the watchman

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  106
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

what does the Resurrection mean to you.   i will come back later give scriptures  

John 11:25

“Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:  

Edited by the watchman

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

The Resurrection of Jesus Christ demonstrates the power to resurrect all of us. This shows the power of God 1 Corinthians 15: 20-22. It gives us hope beyond the grave 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

Heb 2:14 NKJV Since therefore the children share in flesh and blood, he himself likewise partook of the same things, that through death he might destroy the one who has the power of death, that is, the devil,  Heb 2:15  and deliver all those who through fear of death were subject to lifelong slavery.

Jesus conquered death which had been in the power of satan.  Therefore we are no longer intimidated by it but look forward to being eternally with Jesus.  We are set free from the power of satan in every way.  He has no hold over us.  We have been ransomed by Christ's blood.  And the same spirit that raised Jesus from the dead now lives in us!

Rom 8:11 NKJV But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.

• Loved it! 1
  • Brilliant! 1
  • Praise God! 1

4 hours ago, Willa said:

Heb 2:14 NKJV Since therefore the children share in flesh and blood, he himself likewise partook of the same things, that through death he might destroy the one who has the power of death, that is, the devil,  Heb 2:15  and deliver all those who through fear of death were subject to lifelong slavery.

Jesus conquered death which had been in the power of satan.  Therefore we are no longer intimidated by it but look forward to being eternally with Jesus.  We are set free from the power of satan in every way.  He has no hold over us.  We have been ransomed by Christ's blood.  And the same spirit that raised Jesus from the dead now lives in us!

Rom 8:11 NKJV But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.

PRETTY GOODromans 6:4 Therefore we have been buried with Him through baptism into death, so that as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we too might walk in newness of life. For if we have become [a]united with Him in the likeness of His death, certainly we shall also be [b]in the likeness of His resurrection, knowing this, that our old [c]self was crucified with Him, in order that our body of sin might be [d]done away with, so that we would no longer be slaves to sin; for he who has died is [e"]freed from sin.

ROMANS 4:25  who was delivered for our offenses, and was raised again for our justification.☺️

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,130
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

10 hours ago, the watchman said:

what does the Resurrection mean to you.   i will come back later give scriptures  

“Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:  

Hi watchman,

The resurrection means, (to me) that those who died, (outside of the Body of Christ and the OT saints) will either be raised to life or to condemnation.

`...all who are in the graves will hear His voice and come forth - those have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation.` (John 5: 28 & 29)

The Old Testament saints who are in the General Assembly (Heb. 12: 23) will have new bodies and go to the city they were promised, while the Body of Christ will be in the third heaven with Christ on His own throne, as promised. Note these two groups are NOT IN THE GRAVES, but in the general Assembly in heaven.

I personally am not looking to die and be resurrected but looking to the Lord, for a new body, like His, immortal and incorruptible. (1 Cor. 15: 53 & 54) That is the blessed hope I am looking for.

Marilyn.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

23 hours ago, the watchman said:

I believe the resurrection is what most people call heaven - the place we go after we die.

the Resurrection  makes it possible to get the new life  so we can go to heaven 

1st Corinthians 15 

12 Now if Christ is preached, that He has been raised from the dead, how do some among you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? 13 But if there is no resurrection of the dead, not even Christ has been raised;14 and if Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is vain, your faith also is vain. 15 Moreover we are even found to be false witnesses of God, because we testified [f]against God that He raised [g]Christ, whom He did not raise, if in fact the dead are not raised. 16 For if the dead are not raised, not even Christ has been raised; 17 and if Christ has not been raised, your faith is worthless; you are still in your sins. 18 Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished. 19 If we have hoped in Christ in this life only, we are of all men most to be pitied.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,274
  • Content Per Day:  1.73

17 hours ago, the watchman said:

the Resurrection  makes it possible to get the new life  so we can go to heaven 

1st Corinthians 15 

12 Now if Christ is preached, that He has been raised from the dead, how do some among you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? 13 But if there is no resurrection of the dead, not even Christ has been raised;14 and if Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is vain, your faith also is vain. 15 Moreover we are even found to be false witnesses of God, because we testified [f]against God that He raised [g]Christ, whom He did not raise, if in fact the dead are not raised. 16 For if the dead are not raised, not even Christ has been raised; 17 and if Christ has not been raised, your faith is worthless; you are still in your sins. 18 Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished. 19 If we have hoped in Christ in this life only, we are of all men most to be pitied.

Got it. The resurrection of Jesus shows that the gospel is true. Without Jesus resurrection there is no Christianity.

bingo