• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  5

16 minutes ago, Willa said:

Someone once told me that what they hear is that we are rejecting them.  Only God can open their ears to the truth.  But I probably would have said the same thing as you.  In fact, I told a friend that her argument is not with me but with God.  How's that for direct?  Even when she agrees with me satan snatches the truth away from her.  So I remain a friend to her and take her calls, having prayed for her for years.  

You now have Two people praying for your friend

• Thumbs Up 1

I am glad for support from you here that know the truth. The Bible is the truth, Jesus Christ the name abive all names. I hate how this world still denies Him, how Christianity is dumbed down, diluted and tailored to people's own versions. 

This person i argued with is a peculiar character. He does good works, yet rarely even enters our church. He keeps the grounds tidy etc. Turns up at the odd big event. He does not belong to the weekly congregation, does not sing hymns nor take communion. Tells me he thinks the Bible was written by men who wish to control us! Does not believe in Christ. 

But he regards himself a christian. This privately enrages me. So i kept my voice quiet and calm but i held firm. I increasingly cannot be doing with nonsense. Jesus died for us, i am not going to stay silent as His name and all He gave us is denied by fools.  One day we shall each face Him - i cannot wait! Many will know that they made a grave error in dismissing Him. All our eternal destinies depend upon how we conducted ourselves whilst we had the chance. 

Jesus was crystal clear. He is the only way to the Father. All pride needs to evaporate, we must throw ourselves at His feet and ask mercy. I do every day for i am a wretched sinner. Worthless yet so grateful. Lucky, so lucky to know the truth of Christ. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,272
  • Content Per Day:  1.73
  • Days Won:  0

On 11 April 2019 at 8:15 AM, Melinda12 said:

This person i argued with is a peculiar character. He does good works, yet rarely even enters our church.

Tells me he thinks the Bible was written by men who wish to control us! Does not believe in Christ.

But he regards himself a christian..

May I suggest next time you talk with him, that you ask if the bible is mans invention how do we know about Jesus?

What  makes one a follower of Jesus, that is a Christ-ian?

How does he know that the bible was written by men to control us?

What does he understand is the free gift of God to us?