IGNORED

God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able, how about the martyrs ?

R. Hartono

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  763
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,897
  • Content Per Day:  3.09
  • Days Won:  1

I'm not trying to become a stumbling stone to all of you by asking this question. I hope nobody will fall from faith to Jesus.

1 Cor 10:13 .... but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

How about the martyrs of Christ ? What way of escape given them ?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,381
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

Jesus Himself was a martyr of a sort. He knew what was going to happen yet proclaimed the truth regardless. John 15 has Jesus saying that the world will hate Christians because it hated Christ first. The Bible never promised us that things would be easy. In fact, we're supposed to count our hardships as joy because it tests and improves our faith (James 1:2 and the following verses). John 15:13 tells us that laying down one's life for others is the greatest example of love, and taking great personal risk for the sake of the faith is indeed an act of love. I firmly believe that God does give grace and comfort in those final moments. When you think about it being martyred really is a high statement of faith. It says "I believe there is a God who loved us all so much that He sent His Son to bear my sins and that we'll be in Heaven together soon.". It's not that I think anyone should rush out to die, but it is important to look at and consider things like that. People do still face persecution and even death for the faith these days, a recent example being John Allen Chau.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

Hartono said;  "God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able, how about the martyrs?"
Full scripture;
No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation, he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it. 1 Corin 10; 13

This is about temptations, not trials of the faith.
Previous verses

1Co 10:6  Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted

1Co 10:7  Neither be ye idolaters, as were some of them; as it is written, The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play.

1Co 10:8  Neither let us commit fornication, as some of them committed, and fell in one day three and twenty thousand.

1Co 10:10  Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer.
1Co 10:11  Now all these things happened unto them for examples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.
1Co 10:12  Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation, he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it. 1 Corin 10; 13

The verse you quote Hartono, is referring to God's provision of escaping TEMPTATION, and a way to escape it (sin).
There is no new sin under the sun, and God provides us a way of escaping them. 
We
choose to flee (the right thing) or not (sin)
It is not about persecution.
For standing/dying for the faith.
That is NOT what we want to flee from..........

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  463
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

19 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

I'm not trying to become a stumbling stone to all of you by asking this question. I hope nobody will fall from faith to Jesus.

1 Cor 10:13 .... but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

The temptations are such that are common to man.. the unsaved as well as the saved. In my mind that indicates that what Paul said is not necessarily including those who are martyred in regard to the "escape" part. That is not to say that God abandons the martyred to their fate. I believe that the words "that it will not be above what you be able to bear" is for them.

And in the daily trials, the promise of escape is to all believers .. the word "escape" would to me mean "escape the snare of the devil".. but that they may be able to bear it, some bible versions use the word "endure". The idea is to endure against the trial of adversity, the accompanying verse would be "submit yourselves to God, resist the devil and he will flee from you." I think of the devil testing Jesus in the wilderness. For Jesus the way of escaping the temptations was to know and quote the scriptures.

Either way, the words assure the believer that God will because of our faith in Him, provide His grace which strengthens the believer so that they won't faint or yield to the test and thereby miss the opportunity to overcome.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

12 hours ago, Sower said:

Hartono said;  "God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able, how about the martyrs?"
Full scripture;

This is about temptations, not trials of the faith.
Previous verses

1Co 10:6  Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted

1Co 10:7  Neither be ye idolaters, as were some of them; as it is written, The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play.

1Co 10:8  Neither let us commit fornication, as some of them committed, and fell in one day three and twenty thousand.

1Co 10:10  Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer.
1Co 10:11  Now all these things happened unto them for examples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.
1Co 10:12  Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

The verse you quote Hartono, is referring to God's provision of escaping TEMPTATION, and a way to escape it (sin).
There is no new sin under the sun, and God provides us a way of escaping them. 
We
choose to flee (the right thing) or not (sin)
It is not about persecution.
For standing/dying for the faith.
That is NOT what we want to flee from..........

Well, its what I was coming here to say ,  But the sower commonly known as Gary has let it be known already .    SO all I can add is this ,   PUT THOSE HANDS UP GARY and ALL and LET all PRAISE THE LORD .

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

22 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

Are you speaking of the martyrs that are in the 7 year tribulation?

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

22 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

They might be tempted to sin, by denying Christ. The way of escape, was to stay true, and persevere. They took the way of escape, they had a choice, and made the correct one!

• This is Worthy 1