PinkBelt

First photograph of a black hole

Got a glimpse of this when I first turned on my computer this morning. Pretty cool. Nice to see it again, and thanks for sharing. God bless. 

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles 

Thanks for posting this Pinkbelt.   I read something this morning but didn't take the time to find a picture....   that's really cool.

I read in the news here this morning that it will eventually swallow up the earth. That will never happen according to the Word of God.

Eccl. 1: 4,  One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth abideth for ever. 

2 hours ago, HAZARD said:

I read in the news here this morning that it will eventually swallow up the earth. That will never happen according to the Word of God.

Eccl. 1: 4,  One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth abideth for ever. 

This particular black hole is located in the center of a galaxy called Messier 87 which is around 55 million light-years from Earth.  It's not a threat to us.

1 hour ago, Dove said:

This particular black hole is located in the center of a galaxy called Messier 87 which is around 55 million light-years from Earth.  It's not a threat to us.

I agree, and it never will be.

God has created some very interesting things in our universe.