is it wrong???

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  0

ok I don't know if this belongs in the Women's forum is it wrong to fanatasize about your future Christian husband???  I mean if you are going to wait until he finds you to marry him why can't you fantasize about his muscular chest & broad shoulders,  I hold my pillow at night & fantasize about being close to my future husband,  is that a sin????

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, shortangel said:

ok I don't know if this belongs in the Women's forum is it wrong to fanatasize about your future Christian husband???  I mean if you are going to wait until he finds you to marry him why can't you fantasize about his muscular chest & broad shoulders,  I hold my pillow at night & fantasize about being close to my future husband,  is that a sin????

It sounds like you are describing me.......sorry, dear......I am already spoken for

• Haha 3

• Followers:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

Just now, Blood Bought 1953 said:

It sounds like you are describing me.......sorry, dear......I am already spoken for

That was a total lie.....

• Haha 1

PromisesPromises that's so true i should focus on his heart condtion :)  blood bought i'm glad you are in a relationship with somebody, 

• Loved it! 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,803
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

First of all, what you are describing is normal.  You are not a deviant.

Well, here's the problems with fantasy.  I'm assuming at this point you are fantasizing about a hypothetical man - a man you have not met, but are dreaming of him as a future husband.

•  Fantasy never stays in the hypothetical place.  Soon - it may be men you see on TV, movies, or in real life that you substitute for this hypothetical man.
  •  Fantasy never stays in context of purity.  It just doesn't.  One day, the simple fantasy isn't enough -so the artificial scenarios become bolder and bolder.  Soon, the simple isn't so simple anymore and fantasizing about a hypothetical future husband turns into something that affects you spiritually - in a bad way.
  • You say you fantasize about a broad shoulder and muscular chest.  I'm sure you also have hair color and height and other factors in those moments.  What is your future husband looks NOTHING like that?  Will you have ruined the reality that could be so very special by creating a perfect man that doesn't exist?

Fantasy is a part of everyone's life.  Sexual, power-taking, revenge, exaltation of self, and all sorts of things.

So much of our fantasy is all the mental "do-overs" we play back in our heads.

Our minds should be disciplined and focused on the things that God wishes for us to be focused on.  Married people fantasizing about each other is perfectly sound and alright.

Married AND single people fantasizing about someone that they are not currently married to is a road to unhappiness. 

Is what you are doing a sin?  I can't say for certain.

What I am certain about is that it is the initial stepping stones to the broad path and ugly path of engaging in an improper mindset.  

Philippians 4 says to think on things that are true.  The hypothetical and future image of a man is not truthful.

Ask God to lead your mind into places where they should be.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

4 hours ago, shortangel said:

I guess you can daydream about your future husband. Daydreaming can be a form of escape. But what you daydream may turn out totally different than what God has planned for you. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

GOD gives the heart's desire as long as it does not arm us.As Paul says Pray about everything with out ceasing.

I live in the moment as a proverbs says dont worry about tomorrow today has enough of its own trouble.Jesus also said dont plan about where you shall go what profit you should make.

Totally 110% cast all your cares on Jesus and take your day dreaming to your secret place and Pray Pray Pray

Ask seek knock

GOD BLESS 

Edited by PaulnotSaul
Spelling
  • Thumbs Up 2

Amen I agree with everything said here :)

• 1 year later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 4/10/2019 at 2:01 AM, shortangel said:

Lusting is a sin. I think you should work on achieving that goal because fantasising about it will do no good. It will only bring more stress and strain to you.

thank you for answering my question,  been struggleing with this last night,  God bless you