sugarbear

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

I agree with you sister. Opinions vary with man, who is fallible,so interpretation will vary as well. And we have a tendency to bend interpretation to fit our desires. The words of our Lord states "eyes that see and ears that hear" and w need that open mindedness to truly understand.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  679
  • Topics Per Day:  0.37
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Content Per Day:  0.72

Totally agree. I place my posts as "I Believe...", though I hold absolute truths dear I also understand that my absolute truths are not embraced by all. How can there be an exchanging of ideas if everyone immediately becomes defensive or angry. There is a difference between conversation and debate, and there is a difference between debate and fellowship. I appreciate it when I feel challenged to check a scripture and to ponder a concept. I love seeing what people say even if I dont' agree with them it gives me a chance to see how they think about a subject and hopefully sometimes why they think it. So three amens to civility, kindness and love.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

7 hours ago, sugarbear said:

This will not be deep, however....it will eventually lead to a study I`m doing and THAT will have much more depth. For now, I pray that this shallow message will at the very least help us to always be mindful of how we discuss things. ☺️

I like it, sugarbear, and agree, as probably the vast majority (of believers) here do.
But. Not all are believers. Not all have restraint.
This is a mixed group, with revolving membership.
Reality.
But it is a great proving ground, to see just how well you react, under fire, Christlike.
Like, how to deal with obvious heresy, respectfully, meekly, and love.
Yet, still:

Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.
1 Timothy 6:12 

Romans 12:18    If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  352
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  11/21/1964

5 hours ago, WordSword said:

Highly important subject and applicable passages! Just wanted to share that I believe that this is a vital subject requiring constant attention, because how we share is more important that what we share. This is because the debt "to love one another" (Rom 13:8) is the purpose of creation as to which the entirety of Scripture attests. If our motive is merely to be correct more that to walk in love, it manifests walking in pride instead, for "knowledge puffs up, but love exhorts" (1Cor 8:1).

We either put God first by putting others before ourselves (Phl 2:3), or self is first in everything. I've learned in my life that thinking too much of ourselves is the greatest hindrance to "walking in the Spirit" and learning truth; as love to others is the sole means of loving God (1Jhn 4:20). 

God give us to neighborly love "as" He "has loved us" (Jhn 13:34; 15:12), for to love God is manifested only by obedience to Him (Jhn 14:15, 23). 

Very well put! Thanks for chiming in. ? I can remember when not so long ago I felt the need to be right... it was so important to me. And when you're going through that and it's happening to you, you don't see it the same as you do when you're looking back at it. You could not have told me at the time that I was doing anything wrong. I look back now and I'm like shaking my head. But that was part of my spiritual growth. I know that I don't have to be right now but at the same time I have the right to share my thoughts in a peaceful loving way. Where it didn't so much matter if I hurt somebody's feelings before It really really matters now. It may happen sometime accidentally but I sure never want it to. I prayed specifically for big Love and I'm just telling you that's exactly what God gave me for other people. Be careful what you pray for. ?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

2 minutes ago, Sower said:

I like it, sugarbear, and agree, as probably the vast majority (of believers) here do.
But. Not all are believers. Not all have restraint.
This is a mixed group, with revolving membership.
Reality.
But it is a great proving ground, to see just how well you react, under fire, Christlike.
Like, how to deal with obvious heresy, respectfully, meekly, and love.
Yet, still:

Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.
1 Timothy 6:12 

Romans 12:18    If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

That's right Gary .     One thing I have seen and learned , is if folks love The LORD above all ,  then even if one might be in error , they hear and repent .   

To me so long as its truth its embraced .    IF the relationship is JESUS FIRST the pattern HE set and the apostels set being loved and embraced all correction comes as it should .

Something I learned ,  do simply as the SPIRIT leads and then what is done is done in truth and the SPIRIT really does lead those who belong to Christ .

Some know full well the names I have been called , yet I don't answer back with the same .  A man who loves Christ above all

can be at times seen as a hater because of their desire and true love to see the good for others , even if it costs them being seen as a hater .  THEY DO it and the bear

with whatever comes against them ,  and they do it with JOY and with the upmost desire they want to see no other head down any path that will cause them harm .

As paul once said , though the more abundantly I love the LESS I be loved .      For true love would desire none to perish , it would rebuke , it would correct , it would encourage

but it does all to ensure folks get built up and not deceived  .  

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

As long as the interpretation is Biblical and not occult I am ok with that. We can never comprise our faith and not know that Jesus Christ is God and our way to salvation. That He died on the cross. 

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  163
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,152
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

56 minutes ago, sugarbear said:

Very well put! Thanks for chiming in. ? I can remember when not so long ago I felt the need to be right... it was so important to me. And when you're going through that and it's happening to you, you don't see it the same as you do when you're looking back at it. You could not have told me at the time that I was doing anything wrong. I look back now and I'm like shaking my head. But that was part of my spiritual growth. I know that I don't have to be right now but at the same time I have the right to share my thoughts in a peaceful loving way. Where it didn't so much matter if I hurt somebody's feelings before It really really matters now. It may happen sometime accidentally but I sure never want it to. I prayed specifically for big Love and I'm just telling you that's exactly what God gave me for other people. Be careful what you pray for. ?

You know you're seeking truth when it becomes evident to you, and it's only by the Spirit, using His Word (1Cor 2:13); He being the Author of it (2Tim 3:16; 2Pet 1:21).

Blessings!

• Thumbs Up 1