Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Retrobyter

Calculations about the New Jerusalem

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, JustPassingThru said:

...

Not to change the subject, but I have to ask, you're avatar has raised my curiosity, ...do you know the difference between a pyramid and a cube? Rev 21:16, 17    

Shalom, JustPassingThru.

This warranted another, separate post.

Of course I know the difference between a pyramid and a cube, better than most because I'm a mathematician!

Revelation 21:16-17 do NOT say that the city is in the shape of a cube. Quite to the contrary, Yochanan said,

Revelation 21:16-17 (KJV)

16 And the city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal. 17 And he measured the wall thereof, an hundred and forty and four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of the angel.

The Greek of these two verses is...

Apokalupsis Iooannou 21:16-17 (UBS Greek New Testament)

16 Kai hee polis tetragoonos keitai, kai to meekos autees hodon [kai] to platos. Kai emetreesen teen polin too kalamoo epi stadioon doodeka chiliadoon; to meekos kai to platos kai to hupsos autees isa estin. 17 Kai emetreesen to teichos autees hekaton tesserakonta tessaroon peechoon, metron anthroopou, ho estin aggelou.

This translates word-for-word to ...

Revealing by-Yochanan 21:16-17

16 And/also the city four-angled lies, and/also the length of-it same [and/also] the width. And he-measured the city with-the reed-tube upon/above/over stadios/stads twelve thousands; the length and the width and the height of-it equal are. 17 And he-measured the wall of-it one-hundred forty four forearms/cubits, measured by-a-man, the/that is by-a-messenger.

"The city LIES four-angled"; that is, it covers a square area! The Roman stad or stadium can still be measured today by the milestones all over Europe left there since the days of the Roman Empire. They measure on average 607.142222... feet. 12,000 of these stads would be

12,000 stads x 607.142222... ft/stad / 5280 ft/mile = 1,379.868686... miles.

Yochanan gives us the fact that this distance is the same for the length, the width, and the height of the city. HOWEVER, again, this does NOT mean that the city is a cube! We can give the length, width and height of ANY such structure!

For instance, the Empire State Building in New York City has a length and width of 281.6 feet each (79,288 square feet) and a height of 1,454 feet, 8-9/16 inches. However, none of that says anything about its shape!

It just happens that the measurements of THIS city, the New Jerusalem, are all the same for length, width and height.

One must realize, however, that a city 1,379.87 miles long, wide, and high would be compromised by the curvature of the earth, if the kings of the earth are going to bring their glory and honor into the city through the gates. (Rev. 21:25-27.) Furthermore, we know that the city will be aligned with north since it will have three gates on each side of the city facing the four compass directions. (Rev. 21:13.)

Assuming the New Earth (the Third Earth) will have similar dimensions to this present Earth (the Second Earth), since the Antediluvian Earth (the First Earth) before the Flood had similar dimensions to the present earth (the Second Earth), then one can assume that the New Earth will also be approximately 24,902 miles in circumference around the equator. That means that the New Jerusalem will cover 1,379.87 miles / 24,902 miles x 360 degrees = 19.948 degrees of the earth's circumference! That means that "down" in the middle of one side of the city would be almost 20 degrees different than "down" in the middle of the opposite side of the city! When we think that the height of the city would most likely be measured from the middle of the city's base to the top of the city, that means that the walls on all four sides would be angled in toward the center of the city by about 10 degrees!

IF the city were truly a cube, then it wouldn't look like one from ground level ANYWHERE around it! Only from a GREAT distance away could one see its shape to be that of a cube! Even then, the curvature of the earth would confuse the observer.

IF the city were actually a pyramid, it can STILL have the dimensions being equal, but its own shape would provide additional stability to the structure. Furthermore, there are a SIGNIFICANT number of Scriptural clues that suggest a pyramid. For instance, the stone "cut out of the mountain" growing into a "mountain that fills the earth" suggests a pyramidal shape in Daniel's interpretation of Nebuchadnezzar's dream. Another instance, Yeshua` is called the "cornerstone" or more accurately "the head stone of the corner" or "the chief stone of the angle" - a "CAPSTONE!" In Psalm 118:22-26 we read,

Psalm 118:22-26 (KJV)

22 The stone which the builders refused is become the head stone of the corner.
23 This is the LORD'S doing; it is marvellous in our eyes.
24 This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.
25 Save now, I beseech thee (Hebrew: yhowshiya` na' = Greek: hosanna), O LORD: O LORD, I beseech thee, send now prosperity.
26 Blessed be he that cometh in the name of the LORD: we have blessed you out of the house of the LORD.

Verse 22 is a BEAUTIFUL picture of the builders of a pyramid refusing a stone from the quarry only to realize with chagrin that it would be PERFECT for the capstone!

It's called in prophecy, "the mountain of the LORD'S house." Aren't mountains usually peaked?

In other prophecies, the mountain Zion and the city Jerusalem are EQUATED! I.e.,
the mountain Zion = the city Jerusalem! I'd say a building 1,379+ miles high would be considered a "mountain," wouldn't you? Mount Everest is only 5.5 miles high!

There are MANY other verses I could show that suggest the city is pyramidal in shape, rather than cubical.

Furthermore, as a three-dimensional city, it makes sense that the foundations of the city are FOUNDATIONAL LAYERS or FLOORS of the city, each one supporting more of the city above!

Once again, I've waxed eloquent. Hopefully, it was not in vain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL, LOL, LOL!!!

You talk as if you know for certain the future! LOL

Here's the logical problem with your verbose diatribe, ...Yes the the floor is a square and the length, width and the height are ALL the same, about 1,500 miles, ...but here's what your mathematical mind overlooked:

The walls are 1,500 miles long at the base, ....get ready, it's coming, ....................AND AT TOP TOO!!!

It's a CUBE, ...just like the Holiest of Holies in the Tabernacle and Solomon's Temple,

Oh yeah, don't forget, ...God instructed Moses to construct the Tabernacle just like he had seen in Heaven, ...Moses saw a CUBE in Heaven , Acts 7:44, Heb 8:5, Exo 26:30, ..........not a pyramid!!!

The tabernacle of witness was among our fathers in the wilderness, as commanded by God, speaking to Moses to make it according to the pattern that he had seen.  Acts 7:44

...who serve the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was warned of God when he was about to make the tabernacle. For, He says "See that you make all things according to the pattern shown to you in the mountain."  Heb 8:5

And you shall rear up the tabernacle according to the pattern of it which was shown you in the mountain.  Exo 26:30

 

Compromise the curvature of the earth, ...again, words without knowledge, ...a cube of that magnitude, about the size of the Moon, wouldn't compromise the curvature of the earth by resting on it, ...it's mass would cause the earth to start to wobble because it's unbalanced, which would cause it to self destruct, ...God creates a New Heaven and a New Earth that will self destruct, LOL, ...obviously the New Earth is much larger that this present one, ...so why not put your mathematical mind to calculating the weight of an approximate 1,500 mile cube and determine the diameter of the New Earth that would support it, ...that's not guess work, that's actual mathematical fact, ...then you would be waxing eloquently! 

  • Praise God! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, JustPassingThru.

This warranted another, separate post.

Of course I know the difference between a pyramid and a cube, better than most because I'm a mathematician!

Revelation 21:16-17 do NOT say that the city is in the shape of a cube. Quite to the contrary, Yochanan said,

Revelation 21:16-17 (KJV)

16 And the city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal. 17 And he measured the wall thereof, an hundred and forty and four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of the angel.

The Greek of these two verses is...

Apokalupsis Iooannou 21:16-17 (UBS Greek New Testament)

16 Kai hee polis tetragoonos keitai, kai to meekos autees hodon [kai] to platos. Kai emetreesen teen polin too kalamoo epi stadioon doodeka chiliadoon; to meekos kai to platos kai to hupsos autees isa estin. 17 Kai emetreesen to teichos autees hekaton tesserakonta tessaroon peechoon, metron anthroopou, ho estin aggelou.

This translates word-for-word to ...

Revealing by-Yochanan 21:16-17

16 And/also the city four-angled lies, and/also the length of-it same [and/also] the width. And he-measured the city with-the reed-tube upon/above/over stadios/stads twelve thousands; the length and the width and the height of-it equal are. 17 And he-measured the wall of-it one-hundred forty four forearms/cubits, measured by-a-man, the/that is by-a-messenger.

"The city LIES four-angled"; that is, it covers a square area! The Roman stad or stadium can still be measured today by the milestones all over Europe left there since the days of the Roman Empire. They measure on average 607.142222... feet. 12,000 of these stads would be

12,000 stads x 607.142222... ft/stad / 5280 ft/mile = 1,379.868686... miles.

Yochanan gives us the fact that this distance is the same for the length, the width, and the height of the city. HOWEVER, again, this does NOT mean that the city is a cube! We can give the length, width and height of ANY such structure!

For instance, the Empire State Building in New York City has a length and width of 281.6 feet each (79,288 square feet) and a height of 1,454 feet, 8-9/16 inches. However, none of that says anything about its shape!

It just happens that the measurements of THIS city, the New Jerusalem, are all the same for length, width and height.

One must realize, however, that a city 1,379.87 miles long, wide, and high would be compromised by the curvature of the earth, if the kings of the earth are going to bring their glory and honor into the city through the gates. (Rev. 21:25-27.) Furthermore, we know that the city will be aligned with north since it will have three gates on each side of the city facing the four compass directions. (Rev. 21:13.)

Assuming the New Earth (the Third Earth) will have similar dimensions to this present Earth (the Second Earth), since the Antediluvian Earth (the First Earth) before the Flood had similar dimensions to the present earth (the Second Earth), then one can assume that the New Earth will also be approximately 24,902 miles in circumference around the equator. That means that the New Jerusalem will cover 1,379.87 miles / 24,902 miles x 360 degrees = 19.948 degrees of the earth's circumference! That means that "down" in the middle of one side of the city would be almost 20 degrees different than "down" in the middle of the opposite side of the city! When we think that the height of the city would most likely be measured from the middle of the city's base to the top of the city, that means that the walls on all four sides would be angled in toward the center of the city by about 10 degrees!

IF the city were truly a cube, then it wouldn't look like one from ground level ANYWHERE around it! Only from a GREAT distance away could one see its shape to be that of a cube! Even then, the curvature of the earth would confuse the observer.

IF the city were actually a pyramid, it can STILL have the dimensions being equal, but its own shape would provide additional stability to the structure. Furthermore, there are a SIGNIFICANT number of Scriptural clues that suggest a pyramid. For instance, the stone "cut out of the mountain" growing into a "mountain that fills the earth" suggests a pyramidal shape in Daniel's interpretation of Nebuchadnezzar's dream. Another instance, Yeshua` is called the "cornerstone" or more accurately "the head stone of the corner" or "the chief stone of the angle" - a "CAPSTONE!" In Psalm 118:22-26 we read,

Psalm 118:22-26 (KJV)

22 The stone which the builders refused is become the head stone of the corner.
23 This is the LORD'S doing; it is marvellous in our eyes.
24 This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.
25 Save now, I beseech thee (Hebrew: yhowshiya` na' = Greek: hosanna), O LORD: O LORD, I beseech thee, send now prosperity.
26 Blessed be he that cometh in the name of the LORD: we have blessed you out of the house of the LORD.

Verse 22 is a BEAUTIFUL picture of the builders of a pyramid refusing a stone from the quarry only to realize with chagrin that it would be PERFECT for the capstone!

It's called in prophecy, "the mountain of the LORD'S house." Aren't mountains usually peaked?

In other prophecies, the mountain Zion and the city Jerusalem are EQUATED! I.e.,
the mountain Zion = the city Jerusalem! I'd say a building 1,379+ miles high would be considered a "mountain," wouldn't you? Mount Everest is only 5.5 miles high!

There are MANY other verses I could show that suggest the city is pyramidal in shape, rather than cubical.

Furthermore, as a three-dimensional city, it makes sense that the foundations of the city are FOUNDATIONAL LAYERS or FLOORS of the city, each one supporting more of the city above!

Once again, I've waxed eloquent. Hopefully, it was not in vain.

Cube or pyramid really wouldn't be any different concerning the curvature of the earth surface....     and the new heaven and earth could not have the same physics laws for something that size whether cube or not would cause the earth to warble and probably tear itself apart....    we won't have a sun for God himself will furnish the light as I understand it.....    making our entire solar system different.

I don't think we should compare anything concerning the new and old earth or Jerusalem. 

  • Praise God! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, JustPassingThru said:

LOL, LOL, LOL!!!

You talk as if you know for certain the future! LOL

Here's the logical problem with your verbose diatribe, ...Yes the the floor is a square and the length, width and the height are ALL the same, about 1,500 miles, ...but here's what your mathematical mind overlooked:

The walls are 1,500 miles long at the base, ....get ready, it's coming, ....................AND AT TOP TOO!!!

It's a CUBE, ...just like the Holiest of Holies in the Tabernacle and Solomon's Temple,

Oh yeah, don't forget, ...God instructed Moses to construct the Tabernacle just like he had seen in Heaven, ...Moses saw a CUBE in Heaven , Acts 7:44, Heb 8:5, Exo 26:30, ..........not a pyramid!!!

The tabernacle of witness was among our fathers in the wilderness, as commanded by God, speaking to Moses to make it according to the pattern that he had seen.  Acts 7:44

...who serve the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was warned of God when he was about to make the tabernacle. For, He says "See that you make all things according to the pattern shown to you in the mountain."  Heb 8:5

And you shall rear up the tabernacle according to the pattern of it which was shown you in the mountain.  Exo 26:30

 

Compromise the curvature of the earth, ...again, words without knowledge, ...a cube of that magnitude, about the size of the Moon, wouldn't compromise the curvature of the earth by resting on it, ...it's mass would cause the earth to start to wobble because it's unbalanced, which would cause it to self destruct, ...God creates a New Heaven and a New Earth that will self destruct, LOL, ...obviously the New Earth is much larger that this present one, ...so why not put your mathematical mind to calculating the weight of an approximate 1,500 mile cube and determine the diameter of the New Earth that would support it, ...that's not guess work, that's actual mathematical fact, ...then you would be waxing eloquently! 

Shalom, JustPassingThru.

I'm glad I was so entertaining.

You said, "The walls are 1,500 miles long at the base, ....get ready, it's coming, ....................AND AT TOP TOO!!!" Oh? And, you know this by ... what? Special revelation? Nothing is said about the "top of the wall" in the text! Indeed, nothing is said about a roof or the top being open, either!

People have claimed "It's a CUBE, ...just like the Holiest of Holies in the Tabernacle and Solomon's Temple" for centuries! But, again, THERE'S NO PROOF!

Acts 7:44 (KJV)

44 Our fathers had the tabernacle of witness in the wilderness, as he had appointed, speaking unto Moses, that he should make it according to the fashion that he had seen.

Hebrews 8:1-5 (KJV)

1 Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens; 2 A minister of the sanctuary, and of the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, and not man. 3 For every high priest is ordained to offer gifts and sacrifices: wherefore it is of necessity that this man have somewhat also to offer. 4 For if he were on earth, he should not be a priest, seeing that there are priests that offer gifts according to the law: 5 Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, that thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the mount.

Exodus 26:30 (KJV)

30 And thou shalt rear up the tabernacle according to the fashion thereof which was shewed thee in the mount.

Moses was shown a BLUEPRINT of what he was to build, and it was shown to him on the Mount Sinai! It does NOT mean that it was patterned after anything in some fictional place called "Heaven!" There's no mention of him seeing ANYTHING that was in "Heaven," let alone a "CUBE!" It's truly amazing how often assumptions get thrown into the mix as though they were "Gospel truth!"

Furthermore, what I SAID AND MEANT was that a "cube would be compromised BY the curvature of the earth!" The gravitational field of the earth is directly affected by the mass of the earth. Therefore, one cannot begin to know how "heavy" an object would be without knowing first the mass of the earth to calculate the force due to gravity!

And yet, the amount of mass between the Second Earth and its Second Atmosphere will not have changed an iota to form the Third Earth and its Third Atmosphere (its Third "Heaven" or its Third Sky). While the burning process converts forms of mass into other forms of mass, the stoichiometry of such a conversion shows that all of the atoms of the combustible materials are still present in the products after the combustion! Thus, all of the mass is still the same; the amount of mass has not changed, and therefore the size of the New Earth and New Sky should be fairly identical to the size of the Second Earth and Second Sky.

In the process of burning glucose, for instance, the chemical exchange would be...

C6H12O6 + 6O2 --> 6H2O + 6CO2.

We started with 6 atoms of carbon (C), 12 atoms of hydrogen (H), and 18 atoms of oxygen (O), and the products after the arrow (-->) still have 6 atoms of carbon, 12 atoms of hydrogen and 18 atoms of oxygen. They are merely rearranged!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My two cents. The holy city will be a cube. Satan likes it to be a pyramid. I’m no mathematician, but the Bible seems to lay out a giant cube. Interesting. It really shouldn’t matter to us either way, except we must believe what God says and forget our preconceived notions on anything. He does it His way. Great news!  My way sucks. 

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, other one said:

Cube or pyramid really wouldn't be any different concerning the curvature of the earth surface....     and the new heaven and earth could not have the same physics laws for something that size whether cube or not would cause the earth to warble and probably tear itself apart....    we won't have a sun for God himself will furnish the light as I understand it.....    making our entire solar system different. 

I don't think we should compare anything concerning the new and old earth or Jerusalem. 


Yes it sure looks like it will be stable with the four corners and stationary and not spinning at incredible speeds throughout the galaxies

 

  • Praise God! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 1to3 said:


Yes it sure looks like it will be stable with the four corners and stationary and not spinning at incredible speeds throughout the galaxies

 

considering we experience things relatively it wouldn't matter if it moved or not....   we wouldn't notice it...   no more than we notice it now..   and I am not sure there will be galaxies.....    is he going to destroy all of the universe or just planet earth????     I really don't know.   And it's kind of exciting waiting to see how it will all come together.

  • Praise God! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/7/2019 at 6:29 PM, JustPassingThru said:

I've read what you wrote, it's just vain imaginations of the flesh, ...cantankerous, no, ...just shinning a light into the darkness!

Please answer this high school geometry question with just ONE word!

What is an object with a square base and 4 equal sides,  and the base and all sides are equal measurements called?

A. Sphere

B. Cube

C. Pyramid 

BZZZZZZ!!! Trick question! Actually, B and C are BOTH correct answers to your question.

A cube is "an object with a square base" and it has "4 equal sides," each one also being a square. And, a regular, right, square pyramid also is "an object with a square base" and it, too, has "4 equal sides," each one being an isosceles triangle.

Furthermore ALL THREE - the sphere, the cube, and the pyramid - can have "the base and all sides are equal measurements" in the three dimensions! If the center of the sphere is located at the origin then the three axes - the x-axis, the y-axis, and the z-axis - will all be the same length! If the center of the cube is located at the origin, then the three axes - the x-axis, the y-axis, and the z-axis - would also be the same length! Indeed, the sphere will fit inside the cube, touching the cube in exactly six points, the centers of each face of the cube! Likewise, the right, square pyramid can also fit within the cube, sharing a common base and touching the center of the top in exactly one point!

Thus, the intersection of these two parts (because of the logical "AND" between them), B and C (technically, B OR C), are thus the correct answer to the whole question, because ...

(A OR B OR C) AND (B OR C) -> (B OR C)

On 4/7/2019 at 6:29 PM, JustPassingThru said:

And the town is square, as wide as it is long; and he took the measure of the town with the rod, one thousand and five hundred miles: it is equally long and wide and high.  Rev 21:16 BBE

Please take note the Holy Spirit writing through John tells us the width is equal to the length and the height, ....this alone proves you are wrong, the two opposite sides are equal to the length of the base, that is describing a square with ALL corners 90°.

Well, the Bible in Basic English (the BBE) is a good English version, but it's not perfect. With one word, it could have been improved:

And the town LIES square, as wide as it is long; and he took the measure of the town with the rod, one thousand and five hundred miles: it is equally long and wide and high.  Rev 21:16 BBE (modified)

After all, the Greek word is "tetragoonos KEITAI":

2749 keimai (ki'-mahee). Middle voice of a primary verb; to lie outstretched (literally or figuratively) -- be (appointed, laid up, made, set), lay, lie. Compare titheemi.

On 4/7/2019 at 6:29 PM, JustPassingThru said:

Scripture proves it's a cube, ...if you want to believe it's a pyramid that fine, just don't try to use Scripture to prove your point. 

Scripture does nothing of the sort! If you choose stubbornly to resist certain facts, then you will continue to have made up your mind! As Representative Earl F Landgrebe (R-IN) is remembered for saying during the Watergate trial, "Don't confuse me with the facts. I've got a closed mind. I will not vote for impeachment. I'm going to stick with my president even if he and I have to be taken out of this building and shot."

A closed mind is NOT a teachable mind. A teachable mind is one that is open to new possibilities. If one will not be teachable, then there's no sense to continue the discussion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/7/2019 at 8:53 PM, other one said:

Cube or pyramid really wouldn't be any different concerning the curvature of the earth surface....     and the new heaven and earth could not have the same physics laws for something that size whether cube or not would cause the earth to warble and probably tear itself apart....    we won't have a sun for God himself will furnish the light as I understand it.....    making our entire solar system different.

I don't think we should compare anything concerning the new and old earth or Jerusalem. 

Shalom, other one.

You're not thinking. The "wobble" would be insignificant. The earth, by itself, weighs an estimated 66.6 sextillion tons! (And, yes, that's "666" followed by 20 zeros!)

1 thousand = 1 with 3 zeros. "1,000"
1 million = 1 with 6 zeros. "1,000,000"
1 billion = 1 with 9 zeros. "1,000,000,000"
1 trillion = 1 with 12 zeros. "1,000,000,000,000"
1 quadrillion = 1 with 15 zeros. "1,000,000,000,000,000"
1 quintillion = 1 with 18 zeros. "1,000,000,000,000,000,000"
1 sextillion = 1 with 21 zeros. "1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000"

That's a mass of 6.0545454... x 10^25 kilograms.

The volume of a cube is l^3. The volume of a solid right square pyramid is 1/3 x l^2 x h, and in our particular case, l = h; therefore, this can be reduced to 1/3 x l^3. With an l = 1,379.868686... miles, we can calculate that to be a volume of 3.867 x 10^20 cubic feet for the volume of a cube, and a third of that (1.289 x 10^20 cubic feet) for the volume of a pyramid. Converting that to cubic kilometers, we'd get 10,951,155,198 cubic kilometers for the cube and 3,650,385,066 cubic kilometers for the pyramid.

If one were to assume that the ENTIRE cube or pyramid were made out of gold (which neither is), that would be 7.05254 x 10^22 kg of gold for the pyramid and 2.11576 x 10^23 kg of gold for the cube. That's less than 1% (0.003501842) of the mass of the earth for the cube, and a third less than that (0.001167281) of the mass of the earth for the pyramid!

That MIGHT pull the center of the earth's gravity off a mile or two, but with a radius of 4000 miles, what's that? And, we're not even thinking about the fact that we assumed a solid chunk of gold for both shapes! There will be AIR in there as well as all the other precious and semiprecious gems and water and trees and .... All of these have much less density than solid gold, even though much of the city will be built from gold!

No, this "wobble" isn't going to be much more than what we experience from the moon's gravitational effects of the tides!

Regarding "we won't have a sun for God himself will furnish the light as I understand it.....    making our entire solar system different,"

STICK TO THE SCRIPTURES! ESPECIALLY WHEN SPECULATING!

Revelation 21:23 (KJV)

23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

Psalm 89:20-37 (KJV)

20 I have found David my servant; with my holy oil have I anointed him:
21 With whom my hand shall be established: mine arm also shall strengthen him.
22 The enemy shall not exact upon him; nor the son of wickedness afflict him.
23 And I will beat down his foes before his face, and plague them that hate him.
24 But my faithfulness and my mercy shall be with him: and in my name shall his horn be exalted.
25 I will set his hand also in the sea, and his right hand in the rivers.
26 He shall cry unto me, Thou art my father, my God, and the rock of my salvation.
27 Also I will make him my firstborn, higher than the kings of the earth.
28 My mercy will I keep for him for evermore, and my covenant shall stand fast with him.
29 His seed also will I make to endure for ever, and his throne as the days of heaven.
30 If his children forsake my law, and walk not in my judgments;
31 If they break my statutes, and keep not my commandments;
32 Then will I visit their transgression with the rod, and their iniquity with stripes.
33 Nevertheless my lovingkindness will I not utterly take from him, nor suffer my faithfulness to fail.
34 My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips.
35 Once have I sworn by my holiness that I will not lie unto David.
36 His seed shall endure for ever, and his throne as the sun before me.
37 It shall be established for ever as the moon, and as a faithful witness in heaven. Selah.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well since you really don't know what all it's made of you really can't speculate on it's actual weight....   if it's all gold it would be much heavier...    

then again I've seen what small out of balance can do to things over time.

The moon is moving away from the Earth a bit each year so using that scripture as literal might not be a good idea.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...