Spiritual gifts

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  146
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Is it possible to use your spiritual gifting for evil or make a huge mistake in a persons life because of it? 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, RarexxRose said:

Is it possible to use your spiritual gifting for evil or make a huge mistake in a persons life because of it? 

Shalom Sister,

Interesting question!

I can't think of an example of anyone who used a spiritual gift from Yahweh for evil in the Bible.  I think it would be very hard to do as it seems that the Spirit is very "present" at the time of ministering a gift.  It's a gift given to you, yes.  How and when to use it is down to you, yes.  But I believe it's successful "operation" is conditional of you walking in the Father's Will.  For example, I don't think you can get the gift of tongues and use it to speak rude, hurtful or blasphemous words to someone who understands the language.

I think it's fair to say that over-confidence of a gift (pride or boastfulness) may constitute as evil or cause harm, if people are lead astray because of your actions/attitude.  But I can't really think of an example of this either really.  

People can have spiritual abilities without it being from the Holy Spirit, but rather it's from an evil spirit.  There are plenty of examples of this in the Bible. 

Would you care to share more of the situation, if the above didn't help?

Love & Shalom

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

6 hours ago, RarexxRose said:

Absolutely Yes.    Many people have been hurt,  damaged, deceived and misled by false prophesy , false word of knowledge, false word of wisdom,  even by 'false' healing word ....    

As Jesus Says,  "Many" false prophets are around, daily.   "Few" who are true.   (even in the "house of God"/ forums/ anywhere on earth).

Thus the repeated, continual need to seek first God's Kingdom,  and test everything before accepting or believing it.  Test by Scripture and constant prayer until proven true before believing -  many more things just ignore, obviously, recognizing most things are false or unhelpful or un-needed. (those things not being trusted, not being believed, don't 'need' to take time to test - they are as dross, perhaps, or just not important enough to test,  unless or until God Says to for His Purpose, if ever..