• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

THE UNFORGIVABLE SIN

Judas betrayed Jesus

·         “And Judas went to the chief priests and the officers of the temple guard and discussed with them how he might betray Jesus.  They were delighted and agreed to give him money.”        Luke 22:4-5

·         “Then Judas, His betrayer, seeing that Jesus had been condemned, deeply regretted what he had done.  He returned the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders, saying, “I have sinned in betraying innocent blood.”         Mt27:3–4

Judas repented

But that did not save him.

Judas Iscariot stands as an example of a soul condemned to be in hell.

Christ stated that he lost none that the Father gave Him “except the son of perdition”    (John 17:12).

And speaking of the one who would betray Him, Jesus said, “it would be better for that man if he had never been born”   (Mattew26:24)

Peter denied Jesus three times

·         Now Simon Peter stood and warmed himself. Therefore they said to him, “You are not also one of His disciples, are you?”  He denied it and said, “I am not!”  One of the servants of the high priest, a relative of him whose ear Peter cut off, said, “Did I not see you in the garden with Him?” Peter then denied again; and immediately a rooster crowed. John18:25-27

Jesus forgave Peter

·         So when they had eaten breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter,“Simon,son of Jonah, do you love Me more than these?” He said to Him, “Yes, Lord; You know that Ilove You.” He said to him,“Feed My lambs.” John 21:15

Why could Peter be forgiven . . . yet Judas could not be forgiven?

All sin is bad but there is one sin that is unforgivable.

----   What sin did Jesus speak out against the most?

----    Jesus spoke out against hypocrisy many more times than he did against any other sin.

·         Jesus replied, "Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you hypocrites; as it is written: "'These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. Mark 7:6

·         "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of the bones of the dead and everything unclean. Matthew 23:27

·         But Jesus, knowing their evil intent, said, "You hypocrites, why are you trying to trap me? Matthew 22:18

·         "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of greed and self-indulgence. Matthew 23:25

·         …. you hypocrites! You build tombs for the prophets and decorate the graves of the righteous. Matthew 23:29

·         "Woe to you,. . . you hypocrites! You shut the door of the kingdom of heaven in people's faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to. Matthew 23:13

Judas was a hypocrite

·         Jesus asked him, "Judas, are you betraying the Son of Man with a kiss?“ Luke 22:48

Why is being a hypocrite unforgivable?

A hypocrite is double minded.

There is always more than one side to a hypocrite.

A hypocrite can never be completely forgiven because there is always another side of them that isn’t included in their repentance.

From time to time we are all hypocrites.

·         But when Peter came to Antioch, I had to oppose him to his face, for what he did was very wrong.  When he first arrived, he ate with the Gentile believers, who were not circumcised. But afterward, when some friends of James came, Peter wouldn’t eat with the Gentiles anymore.  He was afraid of criticism from these people who insisted on the necessity of circumcision.  As a result, other Jewish believers followed Peter’s hypocrisy, and even Barnabas was led astray by their hypocrisy.    Galatians 2:11-13

Judas knowingly embraced hypocrisy when he betrayed Jesus with a kiss. Peter acted out of fear and his own weakness.

One could be forgiven and the other cannot be forgiven.  In either case hypocrisy is something that Jesus took pains to warn us against.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  1

Hi..., There are three categories of humans on this planet: believers that are walking by the Holy Spirit in integrity, believers that are walking in the flesh, their own carnal nature, ...and there are hypocrites, the first two are born again and saved and the last is not, they are just acting, ...which is what your post is pointing out.

The unpardonable sin is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, ...from the lips of Jesus:

Therefore I say to you, All kinds of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven to men, but the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit shall not be forgiven to men.  Mat 12:31

Lord bless

Edited by JustPassingThru
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  39
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/11/1977

I think the biggest difference between Peter and Judas was that Peter was spiritually immature (as many of us are, or have been), but he repented and was restored. The Bible says that Judas was remorseful, but instead of repenting, he committed suicide. But I digress.

As for the unpardonable sin, the context in which Jesus says this relates to the Pharisees attributing Jesus' miracles to Satan, especially since He performed many of those miracles right before their eyes. 

I know of lots of people who fear that they have done that very thing, and I was one of them until I learned the context, and backed up my repentance with scripture (See John 6:37, 2 Corinthians 7:10)

Edited by Kinison
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Kinison said:

I know of lots of people who fear that they have done that very thing, and I was one of them until I learned the context,

Brother, the enemy of our souls has fed that lie to many of God's children, ...truth is, if we had committed the unpardonable sin Paul tells we would have been given over to what is called a reprobate mind Rom 1:28, ...literally if we had committed the unpardonable sin that means we wouldn't even be worried if we had or hadn't, ...if anyone is worried they have committed the unpardonable sin is the very proof they haven't!

Lord bless

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,778
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

The unforgivable sin according to Jesus applies to believers only....

Unbelievers cannot commit this iniquity.... 

We see in the book of acts one event and we can see the righteous indignation in Peter who said to one of the believers who followed him and marvel at the works of the Holy Spirit that this brother in his ignorance perceived that as in the cudtoms of the ocult that the gifts of the  Holy Spirit could be given to him by offering a valuable consideration to Peter...

Peter strongly rebuke him....and the brother imidiatly repented and asked that he be forgiven, and asked Peter to pray that Jesus forgives him...

This has nothing to do for going to Hell, no never , this brother still believes and is under the Attoning blood of Jesus Christ....only he is deprived from the blessing of the gifts of the Holy Spirit...

This brother did not remained unrepented, imidiatly asked for forgiveness....so we cannot how this matter ended...

These types of offences of ignorance has nothing to do with Hell...

They the person involved is Heavenly bound, before and or after their "offence", only they are excluded from the gifts....

It is the same -just about- for someone who does not believe in miracles as in the apostolic times. 

Why Jesus whould give this believer gifts of miracles if he believes they are not from him -Jesus-. 

If Jesus does, he will take the risk that this brother will feel that a strange power has come upon him and rebuke the gift of the Holy Spirit from himself and strangely enouph in the name of Jesus, ....