• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

12 hours ago, Behold said:

If you were to study manuscript evidence with the same devotion you give to studying some theories, you would discover the history/linage of the Byzantine Textus Receptus, or "received text" that was used to create the "Authorized Version", is the most credible-accurate Greek Text.

I don't limit myself to conspiracies, but I would just make note that of all the conspiracies I have looked into about 80% of them were false....   one gets talents in rooting out things that are not true.....   including some's teachings about the word.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  463
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

15 hours ago, Tzephanyahu said:

From reading your comments, it seems like you know everything concerning the Name, which must feel great. Although, it seems like you still have some big gaps in your knowledge, like me. 

I simply replied with the information that I have found out by research. I would think that anyone would be having the same security in the knowledge that they have. And yet still be aware that they don't yet know as much as they'd like to.

But then why ask us "what are you thoughts?" if you then want to "correct" people's thoughts?

It seems that you must think that I should have instead said something like "lets debate this topic". But that was not my intention, just look and the other posters. I didn't disagree with them.

No, it's only your doctrine that I've disagreed with. As is the privilege for anyone to do. Even though you by what you stated, classify it as "ranting". Or in my case "correcting".

I do not apologize for putting forth my own position regarding yours. And I do not apologize for saying no thank you to your particular doctrine.

If you just want to share your knowledge, then go ahead.

Well thank you for giving me permission to do so on my own thread.

No one's stopping you, praise Yahweh.

Thank you again for pointing that out.

But you don't need to use a veiled rhetoric or someone else as a springboard to share. 

You have apparently misjudged concerning your posting on my thread. In that case, I only apologize that I didn't use a stipulation on anyone posting such as "any doctrine posted that is not in keeping with orthodox theology will be subject to disagreement."

I suggest that all you need to so is start your own thread and there use your privilege to disagree with anyone who counters your doctrine.

23 hours ago, JohnD said:

From the beginning man has been as a blind individual groping around in permanent darkness in spiritual matters like who and what is God.

How much more so since the fall of man.

From earliest days after the fall man supposed God to be just about anything inexplicable like lightning, the stars, the planets, wind, etc.

The reply from heaven, "No, bigger."

Man encountered angelic beings (both good and bad) supposing them to be Gods.

The reply from heaven, "No, bigger."

To this day we are discovering how vast is the universe God created...

No, much bigger.

And yet he is in the still small voice.

1 Kings 19:11–13 (NIV84)
11 The Lord said, “Go out and stand on the mountain in the presence of the Lord, for the Lord is about to pass by.” Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the Lord, but the Lord was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake.
12 After the earthquake came a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper.
13 When Elijah heard it, he pulled his cloak over his face and went out and stood at the mouth of the cave. Then a voice said to him, “What are you doing here, Elijah?”

Jesus said that he is gentle and humble of heart in teaching us his way that is light and easy. And James said that we can ask God for his wisdom and will not upbraid us. Yes, God speaks to us in a gentle whisper, a still small voice.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,272
  • Content Per Day:  1.73

On 13 April 2019 at 11:26 PM, Joulre2abba said:

It seems that there is no other name to use.. we all are to address God according to his nature, who He is. Creator, Redeemer, God of peace, God of righteousness, the everlasting Father, etc.

Then call him 'Iam that I am' the name he revealed to Moses, or use YHWH, or Abba.

God knows what you are trying to do, he is not demanding that we use the precise name, rather he wants us to worship him.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  3

On 4/14/2019 at 6:42 AM, other one said:

I share your frustration on the changing the words....   I do believe that is not even done for academic reasons but financial ones to be able to rewrite a bible and get it copywrited…   a percentage of the words have to be different and there were a whole bunch of "Lord/lord/lords" changed...      It would be the same as referring to me as "Nobody" instead of Sam  (can't call me lord for that doesn't fit my place in the universe).   However since I do understand who they are talking about it doesn't change the message of the Book...…    but it is still aggravating.

The WRONG reason "new" bibles are created are a few.   One, is to make someone a lot of money.       But also to specifically create a NT so that it has a doctrinal slant that lines up with the particular theology of the people who created it.

Change a verse here, change a noun there, leave out a verse........ do all this, so that the "new" bible becomes not a bible, but a twisted theology that matches the twisted theology of the group who created it.

Have you read the "Queen James" bible?   Yeah, there is one.  And the homosexual agenda "rights" types, call them theologians, created a bible in 2012 that was supposed to be non-offensive to those who are "ethnically" defined by their sexual lifestyle practices.  So, they removed much of Romans 1, and of course Sodom and Gomorrah is either missing or modified in Genesis.  And of course all scriptures that define gay sex acts as immoral, are taken out of the bible, in both Testaments.

What i find amusing, is that we now have over 200 "New" bibles, and they all use the same OLD marketing gimmick to sell them to you....>"Now, its easier to understand, easier to read".

So, how do you find out if you have a bible,  of if you have an alternative to it, that says 'Holy Bible" on the cover?

Well try this.   Turn to 1 Timothy 3:16 in your bibles. and read the verse.   This verse is one of the really important doctrinal verses that teach us that Jesus is God......So, if your bible says....."God was manifested in the Flesh".. then keep that one.   But if your bible says....>"HE who was manifested in the flesh"..........then this bible has removed the deity from the verse, which destroys the verse DOCTRINALLY.

Then ask yourself who other then SATAN would not want you to know that GOD as CHRIST came in the BODY as a man?.........And the answer is.....the group that created that bible that took God out of the verse.

Edited by Behold

On 4/15/2019 at 9:54 AM, Who me said:

Then call him 'Iam that I am' the name he revealed to Moses, or use YHWH, or Abba.

I've used Y-H-V-H many times in discussion. But I likely would not if I didn't understand what it meant.. for how could a person worship God by letters that don't indicate the meaning? The word "Jehovah" would suffice as well as the word "God" as far as any understanding of either word goes. The word "Father" is befitting for a more personal reference. They each have their place. 

On 4/15/2019 at 9:54 AM, Who me said:

God knows what you are trying to do, he is not demanding that we use the precise name, rather he wants us to worship him.

I appreciate that God does not require a precise name, after all He is willing to be addressed by such a generic word as "God".

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

Yet their is only one NAME by which we even can be OF the FATHER , GOD .      And no other name .

Marvel not ,   many claim they know God or that all religions are serving the same God in different ways .

But I say unto us all,  THEIR is only ONE NAME by which a man can even worship GOD in spirit and in truth .

And that is the name that is being silenced for all inclusiveness .   But NOT ON THIS MANS WATCH IT WONT .    JESUS CHRIST  , or Yeshua as my jewish friends like to say .

No SON , no FATHER .   For if one rejects the SON , they have rejected the Father .    Let us always KNOW THIS REAL DEEP .   For I keep reminding us

their is a move that comes in the name of acceptance that is shutting down the true gospel of reconciliation and offering up a lie for world reconciliation . 

On 4/16/2019 at 3:48 PM, frienduff thaylorde said:

Marvel not ,   many claim they know God or that all religions are serving the same God in different ways .

I agree. The Judeo-Christian faith and the Bible from which is such faith, is the incorruptible living and abiding Word (1 Pet.1:23) of God Jehovah Elohim. All other faiths are the wisdom of men that is the corruptible seed that doesn't produce the Life of God in man. (1 Thes.2:13; 1 Cor.2:5)

Jesus said in Jn.6:63 "The words I speak are Spirit and Life, the flesh profits nothing." The apostle Paul said to those who have believed (the gospel that is the power of God unto salvation (Rms.1:16). "However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him." (Rms.8:9)

• Thumbs Up 1