• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  140
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Hello brothers and sisters,

The thought came to my mind: it says in those Blessed Verses to put Those Supreme Words on one's head and hand: Deuteronomy 6:8!

I heard that our Jewish brothers, whom we should pray for and preach The Salvation! to, do that until these days! Do Christians do That? I was thinking: writing the word "Deuteronomy" in as many languages as could fit on a band, and make wrist bands and shoulder bands, and a headband pointing to these verses. 

Any thoughts?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

5 hours ago, justme007 said:

The thought came to my mind: it says in those Blessed Verses to put Those Supreme Words on one's head and hand: Deuteronomy 6:8!

I heard that our Jewish brothers, whom we should pray for and preach The Salvation! to, do that until these days! Do Christians do That? I was thinking: writing the word "Deuteronomy" in as many languages as could fit on a band, and make wrist bands and shoulder bands, and a headband pointing to these verses. 

Any thoughts?

I heard that our Jewish brothers, whom we should pray for and preach The Salvation! too

Exactly .     

exactly they need to hear the gospel and we pray they and gentiles too will receive it .     Hands up and praise the LORD . 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  39
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  08/11/1977

Those are the verses of the Shema. My godparents learned it when they went to Israel last October, and they had the Hebrew verses transliterated to English, and we would sing it before Sunday School.

Shema Yisrael

Adonai Eloheynu

Adonai Echad

Baruch Shem Kevod

Malchu'to

Leolam Vaed

Edited by Kinison
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,272
  • Content Per Day:  1.73

On 08 April 2019 at 8:08 PM, justme007 said:

Any thoughts?

Why do bands that point backwards to what does not save?

The words of Deut6:4-9 are true, but they are not those that lead people to Jesus.

Then why should Christians wear something that copies the orthodox Jewish ritual wearing on the law?

What some Christians do is wear a cross or a crucifix, to identify as Christian and to show the method of salvation. It is also worn by nonchristioans as a superstious protection against evil.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  93
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

On 4/8/2019 at 12:08 PM, justme007 said:

Any thoughts?

6:4 is already said as a daily prayer in Judaism- the Shema

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  463
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

I looked up on a website what those Hebrew words mean.

what-does-baruch-shem-kvod-malchuso-lolam-vaed-mean

"And be a witness to the world that God’s honorable kingdom is blessed."

I think that phrase would be a good way to end one's prayer request for a particular promise of blessing to be in one's life. That the answering of the prayer in that person's life would result in that person to be a witness to the world that God’s honorable kingdom is blessed.

"A King’s Kingdom consists of 2 things, His lands and His people. In this case we are referring to his “honorable” kingdom. Land cannot be honorable only people can be honorable. Therefore God’s honorable kingdom means God’s people."

Also, concerning the wearing of "the box" on one's head"..  is explained this way. "By Putting the tefillan (the bible uses the word "phylacteries") on the forehead and between the eyes we reinforce the concept that we are witnesses."

John 3:21 "We do (practice) the truth and come to the light that it may be manifest that our deeds are wrought in God."

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

Deu 6:8  You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes.

I always think of this when they speak of the mark of the beast, which is placed in the same places.

Rev 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for theword of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 6 months later...

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  145
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

If I am not mistaken there was a very famous Rabbi who took this passage and changed one word from Echad to Yachid. I am probably in error with their spelling. The original wording that Echad meaning something that is a Unity speaking of the Lord God as being  one but three but one. The Rabbi changed the word to Yachid meaning one singular which would rule out a God that is One but three. So please if you plan on wearing this make sure you have the correct wording that does not deny the Trinity. If you are going to work from this as a way of reaching Jewish people you need to guard against a lifetime, in many cases, of teaching that one of their greatest Rabbinical teachers has for centuries denied the Christ using this very passage. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

Up until AD 200 the Hebrew scholars accepted the 'two powers in Heaven' as the many many scriptures refer to ONE as beig TWO. And also the mention of Spirit was also affirmed. Around AD 200 they rewrote things and removed the Septuagint replacing it with a modified Masoretic text. However, Qumran discoveries highlighted these falsehoods. So today, they have many forms of Judaistic theology just as the Church has its variants.

Edited by Justin Adams