• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  873
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  0

What can be done?

"first of all" > 1 Timothy 2:1-4

"rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God." (1 Peter 3:4)

3 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

Who can predict the human heart? We fall in love despite all sorts of logic warning us not to.Then live with the result.

We can get God's correction of our ways which made us able to do what is wrong. And then discover what He rules us to do in His peace > He can use whatever we have gotten ourselves into - - so we are not just living with it.

3 hours ago, com7fy8 said:

What can be done?

"first of all" > 1 Timothy 2:1-4

"rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God." (1 Peter 3:4)

We can get God's correction of our ways which made us able to do what is wrong. And then discover what He rules us to do in His peace > He can use whatever we have gotten ourselves into - - so we are not just living with it.

So true. The teaching and guidanceis always here to help us grow. 

I think i am put in place to lead my husband to be saved. He is a good decent man but steeped in the influences of this world. He has not yet made the leap into knowing the things above. The glorious treasures only Jesus can provide. I am surely uniquely placed to influence him as nobody else can? With love. 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I am new in faith, so can somebody please explain does these advices you have given to the OP apply only to he married couples, but not to the ones that are dating and unmarried? Or is it the same for both and why?

I have just started a similar thread before I saw this one. I am in the same situation, except that we are not married.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

never date anyone more than once that you would not be willing to marry...   very good advice from my grand parents

Well, i love him.

But i feel sad today. I mentioned a Christian women's gathering i want to attend. A worship and teachings day. My husband said oh it sounds like a cult. That they will all be 'happy clappy'. He said it mildly as always, he is a gentle good man but still. It means he thinks christianity is a nutty cult. I keep quiet. Hoping one day he will realise going to a mormal anglican church is not a cult. 

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,413
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

May  both of you get to be all "happy and clappy" together soon. My own bride and I have  now that I have consented to  going to and even joining one of them there kind of churches. 

I like that; "Happy and Clappy"! It is a good description of the joy  deeply felt in the emotion of the presence of the Holy Spirit at worship, sermon, and fellowship once not being resisted by me and my own stoic upbringing.

I went from stoic unbeliever atheist, to chosen and frozen Baptist, to all work and no play lessons, until my own bride said she misses her Pentecostal leanings, and we found - were led to- a more happy - clappy worship house of our Lord Jesus.

Now even I sometimes find myself raising my arms in praise of God during worship music. I even get a tear or two or more on occasion. Hurts my tough old crusty geezer look, but hey I just don't much care any more. I'm all Happy and I do get at least  hand raising  and toe tapping if not clappy.

May God move the two of you to a place of corporate worship, and may each of you have the comfort of the Holy Spirit dwelling within.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  1

22 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

Well, i love him.

But i feel sad today. I mentioned a Christian women's gathering i want to attend. A worship and teachings day. My husband said oh it sounds like a cult. That they will all be 'happy clappy'. He said it mildly as always, he is a gentle good man but still. It means he thinks christianity is a nutty cult. I keep quiet. Hoping one day he will realise going to a mormal anglican church is not a cult. 

Precious sister, his actions show Father is drawing your husband, he's making excuses up in his conscience, if the Holy Spirit was not at work he would be totally apathetic and indifferent, his comment would've been, ...have fun, enjoy yourself, see ya when you come home... 

Remember Paul, ...It is hard for you to kick against the goads. Acts 9:5

Dear one, I congratulate you on your decision to not leave, I know it must be tough, is there a woman's ministry that meets regularly at your church that you feel you can confide in and ask for prayer, is there also a men's ministry that that meets for a Saturday Men's Breakfast and Work Day that ministers outside of the church in the community that your husband could comfortably attend without all of the churchy surroundings and trappings?

Jesus is our Lord in our vertical relationship, your husband is your "lord" in the horizontal relationship, ...please, may I humbly suggest, if you are not already, treat him as you would Jesus if He came to visit, go that extra mile, ...remember, more is caught than taught, sounds like he is resisting his own conscience.

Nancy Missler's book, The Way of Agape, is an excellent testimony of her marital problems and how the Lord helped, granted her and Chuck were both Christians, but the spiritual principles she learned work for both believers and non-believers.. 

Lord bless

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  39
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  08/11/1977

On 4/5/2019 at 3:39 PM, Neighbor said:

May  both of you get to be all "happy and clappy" together soon. My own bride and I have  now that I have consented to  going to and even joining one of them there kind of churches. 

I like that; "Happy and Clappy"! It is a good description of the joy  deeply felt in the emotion of the presence of the Holy Spirit at worship, sermon, and fellowship once not being resisted by me and my own stoic upbringing.

I went from stoic unbeliever atheist, to chosen and frozen Baptist, to all work and no play lessons, until my own bride said she misses her Pentecostal leanings, and we found - were led to- a more happy - clappy worship house of our Lord Jesus.

Now even I sometimes find myself raising my arms in praise of God during worship music. I even get a tear or two or more on occasion. Hurts my tough old crusty geezer look, but hey I just don't much care any more. I'm all Happy and I do get at least  hand raising  and toe tapping if not clappy.

May God move the two of you to a place of corporate worship, and may each of you have the comfort of the Holy Spirit dwelling within.

That's where I'm at right now. Once a mindless robot during worship, now I dance with flags in my hands at the back of our sanctuary.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,413
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

4 hours ago, Kinison said:

now I dance with flags in my hands at the back of our sanctuary.

Can't say I have seen that. Flags as in flag drill team flags? Interesting,  -are there others with you also waving flags?

I have images of the Baht Rivka Whitten DVD singing Ha Ben Yakir Li and waving a large flag waving as she sings and dances, and I also having competing images of crowds waving little flags running through my mind's eye.( Just decided to play that DVD as I read here.) I'd post the link, but it is on Youtube - Easy enough to find if interested, the worship lifts my spirit.