IGNORED

Can women talk about Jesus and the gospel?

NathWChristian

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  58
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Hi guys
1 Timothy 2:11-15 says women should be quiet.

Does it mean that women can't write books about christ or women can't have a youtube channel about bible teachings?

Thanks

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

Women are instructed to be quiet when it would be out of order or disruptive not to be quiet.

See many of Corre ten Boom's Books and online youtube testimonies.  (she went to 63 countries sharing her testimony of God's Love learned in

her time  in the concentration camps in nazi germany during the war.

Also see Marabel Morgan,  Elizabeth Elliott,  and Jesse Penn'Lewis were good testimonies of Jesus.

Most on tv are not even close to right.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

4 minutes ago, NathWChristian said:
Hi guys

Does it mean that women can't write books about christ or women can't have a youtube channel about bible teachings?

Thanks

These verses deal with a woman not usurping authority over that of a man's in the church. The Lord is desirous of His hand-maidens sharing every aspect of the gospel with others. God bless!

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 3

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  5

The best Bible teacher alive just happens to be a woman.....catch her on You Tube.....Renee Roland.....modern day Judaizers should steer clear .....you will not “ get” her and you will not like her......True Christians will love her.....

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

1 hour ago, NathWChristian said:
Hi guys

Thanks

It does not mean women should not speak. It means that women should not be pastors or deacons. Women have their place in the church. They can teach a Bible study or a children's Sunday School. They can teach at a vacation Bible school.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  463
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, NathWChristian said:
Hi guys

Thanks

Cognate: 2271 hēsyxía (from hēsyxos, "quiet, stillness") – quietness, implying calm; for the believer, 2271 (hēsyxía) is used of their God-produced calm which includes an inner tranquility that supports appropriate action. This term "does not mean speechlessness, which is more directly indicated by 4602 (sigḗ) (J. Thayer). See 2272 (hēsyxios).

1 Pet.3:4 "..but from the inner disposition of your heart, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is precious in God’s sight."

In Mat.11:29 Jesus said "..for I am gentle and humble in heart."

So speaking calmly and gently is not necessarily a gender issue.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

3 hours ago, NathWChristian said:
Hi guys

Thanks

Hi,   The letter called 1 Timothy is fairly short, reading it in it's brief entirety, as though looking over the shoulder of Timothy as he first read it will net one a much better understanding. Ignore the verse numbering  and chapter separations completely, just read it as a letter would be read.

Learning as much a is possible about the church there and the"problem" facing it will also  be of help in understanding the reason for Paul's authoring  his desires to Timothy for the benefit of the Ephesus church. There is also guidance and warning to that church  at the book of Revelation.

Plus there is the following from Titus regarding women that hould put the errant conclusion about women not being allowed to teach to rest.  A brief excerpt from that short Book of the Bible reads: But as for you, teach what accords with sound doctrine.  Older men are to be sober-minded, dignified, self-controlled, sound in faith, in love, and in steadfastness.  Older women likewise are to be reverent in behavior, not slanderers or slaves to much wine. They are to teach what is good,  and so train the young women to love their husbands and children,  to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled.

Reciting a phrase from a sentence numbered as a verse within a passage of a full book of the Bible often leads to serious abuse and misuse of the meaning  being communicated by the human author under inspiration  of God. 

Thanks for posting as it gave me  interest in using the question to do a little evening review for my own benefit!

• Praise God! 1

• Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

As Christians, we are a kingdom of priests.

1 Peter 2:3-9

Revelation 1:6

Revelation 5:10

Until everyone steps up to perform their ministries, we are short handed.

Whenever men failed to step up in God's plan in the past... women filled the void.

Prophetess Deborah

The women at the tomb of Christ

etc.

I used to be firmly in the camp that women could not preach or teach men.

I could argue from Judges 4 to Revelation 2 on the subject and I used to let women preachers

have it (socking it to them with scriptures). Then the Holy Spirit impressed upon me this thought...

"So it would be better that the Gospel does not get out at all than that a woman teaches or preaches to a man?"

I was undone.

Here I was hindering the Gospel over a technicality that was only for an ideal situation that many if not most men in the

Body Christian were involved in their unique personal ministry according to the calling of God and his spiritual gifts

lavished upon us.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

Granted there are a lot of people who claim to be Christians that are essentially

out to reinvent the faith...

claiming only parts of the Bible are the word of God or are true...

that Paul's "hatred of women" ← notice any opposition is labeled as hatred...

is of the ancient world and modern thinking

outshines those old antiquated ways of valuing women...

I once shared how the Holy Spirit opened my eyes on the subject with a woman preacher

and her male subordinate wrote back that it was only a matter of small minded thinking

that people had problems with women preachers.

So, I just let the subject drop for the most part.