• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0

On 5/2/2020 at 10:48 PM, Paul James said:

God created the law of Physics, and that makes Him greater.  So to try and fit God into the law of physics is to try and fit the all-powerful, almighty God into His own creation.   I think that to say God is the law of physics is a kind of Pantheism which many atheistic evolutionists hold -that God is everything in the universe.

So, we cannot find God through Physics, in the same way that we cannot identify who made the computer I am working on by the computer itself.   We need to look elsewhere by researching the brand of computer, and who first designed it.  In the same way, we have to approach God more directly, and the only way we can do that is to consult the written record that He gave to 66 authors about Himself.  As Jesus said, we need to believe Moses and the Prophets, (the written Scriptures) to show that God is really there and He is a communicating God.

All we can know through Physics is how the universe works, but we cannot identify the creator through Physics.

We become all things to all people that we may win some to Christ, Paul said. John Lennox was an Oxford Mathematician, and an atheist. Yet God approached Dr. Lennox from a Mathematical point of view. Lennox finally agreed that he was compelled to believe in Christ because of the logic---the logic---of the Gospel. God chooses us wherever we are. We can't do it. I grew up with Richard Feynman as a boy. I too was an atheist, and it was through my own studies in Physics that brought me to the realization that God was everything He claimed to be. God finds hope in the hopeless no matter where he is in his life, using every possible means. We learn how to make great things. We build the tallest skyscrapers with our great technology, yet God taught me that its height doesn't come close to even a blade of grass. Try building one of those? So yes...we can find God through Physics. To say that, "we have to approach God more directly, and the only way we can do that is to consult the written record..." is at best inaccurate. I did not have His Word, nor did a single person tell me about Him. We do not approach God. Our very nature is to oppose Him, to reject Him, to rebel against Him. God chooses us.      John 15:16  "You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit--fruit that will last."

Edited by Coliseum
  • Well Said! 1