

Since you have trouble with big words, please tell me in simple words why its wrong to use the Bible to understand the Bible.  

If you don't learn this simple idea you will never find truth in its pages.

(*) deceptive = to cause someone to accept a lie as truth

Edited by choir loft

On 8/3/2019 at 9:54 PM, Oseas Ramos de Siqueira said:

Do not forget the warnings of JESUS.

Revelation 22:v.18-19 &14-15

18 I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

You're shooting blanks, buddy.   

What is the meaning of your quote and its highlights?  What is the purpose of your post and to whom is it addressed?

Do you support the use of the Bible to interpret the Bible or are you supporting another method?    While you're quotation is well known, your inference here is not.

Please explain.

thank you

1 hour ago, choir loft said:

I know exactly what you were writing.

Again.....the Bible is best interpreted by using its own words to examine its intent, or context.   Use the Bible to interpret the Bible.

Your post exhibited a lot of external references, which might be useful in a Sunday sermon when everybody is too sleepy to bother to understand anyway.

Your post suggests you are chained to too many buzz words and slogans and not familiar with scholarly methods of examining scripture.   I suggest studying the Bible without employing those deceptive (*)  measures to define what it says.

Since you have trouble with big words, please tell me in simple words why its wrong to use the Bible to understand the Bible.  

If you don't learn this simple idea you will never find truth in its pages.

oh My goodness, you are such a typical college kid. You totally missed the Point of what I wrote, I was writing to you in your college lingo so that you can understand and you totally misunderstood. 

If you go back to my early posts here with IAMLAMAD you will see that I use scripture to interpret scripture all the time, but this time I was using your intellectual elitist SJW language to speak to you about said topic hence the social commentary... Apparently you have no ability to grasp basic English.

In your comment that I initially responded to, You mention only one scripture, not even quoting it directly. I copied one paragraph from this, where I felt you were mistaken here is the paragraph...

"The question above concerning the two witnesses takes a humanistic point of view and misinterprets scripture.   The beast that defeats the two witnesses is a governmental system, not a man and not a demonic figure.   The beastly governmental system arises out of the pit.  It is not indicative of Godzilla or a winged gargoyle."

I responded then by giving you a scripture, (rev. 16:13) and why I disagreed with your assessment, concluding with the following remark

"If you interpret scripture from literalist perspective, or if you interpret from a rationalistic and allegorical perspective, you are likely to err either way. The Truth is some passages are allegorical, some are meant to be literal, and if the Holy Ghost is not guiding you, The Spirit of Truth, you will likely fall into error. I have seen many on both sides fall into error. "

This was me using scripture to interpret scripture...

Apparently you did not like this? Your long winded response had you quoting everything from Joeseph Goebbels to Muslim eschatology without addressing the point I made that the beast the FP and the Dragon are men possessed by devils which is clearly obvious in the scripture I posted. In that response you quoted only one verse off topic from Luke, the rest of what you wrote was all ramblings of an SJW.

I Then responded to you using that same college language and diatribe you used to prove you were wrong in the said point and you did not respond correctly to my point. TRYING TO SPEAK YOUR LANGUAGE. I even agreed with you on your point on prophecy and added to that point that the main point of prophecy is to glorify God. (Scripture tells us this)

Apparently this then flustered you, because you then accused me of "obfuscating the issue with social commentary", which is what you have been doing here all along with your SJW language, which I tried to speak to you in. Then you proceed to tell me to use scripture to interpret scripture, which you have NOT done here in any of your comments instead you have used your SJW talking points.

Then you accuse me of using "slogans and religious buzzwords", which is me trying to SPEAK YOUR LANGUAGE. 

Conclusion: When I started to talk like you do in your comments, as a means to communicate to you in the language you were using yourself, you criticized me, when you should have turned that criticism around on yourself who initially was speaking in this way. So the whole point of me writing in your language went right over your head, and you in turn by criticizing me were criticizing yourself. And Now you respond with I Know exactly what you were writing? No you have no clue what I wrote. I Just exposed your intellectual elitism within your own comments and tone of voice. I exposed the arrogance and contempt with which you speak to others here and think that because you use high brow arguments you are right. This being the mindset most kids coming out of college have regarding those who do not have degrees to look down upon the rest from.

So, what is my suggestion to you? Stop being so condescending of people's responses to you I made a valid point in my initial response to you, one that you have yet to answer properly using scripture to interpret scripture. Demonic spirits can only inhabit men and living beings, not systems... Yes systems can be built on the demonic teachings of those men, But ultimately demonic spirits can only possess the men that rule the system. Until you understand this, and stand corrected, You will just be another SJW yelling in the choir loft that No one listens to.

• 2 weeks later...

On 8/7/2019 at 4:23 PM, Oseas Ramos de Siqueira said:

What is the meaning of my quote and its highlights?  What is the purpose of my post and to whom is it addressed?

The meaning is the same of the Lord JESUS Christ, the message that was quoted is of Him.  The purpose is the same of the Lord, and it is addressed to whom that has ears to hear.  He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the Churches. Rev. 3:v.6

Isaiah 55:v.10-11

10 For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater:

11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Your are quoting verses that support divine authority.   Are you assuming that same authority for yourself or for someone else?   If so, what point are you trying to make with your reference to authority?   I agree with the tone of the verses, but I have no idea what you mean them to represent.

On 8/7/2019 at 10:27 AM, dhchristian said:

oh My goodness, you are such a typical college kid. You totally missed the Point of what I wrote, I was writing to you in your college lingo so that you can understand and you totally misunderstood. 

If you go back to my early posts here with IAMLAMAD you will see that I use scripture to interpret scripture all the time, but this time I was using your intellectual elitist SJW language to speak to you about said topic hence the social commentary... Apparently you have no ability to grasp basic English.

In your comment that I initially responded to, You mention only one scripture, not even quoting it directly. I copied one paragraph from this, where I felt you were mistaken here is the paragraph...

"The question above concerning the two witnesses takes a humanistic point of view and misinterprets scripture.   The beast that defeats the two witnesses is a governmental system, not a man and not a demonic figure.   The beastly governmental system arises out of the pit.  It is not indicative of Godzilla or a winged gargoyle."

I responded then by giving you a scripture, (rev. 16:13) and why I disagreed with your assessment, concluding with the following remark

"If you interpret scripture from literalist perspective, or if you interpret from a rationalistic and allegorical perspective, you are likely to err either way. The Truth is some passages are allegorical, some are meant to be literal, and if the Holy Ghost is not guiding you, The Spirit of Truth, you will likely fall into error. I have seen many on both sides fall into error. "

This was me using scripture to interpret scripture...

Apparently you did not like this? Your long winded response had you quoting everything from Joeseph Goebbels to Muslim eschatology without addressing the point I made that the beast the FP and the Dragon are men possessed by devils which is clearly obvious in the scripture I posted. In that response you quoted only one verse off topic from Luke, the rest of what you wrote was all ramblings of an SJW.

I Then responded to you using that same college language and diatribe you used to prove you were wrong in the said point and you did not respond correctly to my point. TRYING TO SPEAK YOUR LANGUAGE. I even agreed with you on your point on prophecy and added to that point that the main point of prophecy is to glorify God. (Scripture tells us this)

Apparently this then flustered you, because you then accused me of "obfuscating the issue with social commentary", which is what you have been doing here all along with your SJW language, which I tried to speak to you in. Then you proceed to tell me to use scripture to interpret scripture, which you have NOT done here in any of your comments instead you have used your SJW talking points.

Then you accuse me of using "slogans and religious buzzwords", which is me trying to SPEAK YOUR LANGUAGE. 

Conclusion: When I started to talk like you do in your comments, as a means to communicate to you in the language you were using yourself, you criticized me, when you should have turned that criticism around on yourself who initially was speaking in this way. So the whole point of me writing in your language went right over your head, and you in turn by criticizing me were criticizing yourself. And Now you respond with I Know exactly what you were writing? No you have no clue what I wrote. I Just exposed your intellectual elitism within your own comments and tone of voice. I exposed the arrogance and contempt with which you speak to others here and think that because you use high brow arguments you are right. This being the mindset most kids coming out of college have regarding those who do not have degrees to look down upon the rest from.

So, what is my suggestion to you? Stop being so condescending of people's responses to you I made a valid point in my initial response to you, one that you have yet to answer properly using scripture to interpret scripture. Demonic spirits can only inhabit men and living beings, not systems... Yes systems can be built on the demonic teachings of those men, But ultimately demonic spirits can only possess the men that rule the system. Until you understand this, and stand corrected, You will just be another SJW yelling in the choir loft that No one listens to.

At every point you refuse to accept the assertion made that when the Bible uses figures of beasts, it is referring to systems; government systems, religious systems or social trends.   

Your rebuttal wanders all over the playing field, seldom if ever acknowledging my initial assertion of Biblical representation of systems as beasts unless otherwise deliberately so stated.  

Your personal hubris does not make you a scholar and your position on this forum does not automatically make you right or give you authority to abuse the character of another person, which you've constantly done with regard to my posts.  

Have I said you write like an uniformed religious bigot?  I haven't.  

Have I written anything regarding your lack of formal education and inept method of transmitting ideas or your inability to understand those written by others?  I have not.  

Have I accused you of promoting befuddled opinions or accused you of demonic inspiration?  I have not.  

Yet you have constantly and continually berated both my words and my character - a tone indicative of someone who's lost the argument in the first place and has no idea how to respond in a logical.   Since when is it wrong to aspire to intellectual goals?   Those who have a problem with truth or the search for it seem to have a problem.   I'm not saying you are one of those people, but your own words seem to point in that direction.

Since the issue cannot be resolved by means of appeals to Biblical scholasticism, you seek to shut down the whole thing after you exercise your dictatorial right to demean a participant and denigrate his words, however pointed and simple they may be.   I never said you should get off your high horse and act like someone who cares more about truth.   I never accused you of stupidity or suggested you come from the low end of the intellectual grading system, yet you have accused me of that very thing.   I doubt I'd get any satisfaction from moderators here since they seem to enjoy and support that sort of fiery character assassination.   

My point again, since you seem to suffer from some sort of cognitive dysfunction, is that Biblical references to beasts always refer to systems unless otherwise directly indicated.   It's just that simple.  The problem is that common use of buzz words and religious slogans have deliberately obfuscated the intent of scripture.   The author of confusion, according to the Bible, is the devil and those who promote confusion are its disciples.   I prefer a more accurate interpretation of the Bible.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft....

Edited by choir loft

5 hours ago, choir loft said:

My point again, since you seem to suffer from some sort of cognitive dysfunction, is that Biblical references to beasts always refer to systems unless otherwise directly indicated.   It's just that simple.  The problem is that common use of buzz words and religious slogans have deliberately obfuscated the intent of scripture.   The author of confusion, according to the Bible, is the devil and those who promote confusion are its disciples.   I prefer a more accurate interpretation of the Bible.

And my point is that demonic Spirits require a live host, and that is proven in Rev 16:13-14, As well as throughout scripture,  that the beast, the false prophet and the dragon are men possessed, Yes they have a kingdom element to them, Beasts are Kingdoms, But these three are individuals as well.