• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Days Won:  0

6 hours ago, childoftheking said:

Golden Candlestick in Revelations represents the 7 Spirits of God.   7 is the number of God, just like man's number is 6:

There are many gifted evangelists and that was a good sermon. I am glad your father was saved. You started out trying to prove the God was Math. What is the purpose? I have tried to point to Jesus ( the hidden manna). its good to be well versed, but so was Satan. Im not saying that's you. Im not interested in God being of physics. Why did your Father craw to the alter? Was it conviction ? 

The 7 candlesticks of themselves are represenitive  of God but they were not what convicted your father. Credential are just credentials. I had one also.   Something you can hang on a wall. Im no gifted preacher but I know how to put on the armor of God. I admired many who could speak the word with power, But God wants me to be me. Love God with all your heart mind and soul, and love you neighbor as your self. Im not really worthy of anything. I hit a lot of bumps in the road. Still Jesus was always there to stand me up and set back on the right path.  Im no theologian yet I am led of the Spirit and know my Bible.  You think that we all need to be mathematical about God. 

I was saved not in a tent but in my Home where I was desperate to believe. With tears I said I love you Lord. From that moment on Jesus has changed my Life. This is my only witness. My Son-in-Law gave me a G4 cell phone and pays the bill. He's Catholic. He found a cover that say. Little is much if God is in it.  Salvation dose not come from mathematics, but it comes from repentance with a broken and contrite heart. Maybe that was your father. Its been nice talking to you. Be blessed

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  842
  • Content Per Day:  0.47

36 minutes ago, Mike Mclees said:

There are many gifted evangelists and that was a good sermon. I am glad your father was saved. You started out trying to prove the God was Math. What is the purpose? I have tried to point to Jesus ( the hidden manna). its good to be well versed, but so was Satan. Im not saying that's you. Im not interested in God being of physics. Why did your Father craw to the alter? Was it conviction ? 

The 7 candlesticks of themselves are represenitive  of God but they were not what convicted your father. Credential are just credentials. I had one also.   Something you can hang on a wall. Im no gifted preacher but I know how to put on the armor of God. I admired many who could speak the word with power, But God wants me to be me. Love God with all your heart mind and soul, and love you neighbor as your self. Im not really worthy of anything. I hit a lot of bumps in the road. Still Jesus was always there to stand me up and set back on the right path.  Im no theologian yet I am led of the Spirit and know my Bible.  You think that we all need to be mathematical about God. 

I was saved not in a tent but in my Home where I was desperate to believe. With tears I said I love you Lord. From that moment on Jesus has changed my Life. This is my only witness. My Son-in-Law gave me a G4 cell phone and pays the bill. He's Catholic. He found a cover that say. Little is much if God is in it.  Salvation dose not come from mathematics, but it comes from repentance with a broken and contrite heart. Maybe that was your father. Its been nice talking to you. Be blessed

You have no idea of what my intentions were by quoting Galileo in my original post within this thread.   You cannot properly deduct by any form of reasoning I was manipulating God to a set of numbers.  This thread is about how can we Tell God exists through Mathematics, not describe God via Mathematics.   And by looking at this from the very viewpoint of God, and Him claiming, he used Mathematics and Science (that is what measuring and stretching a line consists of) in His Creation is far from defining God at all.   In fact, to say that is defining God has no logic to it at all!!

We are Created in His Likeness.   When you know that God used Mathematics and Science, that is a big REVEAL that there will be humans who achieve in both Mathematics and Science because that is a part of WHO GOD is!!

Whoever taught you in whatever church Denomination you grew up in, was not very bright, if you conclude that God and Mathematics cannot co-exist.   And if this is your own understanding, you need to take some serious in depth Seminary classes.   I could suggest a few Biblical Universities to you, but you have to go in thinking I can learn something, not how you are thinking like you have a clue.   Because your assumption of what I was doing, has been off the mark the entire time.

I quoted Galileo and specified his work in "Patterns," because God's Holy Word reveals that God used Mathematics/Science in His Creation and the Book of Hebrews specifies He did it in "Patterns."   We see this by the variety of dogs from the wolf, coyote, to the various species of domesticated dogs.   But they are ALL DOGS and they are ALL "Patterned" in like fashion.   The same can be said with trees, grass, mammals, amphibians, fish, humans, and the list of Creation goes on and on and they are all in "Patterns."

So, to offer scripture trying to discredited me, which is a very BIG RED FLAG that you do not even understand anything I have posted.   Alerts me, that your understanding is still in the stages of milk.   The meat is when you have the knowledge of specifics about God.  Your answers, just provide a general and very broad spectrum that is so far off this topic, it makes me wonder why you are even posting on this topic!!

Edited by childoftheking

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  398
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

Hello Childoftheking:

In your "bio" you mention that you do not subscribe to the Trinity doctrine; neither do JWs believe in the Trinity.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

Well. It is obvious to me that ya'all are a lot smarter than me. Sure math is a God thing. Most everything is a God thing.

Issue is, He could just blink it all away and the atomic structures would all collapse into nothing - from whence they came.

So what?? They only exist because God wants them to. All those laws and quantum bits can easily just go away at the Lord's pleasure. The Spirit of God brooded over the waters...  and more things came into being and had substance. It is a God thing.

• 1 month later...

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 5:56 PM, HAZARD said:

Complicated gobbildy-gook.

God is a Spirit being with a Spirit body. A simple understanding of God and His existence, that the average person can understand is this. The difference between a Spirit body and a flesh and bone body is substance.

well said

The biggest question for scientists to answer is  Who lit the firecracker ?  :whistling:

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,026
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

On 4/11/2019 at 5:57 PM, HAZARD said:

Considering that he lived about two centuries ago, it is extremely doubtful that the author of the books of Hebrews specifically understood the subject, yet he accurately wrote about atomic structure - nearly 2000 years before it was discovered by scientists.

Hebrews 11:3, 3, Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made  of things which do appear.

Ancient Biblical writers accurately expressing modern scientific concepts is yet another perfect example of the Divine inspiration behind the Scriptures..

Democritus of Abdera showed, by experiment, that matter must be made up of extremely tiny particles.    He called them "atoms"("you can't cut them into smaller bits") about 500 years before Paul wrote that verse.  Every educated person in the Greco-Roman world knew about it.   But I don't think that's what Paul was writing about.    Certainly, there's nothing therein about "atomic structure." 

The theory of Democritus held that everything is composed of "atoms", which are physically, but not geometrically, indivisible; that between atoms, there lies empty space; that atoms are indestructible, and have always been and always will be in motion; that there is an infinite number of atoms and of kinds of atoms, which differ in shape and size. Of the mass of atoms, Democritus said, "The more any indivisible exceeds, the heavier it is". However, his exact position on atomic weight is disputed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democritus

Edited by The Barbarian
erer

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  777
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

On 4/11/2019 at 1:44 PM, James Redford said:

As the title indicates, God's existence is a mathematical theorem within standard physics. Standard physics is the known laws of physics, viz., the Second Law of Thermodynamics, General Relativity, and Quantum Mechanics. This theorem has been given in the form of physicist and mathematician Prof. Frank J. Tipler's Omega Point cosmology. These aforestated known physical laws have been confirmed by every experiment conducted to date. Hence, the only way to avoid Tipler's Omega Point Theorem is to reject empirical science. As Prof. Stephen Hawking wrote, "one cannot really argue with a mathematical theorem." (From p. 67 of Stephen Hawking, The Illustrated A Brief History of Time [New York, NY: Bantam Books, 1996; 1st ed., 1988].)

Prof. Tipler's Omega Point cosmology has been extensively peer-reviewed and published in a number of the world's leading physics and science journals, such as Reports on Progress in Physics (the leading journal of the Institute of Physics, Britain's main professional organization for physicists), Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society (one of the world's leading astrophysics journals), the International Journal of Theoretical Physics (a journal that Nobel Prize in Physics winner Richard Feynman also published in), and Physics Letters, among other journals.

Prof. Tipler's Ph.D. is in the field of Global General Relativity, which is the field created by Profs. Stephen Hawking and Roger Penrose during the formulation of their Singularity Theorems in the 1960s. Global General Relativity is General Relativity applied on the scale of the entire universe as a whole, and is the most elite and rarefied field of physics. Tipler is also an expert in quantum field theory (i.e., Quantum Mechanics combined with special-relativistic particle physics) and computer theory.

For much more on Prof. Tipler's Omega Point cosmology and the details on how it uniquely conforms to, and precisely matches, the cosmology described in the New Testament, see my following article, which also addresses the societal implications of the Omega Point cosmology:

* James Redford, "The Physics of God and the Quantum Gravity Theory of Everything", Social Science Research Network (SSRN), Sept. 10, 2012 (orig. pub. Dec. 19, 2011), 186 pp., doi:10.2139/ssrn.1974708, https://archive.org/download/ThePhysicsOfGodAndTheQuantumGravityTheoryOfEverything/Redford-Physics-of-God.pdf , https://purl.org/redford/physics-of-god , https://webcitation.org/74HMsJGbP .

Additionally, in the below resource are different sections which contain some helpful notes and commentary by me pertaining to multimedia wherein Prof. Tipler explains the Omega Point cosmology and the Feynman-DeWitt-Weinberg quantum gravity/Standard Model TOE.

* James Redford, "Video of Profs. Frank Tipler and Lawrence Krauss's Debate at Caltech: Can Physics Prove God and Christianity?", alt.sci.astro, Message-ID: jghev8tcbv02b6vn3uiq8jmelp7jijluqk[at sign]4ax[period]com , July 30, 2013, https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/alt.sci.astro/KQWt4KcpMVo , https://archive.is/a04w9 , https://webcitation.org/6IUTAMEyS .

Hi there!  Actually, it's MUCH easier to prove God from physics...

Simply emphasize this:

1. ALL physical events are likely agent-caused (i.e., caused by a person).

2. Physical laws describe physical events.

3. All physical events described by physical laws are likely agent-caused.

So, all we need to do is prove [1] via enumerative induction, and wham!  There's your proof of God.

blessings..

The worst thing in the world is a faulty argument for something that is obviously true.   This is one of those things.

• 2 weeks later...

Many great physicists were men of faith.   Some were not.   All of them were great physicists.   If physics proves God, the proof is very subtle and incomplete.   Einstein, for example, thought "der Alte" was the distant god of Spinoza, who had no interactions with men.

Science is merely a method, by its very methodology confined to the physical universe.   If your faith won't bring you to God, science cannot.