• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,129
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

14 hours ago, douggg said:

I see Ezekiel 39:6-7 as being in contrast to being "Allah" the god of the muslim invaders.    

The Assyrian is not really clear as to who that is.   I tend to think Nimrod, now a disembodied spirit.    But it may not be.    The Assyrian may be the king of the north in Daniel 11: 40  when the beast is attacked from the north, south, and east.

But the Assyrian can't be the Antichrist because Anti in the greek usage means against and instead of - Christ (the King of Israel).    Mark 15:32 Let Christ the King of Israel descend now from the cross, that we may see and believe. And they that were crucified with him reviled him.

If there is a peace treaty with the muslims, like President Trump is proposing, the timing would before Gog/Magog, not after.

Hi douggg,

A person who is Assyrian is from the area of Syria & Iraq. Mmmmm wonder why that area is in conflict? That deceitful, wicked person is about to step on to the world stage as the Peace Maker between Iraq, Syria, Jordan and Israel, after the Gog (Russian) war.

Marilyn.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

7 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi ARGOSY,

I see what you are saying, however God is quite specific as to when that earthquake happens.

`And it will come to pass AT THE SAME TIME, when Gog comes against the land of Israel, says the Lord God, that my fury will show in my face. For in my jealousy and in the fire of my wrath I have spoken: Surely IN THAT DAY THERE SHALL BE A GREAT EARTHQUAKE in the land of Israel....` (Ez. 38: 18 & 19)

Also note WHERE the judgment of Gog`s armies is - ON THE MOUNTAINS OF ISRAEL, whereas the Armageddon judgment, we read that the world`s armies are in THE VALLEY OF JEHOSHAPHAT.  

So some details are similar when looking quickly, however when we actually read carefully we see that it is a different time, a different army, and a different place.

Marilyn.

I don't see any problem with seeing the armies of Gog as the armies of Armageddon. In fact Joel is clear that the size of the army is so huge it stretches from the Mediterranean to the Dead Sea " its eastern ranks will drown in the Dead Sea    and its western ranks in the Mediterranean Sea."

Neither is there a problem associating the earthquake with a war, they are both DOTL events in multiple verses in the Bible.

Neither is there a problem with the Valley of Jehosaphat matching the mountains of Israel, when an army travels through a mountain range, they normally travel up the valleys rather than the mountaintops. 

None of your objections are applicable. 

7 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi douggg,

A person who is Assyrian is from the area of Syria & Iraq. Mmmmm wonder why that area is in conflict? That deceitful, wicked person is about to step on to the world stage as the Peace Maker between Iraq, Syria, Jordan and Israel, after the Gog (Russian) war.

Marilyn.

Very true this. My only difference is that I believe it will still be a few more years. That event will occur just after the temple is built.  I believe the war will not be as significant as the Gog war. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

There are two Gog and Magog's. One in Ezekiel 38-39 and one in Revelation 20: 7-8. Two very different battles. 

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

2 hours ago, ARGOSY said:

I don't see any problem with seeing the armies of Gog as the armies of Armageddon. In fact Joel is clear that the size of the army is so huge it stretches from the Mediterranean to the Dead Sea " its eastern ranks will drown in the Dead Sea    and its western ranks in the Mediterranean Sea."

Neither is there a problem associating the earthquake with a war, they are both DOTL events in multiple verses in the Bible.

Neither is there a problem with the Valley of Jehosaphat matching the mountains of Israel, when an army travels through a mountain range, they normally travel up the valleys rather than the mountaintops. 

None of your objections are applicable. 

Hi ARGOSY,

There is quite a big difference bro.

1. Pre - trib. The Russian federation with Iran, Ethiopia and Libya DO NOT kill any people in Jerusalem or the main part of Israel, just the outlying villages. God deals with them with something like a nuclear blast and also they turn on each other killing with swords. (Ez. 38: 21)

2. End of Trib. The world`s armies gather at Armageddon, valley north of Israel, they sweep through the land of Israel killing 2/3rds of Israelis and then surround Jerusalem looting and killing. Then they marshal outside Jerusalem in the valley of Jehoshaphat where the Lord deals with them by the brightness of His coming. (Zech. 13: 8, Joel 3: 12,  2 Thess. 2: 8)

Marilyn.

On 4/9/2019 at 9:44 AM, Marilyn C said:

Hi ARGOSY,

There is quite a big difference bro.

1. Pre - trib. The Russian federation with Iran, Ethiopia and Libya DO NOT kill any people in Jerusalem or the main part of Israel, just the outlying villages. God deals with them with something like a nuclear blast and also they turn on each other killing with swords. (Ez. 38: 21)

2. End of Trib. The world`s armies gather at Armageddon, valley north of Israel, they sweep through the land of Israel killing 2/3rds of Israelis and then surround Jerusalem looting and killing. Then they marshal outside Jerusalem in the valley of Jehoshaphat where the Lord deals with them by the brightness of His coming. (Zech. 13: 8, Joel 3: 12,  2 Thess. 2: ?

Marilyn.

Hi Marilyn,

I dealt with your previous objections to the Gog war being Armageddon, now I see that you have a few more.  I agree the Gog war does not actually mention the frontline of the attacking army entering Jerusalem, no two prophecies have ALL the detail of the other prophecies. The bulk of the armies are destroyed just outside Jerusalem in many DOTL/SC prophecies, and this is consistent with the Gog war. 

As for the "nuclear blast" and they "turn on each other killing with swords" in Ezekiel, read this description of the DOTL event of Zech 14:

This is the plague with which the Lord will strike all the nations that fought against Jerusalem: Their flesh will rot while they are still standing on their feet, their eyes will rot in their sockets, and their tongues will rot in their mouths. 13 On that day people will be stricken by the Lord with great panic. They will seize each other by the hand and attack one another.

The same event is described in Zechariah 14, in DOTL context. So again nothing mutually exclusive, the events are all smoothly matching. 

12 hours ago, ARGOSY said:

Hi Marilyn,

I dealt with your previous objections to the Gog war being Armageddon, now I see that you have a few more.  I agree the Gog war does not actually mention the frontline of the attacking army entering Jerusalem, no two prophecies have ALL the detail of the other prophecies. The bulk of the armies are destroyed just outside Jerusalem in many DOTL/SC prophecies, and this is consistent with the Gog war. 

As for the "nuclear blast" and they "turn on each other killing with swords" in Ezekiel, read this description of the DOTL event of Zech 14:

This is the plague with which the Lord will strike all the nations that fought against Jerusalem: Their flesh will rot while they are still standing on their feet, their eyes will rot in their sockets, and their tongues will rot in their mouths. 13 On that day people will be stricken by the Lord with great panic. They will seize each other by the hand and attack one another.

The same event is described in Zechariah 14, in DOTL context. So again nothing mutually exclusive, the events are all smoothly matching. 

Hi ARGOSY,

I do very much agree that one prophet is given some details and another some more, each building the big picture of the topic. So let`s look at the nuclear blast.

1. Pre-trib. Russian Federation, plus Iran, Ethiopia and Libya, -

`Everyman`s sword will be against his brother. And I will bring him to judgment with pestilence and bloodshed. I will rain down on him, on his troops, and on many peoples who are with him, flooding rain, great hailstones, fire and brimstone.` (Ez. 38: 22)

2. End of trib. The World`s Armies -

` And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming.` (2 Thess. 2: 8)

` And this shall be the plague with which the Lord will strike all people who fought against Jerusalem; their flesh shall dissolve on their feet,....` (Zech. 14: 12)

Seems to me to be quite different. Marilyn.

2 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi ARGOSY,

I do very much agree that one prophet is given some details and another some more, each building the big picture of the topic. So let`s look at the nuclear blast.

1. Pre-trib. Russian Federation, plus Iran, Ethiopia and Libya, -

`Everyman`s sword will be against his brother. And I will bring him to judgment with pestilence and bloodshed. I will rain down on him, on his troops, and on many peoples who are with him, flooding rain, great hailstones, fire and brimstone.` (Ez. 38: 22)

2. End of trib. The World`s Armies -

` And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming.` (2 Thess. 2: ?

` And this shall be the plague with which the Lord will strike all people who fought against Jerusalem; their flesh shall dissolve on their feet,....` (Zech. 14: 12)

Seems to me to be quite different. Marilyn.

I have the same answer, no prophecy contains every  detail of every other prophecy. We shouldn't expect them to, otherwise every prophecy about the second coming would be the same.

Jesus only intervenes at the end of the war. Some prophecies focus on that moment, others on the war itself. 

There are so many overlaps between the Ezekiel 38/39 war and the second coming, it is obviously the same day, and none of your objections create an untenable contradiction. 

27 minutes ago, ARGOSY said:

I have the same answer, no prophecy contains every  detail of every other prophecy. We shouldn't expect them to, otherwise every prophecy about the second coming would be the same.

Jesus only intervenes at the end of the war. Some prophecies focus on that moment, others on the war itself. 

There are so many overlaps between the Ezekiel 38/39 war and the second coming, it is obviously the same day, and none of your objections create an untenable contradiction. 

Hi ARGOSY,

Have to go out now, but will be thinking of a response.

regards, Marilyn.

9 hours ago, ARGOSY said:

Hi AROGOSY,

By saying that `no prophecy contains every detail,` we have to be careful that we don`t go the other way and miss out on glaring differences. So let`s look at who is in Ezekiel`s war and who is in Armageddon`s. Also, what happened to their bodies.

1. Pre-trib. Ezekiel`s war. `from the far north...& Persia, (Iran) Ethiopia and Libya` (Ez. 38: 15 & 5)  `seven months the house of Israel will be burying them..` (Ez. 39: 12)

2. End of trib. Rev`s war. `spirits of demons...which go out to the kings of the whole world, to gather them to the battle .....Armageddon.` (Rev. 16: 14)

`And the winepress was trampled outside the city, and blood came out of the winepress up to the horse`s bridles, for 1,600 furlongs.` (Rev. 14: 20)

Two different pictures there. Marilyn.