douge

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  354
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  964
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  0

Mark 1:44 And saith unto him, See thou say nothing to any man: but go thy way, shew thyself to the priest, and offer for thy cleansing those things which Moses commanded, for a testimony unto them.

During his earthly ministry Jesus upheld the law of Moses. Jesus was telling him to make the offerings commanded under the Old Covenant. The covenants were only made with Israel (Hebrews 8:8 Romans 9:4). In the Gospels, the books of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, Jesus came to minister to Israel to confirm their promises (Romans 15:8). The Old covenant at this time, was still in effect.

So many fail to recognize that the law was for the knowledge of sin (Romans 3:20) and the law was given under the old testament. The covenants old and new are only for Israel (Jeremiah 31:31 Romans 9:4). Some follow Christ according to the gospel books of the Bible (Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John) and while they are profitable for us, fail to recognize they are putting themselves under law not grace (Romans 6:14). Church doctrine for us is only found in Paul's epistles.

Edited by douge
added

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,778
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

Thank you for the point, well taken...why did you feel it was important to tell about it. 

I have not heard anyone say something to the contrary...

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  238
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,776
  • Content Per Day:  3.24
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

7 hours ago, douge said:

Mark 1:44 And saith unto him, See thou say nothing to any man: but go thy way, shew thyself to the priest, and offer for thy cleansing those things which Moses commanded, for a testimony unto them.

During his earthly ministry Jesus upheld the law of Moses. Jesus was telling him to make the offerings commanded under the Old Covenant. The covenants were only made with Israel (Hebrews 8:8 Romans 9:4). In the Gospels, the books of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, Jesus came to minister to Israel to confirm their promises (Romans 15:8). The Old covenant at this time, was still in effect.

Fast forward to the Last Supper...

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,778
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

18 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

Of course it was according to the Law, as was should be. However, there's more to it, as highlighted in red. It meant a confirmed miracle, and through the priests, the truth of what the Messiah was doing spread from there and became totally indisputable. It also caused them envy. And they became extremely incensed, and viciously angry as well. God bless. 

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles 

I think Jesus considered the coulture they were living in. 

The lepers had to live far away from everyone in their own leper colonies..

Leprosy is contagious and there was not cure for it..

Everyone in contact with a leper was ceremonialy unclean..and had to present himself to the priest to be quarantee, and be dealed according to instructions in the Leviticus...

If someone was well from leprosy they needed the testimony of the priest who performed the examination and the rituals disribed in the Law...so the person can re-enter the community.

If not he risked to be stoned to death...

The lepers house had to be kind of -fumigated- by the priest who follow the instructions in the Law for a period of time. 

The lepers could not participate in the celebrations of the Law, as they considered unclean...

Jesus knowing all that, living in Jewish culture, he gave him the correct quidance...

And protected him from the risk of being stoned...and being accused of disturbing the community, people being afraid in case they got in touch with the ex-leper..

Something similar happened in another occation, and Jesus told the woman who had commited adultery..

"Sin no more", because he happened to be around and she was spared the stoning...

But next time if they catch her , he wan't be around to save her, and those people will not spare her and perhaps stone her...as this was the Law of their Land. 

16 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

Of course it was according to the Law, as was should be. However, there's more to it, as highlighted in red. It meant a confirmed miracle, and through the priests, the truth of what the Messiah was doing spread from there and became totally indisputable. It also caused them envy. And they became extremely incensed, and viciously angry as well. God bless. 

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles 

Hi

Of course it was according to the law......but a lot think the law still applies to grace believers today. Romans 6:14

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  238
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,776
  • Content Per Day:  3.24
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

1 hour ago, douge said:

Hi

Of course it was according to the law......but a lot think the law still applies to grace believers today. Romans 6:14

True, but sad because unless they were raised in Judaism they weren't observing the entire OT Law as such but perhaps rather a legalistic denominational creed and code. Paul observed the law when it served to get him into a position where he could present the Gospel, but he definitely did NOT teach a righteousness which is of the law, or claim to be perfect.   

Php 3:8-12
(8)  Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
(9)  And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
(10)  That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
(11)  If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.
(12)  Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

The Law did its job in my life...... it lead  me to Christ .....as far as Salvation goes- I’m done with it.The Holy Spirit performed a heart operation on me and I don’t need it anymore.The Law was “weak” because it had no power .God says His Gospel HAS the power to save.IF you will let it.It ALONE or be in a state of disobedience and unbelief.God destroyed the Israelites who showed their lack of faith by declining to invade The Promised Land— The Land Of Rest.Is Paul’s Gospel , given to him personally by Christ, which promises rest if merely believed and not added to with works that cancel Grace, a more modern version of God’s test for the Jews?I believe it is worth a serious look.MUCH could be at stake.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

On 4/10/2019 at 1:12 PM, douge said:

There is much to be learned from the Old Testament, whether its statutes, ordinances, and decrees are still in effect, or not.

• Thumbs Up 4

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 11:51 PM, Your closest friendnt said:

Thank you for the point, well taken...why did you feel it was important to tell about it. 

I have not heard anyone say something to the contrary...

Hi

So many fail to recognize that the law was for the knowledge of sin and the law was given under the old testament. The covenants old and new are only for Israel. Some follow Christ according to the Books of the Bible (Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John) and while they are profitable for us, fail to recognize they are putting themselves under law not grace. Church doctrine for us is only found in Paul's epistles.