douggg

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,143
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  1

The outline of the endtimes, which contain the 7 years of Revelation 6-19, is found in Ezekiel 38-39.

Ezekiel 38-39:

1. Israel living in peace.

2. Then Gog/Magog

3. Then 7 months of burying the dead

4. Then the 7 years - which everything in Revelation 6-19 takes place.

5. Then Armageddon feast in Ezekiel 39:17-20

6. Then Jesus Himself speaking Ezekiel 39:21-29 having returned to earth and recounting the past 2000 years of why the house of Israel was exiled into nations following rejecting Him as their King.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,200
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

20 hours ago, douggg said:

The outline of the endtimes, which contain the 7 years of Revelation 6-19, is found in Ezekiel 38-39.

Ezekiel 38-39:

2. Then Gog/Magog

6. Then Jesus Himself speaking Ezekiel 39:21-29 having returned to earth and recounting the past 2000 years of why the house of Israel was exiled into nations following rejecting Him as their King.

Hi Douggg,

I agree with a lot of what you say but have a few differences.

1. ` Unwalled villages` really only refers to some of Israel, the outlying areas.

2. Agree.

3. Agree.

4. Agree.

5. Disagree. Note: the mountains of Israel, whereas Armageddon finishes up in the valley of Jehoshaphat. (Joel 3: 12)

6. Disagree. It is the Lord`s glory that is set among the nations, and that glory comes from the temple in Jerusalem which they will build in the millennium. (Ez. 40: 5  to 48)

Good to see it laid out, there bro. Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,627
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  2

But it must fit in with known outlines as in the Gospels and Revelation, and mesh with Joel and Zechariah. 

Really there is only the Gog of Magog thing going on in Ezekiel 38-39, where Matt 24 gives an actual outline:

Beginning of sorrows,

A of D,

Great tribulation,

The Sign of the 2nd Coming,

The gathering of the elect.

And the seals in Revelation are also the guiding outline of the end of the age, coinciding with the outline Jesus gave us in the Gospels. 

Ezekiel 38 begins:

"I am against you, Gog, chief prince of Meshek and Tubal.  I will turn you around, put hooks in your jaws and bring you out with your whole army—your horses, your horsemen fully armed, and a great horde with large and small shields, all of them brandishing their swords. Persia, Cush and Put will be with them, all with shields and helmets, also Gomer with all its troops, and Beth Togarmah from the far north with all its troops—the many nations with you."

"In future years you will invade a land that has recovered from war, whose people were gathered from many nations to the mountains of Israel, which had long been desolate. They had been brought out from the nations, and now all of them live in safety. You and all your troops and the many nations with you will go up, advancing like a storm; you will be like a cloud covering the land."

This is much more like Luke 21

"But when you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, then know that its desolation has come near.", which is near the midpoint. So Eze 38 describes the armies of the earth surrounding Jerusalem, plundering the city for the times of the Gentiles, and then are found in the valley when the Lord returns to the Mount of Olives to fight them per Zech 14.

23 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Douggg,

I agree with a lot of what you say but have a few differences.

1. ` Unwalled villages` really only refers to some of Israel, the outlying areas.

2. Agree.

3. Agree.

4. Agree.

5. Disagree. Note: the mountains of Israel, whereas Armageddon finishes up in the valley of Jehoshaphat. (Joel 3: 12)

6. Disagree. It is the Lord`s glory that is set among the nations, and that glory comes from the temple in Jerusalem which they will build in the millennium. (Ez. 40: 5  to 48)

Good to see it laid out, there bro. Marilyn. 

Hi Marilyn, I think you may have misunderstood me.

Ezekiel 38, Israel before the Gog/Magog invasion.

Ezekiel 39:4  feast on Gog's army.    Gog/Magog over, armies destroyed on the mountains of Israel and the open fields (verse 5)

Followed by 7 months.    The cleanup of the dead ends in Ezekiel 39:16.

And there are 7 years following Gog/Magog in the text.  

[this part is not directly stated in the text.}   The 7 years begin by the Jews believing the Antichrist is their messiah.   And in the middle of the 7 years he betrays them, claiming to be God.   And goes on to become the beast for the remainder of the 7 years.   Which at the end of the 7 years, the beast leads the armies of the world to try and make war on Jesus.   Which Jesus the day he returns destroys those armies in....

Ezekiel 39:17-20.  Armageddon feast of Revelation 19:17-18.

Ezekiel 39:21-29, Jesus speaking in the text, having returned.   And is recounting the past 2000 years of why the house of Israel went into exile, for having rejecting him as their King of Israel and Savior from the consequence of their sins.    In that day when Jesus has returned, Israel, Jews will know that Jesus his true identity as the Lord their God.  

22 So the house of Israel shall know that I am the LORD their God from that day and forward.

Edited by douggg

46 minutes ago, douggg said:

Hi Marilyn, I think you may have misunderstood me.

Ezekiel 39:17-20.  Armageddon feast of Revelation 19:17-18.

Ezekiel 39:21-29, Jesus speaking in the text, having returned.   And is recounting the past 2000 years of why the house of Israel went into exile, for having rejecting him as their King of Israel and Savior from the consequence of their sins.    In that day when Jesus has returned, Israel, Jews will know that Jesus his true identity as the Lord their God.  

22 So the house of Israel shall know that I am the LORD their God from that day and forward.

Hi douggg,

Thank you for your explanation, however I see that that refers to just after the Gog/Magog war.

`And I will send fire on Magog and on those who live securely in the coastlands. Then they shall know that I am the Lord. So I will make my holy name known in the midst of my people Israel, and I will not let them profane my holy name any more. Then the nations shall know that I am the Lord, the Holy One of Israel. ` (Ez. 39: 6 & 7)

I also do not see Israel accepting the Assyrian, (Moslem) as their Messiah. They just sign a Peace treaty, nothing else.

Marilyn.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

On 4/7/2019 at 5:01 AM, douggg said:

Ezekiel 38-39:

2. Then Gog/Magog

I find a lot of overlap with that final battle of Ezekiel matching the final battle of Armageddon.

The main clue is the great earthquake, always a pointer to the day of the Lord/second coming.

Another clue , is the sin of Israel on the DOTL in Joel 2, matches the shame of Israel in Ezekiel 39

I will now restore the fortunes of Jacob and will have compassion on all the people of Israel, and I will be zealous for my holy name.  They will forget their shame and all the unfaithfulness they showed toward me when they lived in safety in their land with no one to make them afraid.

Another clue is the feast of birds outside Jerusalem in Ez 39:17-29 matches the feast of birds at the second coming of Rev 19. 

Another clue is that Ez 39 seems to move into a time of restoration in Ez 40-48, which is a blessed time , the restored Messianic Age.

Another clue is the infighting of the attacking army in 38:17 matches the DOTL infighting of the attacking armies in Zech 14:13

Another clue is the rain of hailstones in Ez 38, there is also a rain of hailstones with the severe earthquake of Rev 16:21

The events are too similar, Ezekiel 38 possibly describes the final tribulation period, where under the antichrist Israel will be in a false time of peace. Then after the earthquake and war , it is during the Messianic age that people will clear up the bodies for 7 months. 

Edited by ARGOSY
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi douggg,

Thank you for your explanation, however I see that that refers to just after the Gog/Magog war.

`And I will send fire on Magog and on those who live securely in the coastlands. Then they shall know that I am the Lord. So I will make my holy name known in the midst of my people Israel, and I will not let them profane my holy name any more. Then the nations shall know that I am the Lord, the Holy One of Israel. ` (Ez. 39: 6 & 7)

I also do not see Israel accepting the Assyrian, (Moslem) as their Messiah. They just sign a Peace treaty, nothing else.

Marilyn.

I see Ezekiel 39:6-7 as being in contrast to being "Allah" the god of the muslim invaders.    

The Assyrian is not really clear as to who that is.   I tend to think Nimrod, now a disembodied spirit.    But it may not be.    The Assyrian may be the king of the north in Daniel 11: 40  when the beast is attacked from the north, south, and east.

But the Assyrian can't be the Antichrist because Anti in the greek usage means against and instead of - Christ (the King of Israel).    Mark 15:32 Let Christ the King of Israel descend now from the cross, that we may see and believe. And they that were crucified with him reviled him.

If there is a peace treaty with the muslims, like President Trump is proposing, the timing would before Gog/Magog, not after.

Edited by douggg

1 hour ago, ARGOSY said:

Another clue is the feast of birds outside Jerusalem in Ez 39:17-29 matches the feast of birds at the second coming of Rev 19. 

Hi ARGOSY, so if you work backwards in Ezekiel 39, to Ezekiel 38, step by step, from Ezekiel 39:17-20 as being the feast of Revelation 19:17-19 ?  

The seven years and the seven months, right?   [the confirmation of the covenant for 7 years is here*]

Then what?   The destruction of Gog's army, right?

Then what?   Israel living in peace, right? [*not here]

Well, there is the Trump peace plan being talked about.   I for one will be following that.

Israel living in peace (maybe because of Trump's peace plan) > Gog/Magog attack > Gog's army destroyed > seven months of burying the dead, and 7 years (confirmation of the covenant for 7 years) > Armageddon > Jesus returned to earth.

Edited by douggg

• Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

3 hours ago, douggg said:

Hi ARGOSY, so if you work backwards in Ezekiel 39, to Ezekiel 38, step by step, from Ezekiel 39:17-20 as being the feast of Revelation 19:17-19 ?  

The seven years and the seven months, right?   [the confirmation of the covenant for 7 years is here]

Then what?   The destruction of Gog's army, right?

Then what?   Israel living in peace, right? [not here]

Well, there is the Trump peace treaty being talked about.   I for one will be following that.

Yes something like that , although the 7 years does not match precisely with the time of peace. Then Gog's army,  then after that war Israel will have it's true regathering, and it's true time of peace and blessing. The 7 months being the first 7 months of the true peace of Israel.  

Edited by ARGOSY

14 hours ago, ARGOSY said:

I find a lot of overlap with that final battle of Ezekiel matching the final battle of Armageddon.

The main clue is the great earthquake, always a pointer to the day of the Lord/second coming.

Another clue , is the sin of Israel on the DOTL in Joel 2, matches the shame of Israel in Ezekiel 39

I will now restore the fortunes of Jacob and will have compassion on all the people of Israel, and I will be zealous for my holy name.  They will forget their shame and all the unfaithfulness they showed toward me when they lived in safety in their land with no one to make them afraid.

Another clue is that Ez 39 seems to move into a time of restoration in Ez 40-48, which is a blessed time , the restored Messianic Age.

Another clue is the infighting of the attacking army in 38:17 matches the DOTL infighting of the attacking armies in Zech 14:13

Another clue is the rain of hailstones in Ez 38, there is also a rain of hailstones with the severe earthquake of Rev 16:21

The events are too similar, Ezekiel 38 possibly describes the final tribulation period, where under the antichrist Israel will be in a false time of peace. Then after the earthquake and war , it is during the Messianic age that people will clear up the bodies for 7 months. 

Hi ARGOSY,

I see what you are saying, however God is quite specific as to when that earthquake happens.

`And it will come to pass AT THE SAME TIME, when Gog comes against the land of Israel, says the Lord God, that my fury will show in my face. For in my jealousy and in the fire of my wrath I have spoken: Surely IN THAT DAY THERE SHALL BE A GREAT EARTHQUAKE in the land of Israel....` (Ez. 38: 18 & 19)

Also note WHERE the judgment of Gog`s armies is - ON THE MOUNTAINS OF ISRAEL, whereas the Armageddon judgment, we read that the world`s armies are in THE VALLEY OF JEHOSHAPHAT.  

So some details are similar when looking quickly, however when we actually read carefully we see that it is a different time, a different army, and a different place.

Marilyn.