• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,543
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

Shalom, brothers and sisters.

As one might note from my avatar, I believe that the New Jerusalem shall be a pyramid shaped city. Despite personal attacks, I can give adequate Scriptural proof for such a belief.

There are preliminary steps to this conclusion:

1. One must come to realize that the New Jerusalem is not going to be a satellite when it comes within range of the earth, but will indeed land upon the New Earth.

2. One must understand that the New Earth is simply the Old Earth with a make-over, just as this current "Old" Earth is the make-over of the Antediluvian Earth, that is, the Earth before the Flood of Noach's day.

3. The sun and moon are not destroyed, as many believe, but are rather just UNNECESSARY for the New Jerusalem only. They will still be necessary and extant for the New Earth.

4. The New Jerusalem is NOT the pattern for the Holy of Holies in either the Tabernacle or the first Temple. A "pattern" is simply a BLUEPRINT (2D), a TEMPLATE (2D), or a MODELING (3D) of what is to be constructed. There's absolutely NO evidence that Moses saw the New Jerusalem, which at best would have still been "under construction."

5. The Great Pyramid of Giza, constructed YEARS before the other, smaller, inferior pyramids in Egypt, was a model of the New Jerusalem in its relationship to the earth. Ideally, it was said to have been planned with a golden capstone which was NEVER placed. Originally encased in white marble, it would have been a beacon to all in the area of what God would design. It is said to be called "Enoch's Pillar," and was either constructed by Enoch (Chanokh) prior to the Flood, or perhaps constructed by Shem after the Flood. (More about this later.)

6. According to Arab traditions (and Yishma'el - which means "man with God," so named by Abraham, WAS the father of those called "Arabs" today), Adam prophesied of two catastrophes to come: one of water (the Flood) and one of fire (the Fire, just prior to the Great White Throne Judgment). To warn people of these catastrophes to come, two structures were built - one of stone and the other of red brick. That way, if the brick structure was destroyed by the water, the stone structure would survive. The wisdom of the ancients was written upon the outside of each structure. From evidence still found on the Great Pyramid at the time Sir William Matthew Flinders Petrie surveyed the structure, the Great Pyramid still had a red-pigmented paint applied to the white marble.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

2 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

As one might note from my avatar, I believe that the New Jerusalem shall be a pyramid shaped city. Despite personal attacks, I can give adequate Scriptural proof for such a belief.

From checking John's description of the New Jerusalem being 1,200 'stadia', and also as high as it is long. In other words, the modern day term: foursquare. Rev 21:15-17 This to me, would indicate a cube shape rather than pyramid. It would be difficult for me to think that God's plan for the Holy City would be taken from Egyptian design for some reason. Of course, I could be wrong and it wouldn't be my first mistake. God bless. 

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles 

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,599
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  2

"16 The city was laid out like a square, as long as it was wide. He measured the city with the rod and found it to be 12,000 stadia in length, and as wide and high as it is long."

There is no dispute that it's a cube. 12,000 stadia cubed.

Next New Jerusalem will be shaped like a hyperbolic parabola. smh.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

2 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

From checking John's description of the New Jerusalem being 1,200 'stadia', and also as high as it is long. In other words, the modern day term: foursquare. Rev 21:15-17 This to me, would indicate a cube shape rather than pyramid. It would be difficult for me to think that God's plan for the Holy City would be taken from Egyptian design for some reason. Of course, I could be wrong and it wouldn't be my first mistake. God bless. 

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles 

Shalom, BeauJangles (a.k.a., David).

Thank you for your response.

Well, this is a common misconception; so, it's not just you. First of all, "foursquare" doesn't mean "four squares" or "four square walls." It means "four square CORNERS." It's a TWO-DIMENSIONAL term, not a three-dimensional term. It doesn't refer to the whole structure; it refers to the structure's BASE!

A key word associated with the word "foursquare" is the word "LIETH." And, should there be any doubt, simply look at the Greek word so translated:

First, here's Revelation 21:15-17:

Revelation 21:15-17 (KJV)

15 And he that talked with me had a golden reed to measure the city, and the gates thereof, and the wall thereof. 16 And the city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal. 17 And he measured the wall thereof, an hundred and forty and four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of the angel.

Here's the Greek:

Apokalupsis Iooanou 21:15-17 (UBS Greek New Testament)

15 Kai ho laloon met' emou eichen metron kalamon chrusoun, hina metreesee teen polin kai tous puloonas autees kai to teichos autees. 16 Kai hee polis tetragoonos keitai, kai to meekos autees hoson [kai] to platos. Kai emetreesen teen polin too kalamoo epi stadioon doodeka chiliadoon; to meekos kai to platos kai to hupsos autees isa estin. 17 Kai emetreesen to teichos autees hekaton tesserakonta tessaroon peechoon, metron anthroopou, ho estin aggelou.

This translates literally to...

Revealing/Uncovering of-Yochanan (John) 21:15-17

15 And the-[one] [who]-talked with-me held a-measuring reed/tube of-gold, so that he-measured the city and the gates of-it and the wall of-it. 16 And the city four-cornered lies, and the length of-it like [also] the width. And he-measured the city with-the reed/tube upon/over/above stads twelve thousands; the length and the width and the height of-it equal are. 17 And he-measured the wall of-it one-hundred forty four forearms/cubits, measurement of-a-man, the is of-a-messenger.

According to Strong's Dictionary of the Greek Language, the adjective is...

5068 tetragoonos (tet-rah-go-nos). From tessares and goonia; four-cornered, i.e. Square -- foursquare.

And the verb is...

2749 keimai (ki-mahee). Middle voice of a primary verb; to lie outstretched (literally or figuratively) -- be (appointed, laid up, made, set), lay, lie. Compare titheemi.

Also, it's not that "God's plan for the Holy City would be taken from Egyptian design"; rather, it's that "God's plan for the Holy City was COPIED by Egyptian idolaters who formed the misusage of the pyramid!"

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

32 minutes ago, Diaste said:

"16 The city was laid out like a square, as long as it was wide. He measured the city with the rod and found it to be 12,000 stadia in length, and as wide and high as it is long."

There is no dispute that it's a cube. 12,000 stadia cubed.

Next New Jerusalem will be shaped like a hyperbolic parabola. smh.

Shalom, Diaste.

Sure, there is a dispute! There is NO proof from Scripture that it's a cube! The only thing that verse 16 is talking about is that the overall dimensions are 12,000 stadia x 12,000 stadia x 12,000 stadia., not that the walls have to follow the dimension directions! If you take those four "square" walls and angle them in toward the center, ... voila! You have a pyramid where all four walls meet in the middle at the pinnacle - the capstone - the "head stone of the corner!"

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  3,987
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

2 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, Diaste.

Sure, there is a dispute! There is NO proof from Scripture that it's a cube! The only thing that verse 16 is talking about is that the overall dimensions are 12,000 stadia x 12,000 stadia x 12,000 stadia., not that the walls have to follow the dimension directions! If you take those four "square" walls and angle them in toward the center, ... voila! You have a pyramid where all four walls meet in the middle at the pinnacle - the capstone - the "head stone of the corner!"

Wouldn't that cause the square walls to lose their "squareness" and become triangles?

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

One cannot place a cube on a sphere and it become stable.

But a pyramid placed on a sphere is stable.

The base is Foursquare, yet it's height equals a side of it's base.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  93
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Wow

6 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, Diaste.

Yes, a great many cities with great high walls have been constructed as pyramids. What, the angel that measured the thickness of the wall used a measuring device capable of penetrating the 4th dimension? 

I suppose the angel asked John to hold the tape while the angel removed some bricks to get to the inner part of the wall to measure the thickness.

So which ancient city had walls that were pyramid shaped? Must have been at least one.

Again, smh.

2 hours ago, Montana Marv said:

One cannot place a cube on a sphere and it become stable.

But a pyramid placed on a sphere is stable.

The base is Foursquare, yet it's height equals a side of it's base.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Amazing.