IGNORED

Why do so many Christians have an issue with those who discipline their kids?

• Group:  Newbie
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Recently I was excommunicated from my church and had the CPS called on me after I had disciplined my son for dabbling with the occult.  God is a loving father though he is also just which is why he has chosen to subject his children to eternal damnation for refusing to obey him and I do not want this to happen to my kids so I routinely administer strict punishments to my children when I catch them disobeying our lord.  People suggest that we are living under a new covenant than people did in the OT however I believe that we are obligated to not just keep the 10 commandments but others as well.  God did order his followers to stone disobedient children to death in the OT and while I do not care to spend life in prison I will deliver severe beatings to my children when I catch them playing with the Ouija board amongst ther things and I do this out of love. I guess I just take the Bible more seriously than most do and because of this people label me as a bad parent and are trying to have my kids taken away.  

• Praying! 2
  • Oy Vey! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,027
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I am truly sorry for your children...   and that's about all I probably should say....

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,803
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

You won't find one single person on this forum or any Bible forum that I participate on [a total of three] who will agree with your boasting of beating your children to the point of CPS being called and your twisting and abusing the Bible to support child abuse.

Why was the Ouija board in your house in the first place?

Personally, I think you are a troll just here to mock Christians.  But that's just me.

But just in case - no, the Bible does not teach and God did not command his followers to stone disobedient children.

From the law - in Deuteronomy 21 - an example was given of a couple with presumably an adult son who was a glutton, drunkard, rebellious to the point of not listening to the counsel of his parents, their discipline has not worked, their punishments have not worked, and he is incorrigible.  

Yes, the law for ancients Israelites said to have the elders stone a man like that.

Nowhere in the Bible does it teach parents of young children - or even teenagers going through angst - to stone them, beat them to the point of having authorities called, or killing them.

Edited by Jayne
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  30

Eph 6:4 NKJV  And you, fathers, do not provoke your children to wrath, but bring them up in the training and admonition of the Lord.

I have used such a situation for a teaching opportunity explaining the reason it is best to avoid such things.  Later when they asked me if I would like to join them, I told them that I just don't feel comfortable doing that.  Both our sons chose then to destroy the objects.  They also learned something about how God speaks to us and guides us.  

Col 3:15  And let the peace (soul harmony which comes) from Christ rule (act as umpire continually) in your hearts [deciding and settling with finality all questions that arise in your minds, in that peaceful state] to which as [members of Christ's] one body you were also called [to live]. And be thankful (appreciative), [giving praise to God always].

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  3

On 4/10/2019 at 8:25 AM, Mattley said:

Recently I was excommunicated from my church and had the CPS called on me after I had disciplined my son for dabbling with the occult.  God is a loving father though he is also just which is why he has chosen to subject his children to eternal damnation for refusing to obey him and I do not want this to happen to my kids so I routinely administer strict punishments to my children when I catch them disobeying our lord.  People suggest that we are living under a new covenant than people did in the OT however I believe that we are obligated to not just keep the 10 commandments but others as well.  God did order his followers to stone disobedient children to death in the OT and while I do not care to spend life in prison I will deliver severe beatings to my children when I catch them playing with the Ouija board amongst ther things and I do this out of love. I guess I just take the Bible more seriously than most do and because of this people label me as a bad parent and are trying to have my kids taken away.  

It could be that you are a Christian Forum Troll.

Hard to tell from this distance.......however, as you can see, you have created a stir around here.

The reason is not because 99% of the believers here, disagree with "spanking" or "time out" or some sort of necessary discipline applied if a child needs it.

But where you caused us to become concerned about your children, and you, is when you defined the discipline as "severe beating" and qualified and justified what sounds more like child abuse then discipline, by claiming the right to do what you are doing because of something you read in the Old Testament.

So, my advice, to you, before you end up in prison, and your children end up dead or worse, ... emotionally and mentally ruined for life, is that you consider prayerfully that the New Testament is how the God you spoke about is now dealing with US, and YOU, and that is with mercy, love, understanding, and discipline that is not going to ruin a mind or a life,.... and adjust your thinking, your theology, and your behavior towards the Children that GOD allowed you to have, so that what you do with them and for them, ONLY and ALWAYS reflects Jesus and His Behavior and His Love..

B

Edited by Behold

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

On 4/10/2019 at 12:49 PM, other one said:

I am truly sorry for your children...   and that's about all I probably should say....

Heres one thing you can be sure of ......it will come back to haunt him.....those kids will be nowhere to be found when this misguided soul is old and feeble and needs their help.....It ain’t Biblical, but “ what goes around, comes around” You can take that to the bank.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.84
  • Days Won:  226

Beating your children is wrong. Abuse is wrong. You will have to answer to God.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

On 4/10/2019 at 11:25 PM, Mattley said:

I will deliver severe beatings to my children

While i respect the right of Bible believing parents to apply corporal punishment upon their kids it must be within reason..  Delivering severe beatings is not to my conscience within reason.. I hope the LORD moves you to temper your seemingly severe judgements to the minimum required..

Going beyond what is wise and into the extreme often leads to Children growing up to rebel to the extreme.. 

Mattley may the Holy Spirit guide you and may you be willing to follow His moving..

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,296
  • Content Per Day:  1.73

On 10 April 2019 at 2:25 PM, Mattley said:

I was excommunicated from my church

I routinely administer strict punishments to my children when I catch them disobeying our lord.

I believe that we are obligated to not just keep the 10 commandments but others as well. 

I will deliver severe beatings to my children when I catch them playing with the Ouija board amongst ther things and I do this out of love.

people label me as a bad parent and are trying to have my kids taken away. 

5 statements that I think need comments/replies.

'excommunicated'- this is not a quick process, it does not worry you that your church family hastaken a drastic step of church discipline?

'routinly administer strict punishment'- two words that concern me, 'routinly' and 'strict'. To me this suggest that your children are not put off by punishment and that your punishment does not reflect the sin committed.

'severe beatings'- again is the punishment proportional to there age/understanding and the offence/sin. As has been asked why is there an ouija board in your house?

Entrapment is not an act of love.

'label' and 'excomunication' - routinly and severe beatings' are words that will cause any loving parrent to wonder about your parental skills. That you are facing the loss of your children should make you think. Yess government agencies do not regard the bible as authoritive, but even your church family think you are extreme and abusive, is that not why the very people who should be supporting you, have thrown you out.

May I suggest that you, if you want to keep your children, repent and talk to your pastor. Together with his help you will be able to change your parenting style and convince the authorities that you are a responcible parent.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Birthday:  04/20/1980

I'm against any corporal punishment of a child.

Actually, I'm against all sorts of violence against children.

Solomon said it's wise to use the rod according to my interpretation of Proverbs 13:24. However, in Ecclesiastes 8:16-17 the same Solomon pointed out that the pursuit of wisdom is foolish.

8 hours ago, Who me said:

Entrapment is not an act of love.

Amen Who me, very well pointed out with regard to the ouija board.

8 hours ago, Who me said:

two words that concern me, 'routinly' and 'strict'. To me this suggest that your children are not put off by punishment

very well pointed out.

15 hours ago, PromisesPromises! said:

Mattley, if children are raised in a home where they must live in fear of the wrath and abuse of their own father, how will they ever learn to relate to a Heavenly Father who claims to love them

Amen, very well said.

16 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Abuse is wrong.

This is a very good use of vocabulary in this case, I think. Jayne also used that word. Comparing his family to a situation in which children get stoned... this is where the abuse started, I think. Today, there is a right to life.

20 hours ago, Behold said:

before [...] your children end up [...] emotionally and mentally ruined for life, is that you consider prayerfully [...] discipline that is not going to ruin a mind or a life,.

that's the point, Behold. Very well said.

On 4/10/2019 at 11:24 PM, Jayne said:

the Bible does not teach and God did not command his followers to stone disobedient children

of course not. Thank you.

Regards,

Thomas