IGNORED

Sanity check?

I had a conversation with someone who i had assumed is an atheist. Fine. I like to get people talking. This is how it went. I am very direct i have to say, polite but i don't waste words. Life being too short. 

So, you are an atheist? 

No! Not at all.

Oh do forgive me. So what do believe? 

I am a christian. 

Ah. How do you define that? 

I have a christian attitude. I help people. Do good. 

Do you know what a christian is? 

Oh that is up to each person surely? 

No. Actually a christian is he who accepts and has faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour. That He came and died for you and all of us on the Cross and that the Bible is the true Word of God.

Well that is your view only. 

Er no. Jesus makes it clear. I am the only Way to the Father he stated. 

So you are saying only those who believe in Jesus shall go to heaven? That is unfair. Who are you to impose your view about that. 

It's not my view. It is written in the Bible. What part do you find unclear exactly?

Oh now you are being aggressive. 

Well, not really. It is your choice. Not mine or God's. He is here and loves you. But you choose Him or the devil. 

And so on. Ending up with this person walking off but me not backing down either. Why should i? To me it is clear and easy. Where is the confusion. You either do or don't believe in Jesus. But people cannot depend on good works to get them into heaven if they choose to deny Christ. In that case just say so. 

Am i right? Too direct? Wrong? What?  Who is deluding themselves? 

Edited by Melinda12

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  679
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  0

I believe you did well based upon the words. In impossible to know "tone" in what you are giving but as you stated it was in polite conversation. Many do not like the directness of God's word, but our Lord was not and is not a God of compromise. Many into today's world want to be believe in "situational ethics" and not in what scripture actually says. It's more of what feels good to them or what is acceptable to many without causing waves and what allows them compromises in their own lives. Others will take an aggressive stance in what they believe the Bible says which can be in error and place religion before truth but when the scripture is there in black and white it is hard to ignore or deny. So hopefully you gave this person something to think about. When speaking to someone if possible I try to leave an open door for further discussion but do try to leave a seed of thought with them. If possible I don't alienate but also don't compromise when it comes to actual scripture. I unfortunately often find myself in conflict with others based on their own threshing instruments of God's word instead of over actual scripture.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,397
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

You seemed fine in your responses to me. Looks like the other person believes in Christianity without Christ, which isn't much of a Christianity at all.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Brilliant! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1

Seeker sensitivity is a result of the church not standing on the scriptures and the love of God. We can have truth and not love but we cannot love without truth. The world will hate those who believe. The wonderful comfort we have enjoyed in the west because of the influence of scripture and Greek reasonability in critical thinking has disappeared in many quarters especially education. Things will get tougher over time for believers in the west and at some point overnight becoming very difficult. 

Much of the church is suffering in the world. The west is putting up a cultural fight but we will see. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

Miss Melinda, it's always good to spread the good news: however, the good Lord gave all of us free will and that will allow a variety of view points and interpretations on faith. Say what you will and stand strong in your belief and don't get discouraged if your view doesn't get accepted. God bless!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

10 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

I had a conversation with someone who i had assumed is an atheist. Fine. I like to get people talking. This is how it went. I am very direct i have to say, polite but i don't waste words. Life being too short. 

So, you are an atheist? 

No! Not at all.

Oh do forgive me. So what do believe? 

I am a christian. 

Ah. How do you define that? 

I have a christian attitude. I help people. Do good. 

Do you know what a christian is? 

Oh that is up to each person surely? 

No. Actually a christian is he who accepts and has faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour. That He came and died for you and all of us on the Cross and that the Bible is the true Word of God.

Well that is your view only. 

Er no. Jesus makes it clear. I am the only Way to the Father he stated. 

So you are saying only those who believe in Jesus shall go to heaven? That is unfair. Who are you to impose your view about that. 

It's not my view. It is written in the Bible. What part do you find unclear exactly?

Oh now you are being aggressive. 

Well, not really. It is your choice. Not mine or God's. He is here and loves you. But you choose Him or the devil. 

And so on. Ending up with this person walking off but me not backing down either. Why should i? To me it is clear and easy. Where is the confusion. You either do or don't believe in Jesus. But people cannot depend on good works to get them into heaven if they choose to deny Christ. In that case just say so. 

Am i right? Too direct? Wrong? What?  Who is deluding themselves? 

You are RIGHT .    And we must stand firm in the truth and do all to have pointed to JESUS ALONE as savoir .     This seeker friendly stuff destroyed the churches real bad .

Look at how adamant gays are , or those who defend abortion are ,     YET we supposed to just sit and be silent and hug folks . WRONG again .

WE better all get up and SOUND IT OUT that ONLY JESUS saves and their is no other hope , ONLY CHRIST .     Its going to offend many  , but to those who hear  and receive IT , its going to save .

The bottom line is , its life or death and their is no middle ground . AND if we have the LOVE that comes from GOD , which desires none to perish ,

THEN WE GONNA POINT to the ONLY ONE who can save them and ensure they wont perish .

Edited by frienduff thaylorde
  • Thumbs Up 2

9 hours ago, pinacled said:

I once a had a very similar conversation with A stranger about the Truth of Yeshua(Jesus being the only way.

And to this day I am grateful to the Lord for that conversation.

Amen, 

Exactly .    WE HEARD THE True pure Gosple and we happy we heard it .    its a rock of offense to the disobedient , but unto those who believe HE IS PRESCIOUS .

PUT those hands up Pinacled ,  you know what comes next ,  AND PRAISE THE LORD and let the LORD BE PRAISED .   GLORY HALLELUJAH and PRAISE THE HOLY LORD .

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

9 hours ago, Zemke said:

Seeker sensitivity is a result of the church not standing on the scriptures and the love of God. We can have truth and not love but we cannot love without truth. The world will hate those who believe. The wonderful comfort we have enjoyed in the west because of the influence of scripture and Greek reasonability in critical thinking has disappeared in many quarters especially education. Things will get tougher over time for believers in the west and at some point overnight becoming very difficult. 

Much of the church is suffering in the world. The west is putting up a cultural fight but we will see. 

Folks we going to get up now and fight for the true faith that was once delivered unto the saints .      I plan on going out as I came in ,  JESUS ONLY SAVES .

Knowing full well that in shorter time than we realize this is going to cost many of us Everything .    But if have the true love that comes from GOD

which desires that none perish ,  then we aint going to be pointing anyone to Rome and rick warrens and scores of others all inclusive lie .

WE going to be pointing and saying , WITH TRUE intensity , for we believe DEEP IN OUR HEART that JESUS IS THE ONLY WAY . BEING fully persuaded

that IN HE alone is life and all else is but death and awaits the second death .   THIS IS REAL and its SERIOUS .  JESUS ONLY SAVES and THUS IT IS HE ALONE

that must be preached and sounded out and makning no apologies , but rather ever more proclaiming HE ALONE SAVES .   

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, pinacled said:

When I read and heard ole sh'aul/Paul preach about love and clanging.

I Heard him in the spirit saying,"without Yeshua/Jesus, love is void of life"

Glory, to the Lord.

That's right .  And any love that is void of life , IS NO LOVE .   

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  30

Someone once told me that what they hear is that we are rejecting them.  Only God can open their ears to the truth.  But I probably would have said the same thing as you.  In fact, I told a friend that her argument is not with me but with God.  How's that for direct?  Even when she agrees with me satan snatches the truth away from her.  So I remain a friend to her and take her calls, having prayed for her for years.