Sign in to follow this  
James Redford

Hi, Everyone! I'm James Redford!

13 hours ago, James Redford said:

Hello to everyone on the Worthy Christian Forums! My name is James Redford, and I'm a Christian and an author of scholarly works whose research interests include analyzing the congruities between science, theology and sociology, particularly in relation to physicist and mathematician Prof. Frank J. Tipler's Omega Point cosmology and the Feynman-DeWitt-Weinberg quantum gravity/Standard Model Theory of Everything (TOE). Below one can see my curriculum vitæ in order to learn more about my writings on Christian theology:

* James Redford, "Curriculum Vitæ of James Redford", Mar. 3, 2015, ark:/13960/t6g19878v, https://archive.org/download/JamesRedford/Redford-Curriculum-Vitae.pdf , https://webcitation.org/77WJ1Lku1 .

I look forward to having conversations with people regarding the truth of Christianity on the Worthy Christian Forums!

Greetings James, I know you will enjoy yourself here. With regards to you writing papers, are you familiar with Marshall McLuhan?

• Praise God! 1

images.jpg.cda78a28a4a1370f5416ec1f523c8655.jpg 

On 4/10/2019 at 1:25 PM, BeauJangles said:

Welcome to Worthy, James. You now have enough posts to enter the general forums. Nice to have you. God bless!

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles

Thank you, BeauJangles! God bless you!

Posted (edited)
On 4/10/2019 at 1:29 PM, Denny78 said:

Greetings James, I know you will enjoy yourself here. With regards to you writing papers, are you familiar with Marshall McLuhan?

Hi, Denny78. I'm a bit familiar with Marshall McLuhan. I know that he was a Catholic interested in the ideas of Pierre Teilhard de Chardin's predicted global noosphere, or "thinking sphere", and the implications of advancing technology on mass-communications.

Edited by James Redford

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, James Redford said:

Hi, Denny78. I'm a bit familiar with Marshall McLuhan. I know that he was a Catholic interested in the idea's of Pierre Teilhard de Chardin's predicted global noosphere, or "thinking sphere", and the implications of advancing technology on mass-communications.

Marshall McLuhan predicted the advent of the World Wide Web back in 1964 amongst other things. 

His book The Medium is The Massage sums up the New Media Environments.

The Medium is the Massage

The Medium is the Message

The Medium is the MASS AGE

The Medium is the MESS AGE

Edited by Denny78

Hi, James... :)  Welcome to Worthy!

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Denny78 said:

Marshall McLuhan predicted the advent of the World Wide Web back in 1964 amongst other things. 

His book The Medium is The Massage sums up the New Media Environments.

The Medium is the Massage

The Medium is the Message

The Medium is the MASS AGE

The Medium is the MESS AGE

I've come across a number of interesting quotes of McLuhan. He seems to have had a knack for coming up with interesting quotables.

Edited by James Redford

9 minutes ago, PromisesPromises! said:

Hi, James... :)  Welcome to Worthy!

Hi, PromisesPromises!, and thank you!

• Thumbs Up 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Jona_is_a_true_believer
      Hey brothers and sisters,

Some time ago I posted my thoughts about a chatbot. The idea is to have a chatbot who answers questions of unbelievers about God.
      I have some spend some months building / training and testing and this chatbot is now online. I guess its now ready for some real input.

Of course the chatbot is far from perfect, is limited in knowledge and has a training program to become smarter. It is also artificial intelligent which is a great help when training it to become smarter.

Perhaps someone is interested in this idea to have a chatbot online to answer questions of unbelievers 24/7. Especially because I know Christian chat with real people are being overflooded with request and not everyone can be answered because of this. Also, on the website is a contact form to get in contact with real people or even visit us in the Jesus Café in Emmen (where I live) for a personal talk about God. So the chatbot also functions as a filter to filter those who are truly looking for God.
      I`m interested in your thoughts about this, perhaps you have some advice for me and perhaps you could ask it some new questions, so the chatbot can learn and be more wise. Based on your input last time I created a simple website with the chatbot on it. The chatbot is named 'Louis'. He is online on: www.chatbotlouis.com

Also if you think some answers are unbiblical or incorrect. Please inform me about this because of course I can learn from you as well :-)

If you like to be involved more frequently or join me, please inform me as well.

God bless you all,
      Jona
    • By East Sky
      Hey guys, I'm writing a new song called "I Am because He Is." 
      This song came about on Easter. I was thinking about Yeshua's death and rising again. And I came to me that I'm alive because Abba is alive. So this is the chorus, tell me what you think!
      Chorus 1
      I am because He is
      I'm alive because He's alive
      I can be satisfied
      Because of your sacrifice
      The stone was rolled away
      Now I can say
      I am because He is

• By Kaylee
      Hi! My name is Kaylee. I recently turned 20 and I've been a born again Christian since May 2017. I have several mental illnesses that are interfering with my daily life, and thanks to some PTSD related issues, it's hard for me to go to the store, work, even church. I'd like to meet new people in the same faith as me, seeing as the only Christians in my life are my mother and oldest brother. I started watching a tv show on Netflix called The Bible and it tells the stories in a way I can understand. It inspired me to find a good chat room/forum to find some friends I can discuss the Lord with. 
    • By Haррy Felix
      Hi all,
      It is my honor to have become one of your newest members. I decided to join two large Christian forums to find and offer inspiration from/to other Christians. Entering heavy disputes is not my strongest point, I prefer to seek the unity among Christians. On the day of my birth I was baptized in a Roman Catholic church. In one forum I saw Catholicism mentioned as a “sect”, but I hope for a more open-minded attitude here. In my daily life I get along extremely well with Christians of quite different denominations.
      Among things important for me as a Christian are: the continuous search for inspiration, both from within and from without; room for the mystery that, for me as a human being, is associated with Godly matters; and, as I said, the unity among Christians. I am worried about the negative approach to Christianity nowadays, and happy if I feel the presence of God. I worship Jesus Christ and think a lot of His suffering for us. For me, prayer is very important, as is meditation. If I make it empty in myself, the Spirit typically fills it. That is how I like to see it.
      The remainder of today I am bound to find little time for answering your reactions, but I sort of count on there being a tomorrow. In God I trust.
    • By Grzegorz
      Shalom beloved brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus, our merciful Lord and Savior, my name is Grzegorz, I'm 21 years old, from Poland, I was born in strict religious Roman Catholic family, and almost my entire life, I was following it. But since around 2017 I'm born again christian, I believe God has led me out of the darkness into the beautiful light of His everlasting mercy, I'm not identifying myself as catholic anymore, I love Jesus and I want to follow Him and fulfill His will. Holy is the Lord, God Almighty, the earth is filled with His glory.
      I love you all and I'm happy I can share a bit of myself here, if you wanna know more about myself or just chat, hit me with message :) 
      May Almighty God of Israel, bless you with endless love and happiness, and lead you to His everlasting Kingdom. Peace and love ❤️