IGNORED

What can be done?

If...a person is married to someone who is not a believer? Human love took over and you find yourself yoked by the power of it to one who will not accept Jesus as Saviour. You yourself are on fire for Jesus! You want to be with fellow believers, get involved with bringing souls to Jesus. Keep developing as a Christian. The Bible and prayer are your food and drink.

Yes you have a happy great marriage, he's kind and wonderful and you are crazy about him. But, he will not come to church. You cannot go together to christian events, discuss the Bible and worship together. You look at christian couples and envy them their togetherness. 

Do you just keep praying, hoping one day he shall realise who Jesus is? Splitting up is not an option. To hurt and destroy him is not right. A good marriage and real love is a precious thing.  He is the only man for you. You cannot and must not force a person to be a believer. It must come in their own time or it cannot be real. 

Any advice gratefully received. Your prayers please. I so want miracles to happen. For us to stand before Jesus together in absolute awed worship and face life on that amazing basis. 

Edited by Melinda12

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi,

Straight to it, no dodging, no intro other than this sentence.

Yes one prays, gives thanks to God and assumes the answer at God's good timing and pleasure, for God answers the prayers of his own.

One stops being envious of what is presumed about other couples. It is a sin to be envious! Plus that which is considered to be so about another couple may not be all that one thinks it is, for Christian couples have serious problems! They don't always love one another. They don't necessarily even agree upon which local body of Christ is best for them. They may have children that  refuse to seek Christ as well. Every possible problem in a marriage may be found in Christian couples.

As to being on fire to save individuals, technically and importantly  no one saves individuals. God does that. What individuals do  is share of the gospel of Jesus as instructed and as led to do by God, and as enlightened in the doing of that by God the Holy Spirit.

For example; Going out every Tuesday night banging on doors of those that filled out a visitation sheet to a church does not make one a soul saver. It may make one a dedicated door knocker, but they  don't save anyone at all. For no one saves another, except that the Holy Spirit uses them to give testimony of Christ Jesus and the Spirit calls specifically to the unsaved individual. That call  by the Holy Spirit can be made with  or without any Tuesday night door knocker doing their thing for Jesus. None the less doing what  one is led to do by the Holy Spirt is proper. Door knocking can be a very good thing as a follow up, it can led to conversation that does lead to a person or persons also hearing the specific call to them from the Holy Spirit and they may  indeed repent of their own sin against God and turn to Jesus as Lord. But that is to God's praise and glory alone, all things that are to be done are to be done to His Glory.

Some may want to be an elder or a deacon or a pastor or a deaconess, but not all are qualified nor anointed to do so. Each person might ask in prayer - Father what is it You want?  What are You on fire about regarding me, is it what I want, but seem blocked from doing? Am I not surrendering myself, am I trying to direct Your will instead of following it? Father please hear my plea that I may be content with my plight and still do your will.

Praise God for all things, all! For all things work together for good for those that do believe on Jesus as Lord God and personal savior.

As to the thread title "What can be done? I can join in with others to pray for your husband's salvation, I can pray for you to be enabled to do what you feel on fire to do I can pray that the Holy Spirit will guide you in how to best do what you feel passionate about  regarding our savior Jesus. And I will and I do  even now. May many also pray for your needs and desires to serve our Lord Jesus. Amen

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Tzephanyahu said:

Shalom Melinda,

My advice to this is yes.  I was in the same situation and I thought my wife might never believe. 

She had so much love and goodness in her heart that I hadn't witnessed from some believers!  I prayed and prayed each an every day for her to be encouraged to read the Word and for the Spirit to speak to her.  Eventually,  she became a believer, all praise to Yahweh, and I had the pleasure of baptising her!

Now, it may be that she was already predestined to become a believer. But I may have been predestined to pray about it beforehand as well, for His glory. Therefore, pray for it daily.  Your prayers may make all the difference in terms of timescales. 

Another thing. I asked for a sign whether or not she would become a believer, when I started to become weary of wondering in my heart.  I believe the Father did give me a clear indication that it WOULD happen.  From that moment, I continued to pray but I had a peace and confidence in my heart it would happen - even though it was a 2 years later.  Although, I resolved not to tell her about this sign BEFORE she became a believer, lest that add pressure to her decision.  So if you do this, I would advise to keep it to yourself.

Practically speaking, I didn't push her.  I talked about the Bible only occasionally. I shared hard proof for the Bible's claims in documentaries that I would watch.  I encouraged her to read the Word, with a reading plan I designed for her to just give her the whole story - start to finish, so that she could appreciate the Jesus in light of the history before Him.  But beyond that, I did not push or ask "if" or "when" she is going to become a believer.  I simply done my thing and it was up to her as to whether she wanted to join or not.  I think that helped a lot as people don't often liked to be preached to.

This was my experience, and I don't know if any of the above will help. I suppose it's all summarised as this:  Pray daily, share occasionally, be an example (as best you can), and encourage him to read the Bible at least for it's historical value (as no other book has changed the world like the Word).  If you need any advice on resources, let me know.

If you love him so much and think he is wonderful, then I personally believe with you that it will happen, and that one day he will join the Kingdom.  Above all, be strong in your faith as your pray that it will happen.  It might not be tomorrow, it might not be next year. But stay firm to your prayer and faith.

May Yahweh answer your prayers swiftly, in the name of Jesus!  

Love & Shalom

Thankyou. That helps immensely. 

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

If...a person is married to someone who is not a believer? Human love took over and you find yourself yoked by the power of it to one who will not accept Jesus as Saviour. You yourself are on fire for Jesus! You want to be with fellow believers, get involved with bringing souls to Jesus. Keep developing as a Christian. The Bible and prayer are your food and drink.

1 Peter 3:1-6 - Likewise, ye wives, [be] in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives; 
(conversation-
One's conduct; manner of walk. “Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ... )

1 Corinthians 7:14 - For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.

1 Corinthians 7:13 - And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him.

Proverbs 15:1 - A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.

Ephesians 5:22 - Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.

1 Corinthians 11:3 - But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman [is] the man; and the head of Christ [is] God.

Titus 2:5 - [To be] discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.

Ephesians 5:21 - Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.

Proverbs 31:10-31 - Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price [is] far above rubies.  

Proverbs 18:21 - Death and life [are] in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.

• This is Worthy 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  0

I agree with everything said here,  I think yes you should keep praying for your husband & don't force him to go to church,  if he allows you to go I would go,

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,272
  • Content Per Day:  1.73
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

But, he will not come to church.

Do you just keep praying, hoping one day he shall realise who Jesus is? . You cannot and must not force a person to be a believer. It must come in their own time or it cannot be real.

Any advice gratefully received. Your prayers please. I so want miracles to happen. For us to stand before Jesus together in absolute awed worship and face life on that amazing basis.

I am sorry that you are learning why Paul said don't date unbelievers.

May I suggest that you join a church where there are activities that appleal to men, like apologetic debates, sports events even work activities doing odd jobs around the church.

When you have children who are taking part in nativities etc he will be more interested in attending to see them peform.

As he gets to know men in the congragation at family services and the abovemale oriented events he will discuss Christian things.

We had such a marriage and after forty years he changed on his death bed.

It is upto you to stay faithfull and to challenge your church to put on events that your husband will attend. Most churches do not like apologetic events as they prefer to talk about 'feelings' not hard facts of Christianity. Had your church taught you the hard facts you would not have dated this man.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

10 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

Yes you have a happy great marriage, he's kind and wonderful and you are crazy about him. But, he will not come to church. You cannot go together to christian events, discuss the Bible and worship together. You look at christian couples and envy them their togetherness. 

Do you just keep praying, hoping one day he shall realise who Jesus is? Splitting up is not an option. To hurt and destroy him is not right. A good marriage and real love is a precious thing.  He is the only man for you. You cannot and must not force a person to be a believer. It must come in their own time or it cannot be real. 

You do know that you as a Christian should not be unevenly yoked in a relationship. But you did marry him and he is not a believer. You need to maintain your relationship with Christ even though your husband does not believe. You need to go to Church without him. You need to read your Bible and pray without him. You especially need to pray often that your husband will eventually come to Christ. You are right you can not force your husband to believe. That is God's job to open his heart. Be patient he may come to Christ one day just by your Christian example or he may not. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

Who can predict the human heart? We fall in love despite all sorts of logic warning us not to.Then live with the result. 

I believe love is good. A marriage based on respect and true dedication to each other is a very valuable tjing. I am certainly not ever throwing that away. I love him, he loves me. So for me prayer and setting a good christian example is my way. I just yearn for the day when we can be as one in Christ. That is my dream. 

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,872
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 Cor 7:13-16
13 And a woman who has an unbelieving husband, and he consents to live with her, let her not send her husband away. 14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified through her believing husband; for otherwise your children are unclean, but now they are holy. 15 Yet if the unbelieving one leaves, let him leave; the brother or the sister is not under bondage in such cases, but God has called us to peace. 16 For how do you know, O wife, whether you will save your husband? Or how do you know, O husband, whether you will save your wife? 
NASB

Melinda  most of the time when people quote this scripture they leave  out the important parts    There is good reason why you stay with him and keep doing your thing with Jesus...   you may well save your husband and your kids if you have any....

• Brilliant! 1