• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  5

36 minutes ago, Debp said:

P.S.  For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."

That is the Law in its essence.Nobody does it.As for myself I will go with Grace.This Grace is Given to those that believe the Gospel ( 1cor15:1-4) and do not add works to it.So simple most miss it.Dont be one of those .

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,206
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

11 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

That is the Law in its essence.Nobody does it.As for myself I will go with Grace.This Grace is Given to those that believe the Gospel ( 1cor15:1-4) and do not add works to it.So simple most miss it.Dont be one of those .

Sorry you misunderstood what I was saying.   I definitely believe in grace alone... through which we do receive the law which is written into our hearts.   Not keeping rules and regulations in a legalistic manner, but rather an outflowing of the Holy Spirit helping us to walk worthily of our calling in Christ.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

On 4/12/2019 at 8:16 AM, Tigger56 said:

I agree with your math but be prepared for the fallout from it, some in this forum can be very kind and knowledgeable and are willing to discuss, some however, become extremely defensive and adamant.  What do you celebrate? Do you celebrate Easter on another day or do you disagree with the symbolism and origin as well as the math? Of course even if we ignore what year, what day, etc.... As many believe he died on a Friday, it is very difficult to fit 3 days and 3 nights into Sunday, though some feel that in the Hebrew that perhaps it meant part of each, though I am not a proponent of that.  Either way the math still is difficult to ignore. However most subjects when discussed when you are close to the observance is better held for another time. Discuss Easter with me in July and discuss Christmas in March...  if you see the wisdom in this. 

Religious (human) tradition is a vile beast that impedes truth like few other things.

What about eggs, bunnies, and the name of the holiday (after the goddess Astarte) isn't "Christian???"

Tongue very firmly planted in cheek.

Just now, JohnD said:

Religious (human) tradition is a vile beast that impedes truth like few other things.

What about eggs, bunnies, and the name of the holiday (after the goddess Astarte) isn't "Christian???"

Tongue very firmly planted in cheek.

I mean, sure, they'll throw the resurrection of Jesus Christ a bone...

But if this is not prima facie evidence of human tampering (specifically in the Roman Catholic Imperial Church)

I don't know what is.

Jesus said "Go into all the world reinventing Christianity to appease the pagan religions of the world and to prepare 

the throne of antichrist deception for the Great Tribulation..."

Book of 2 Opinions 66:6

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Betha said:

There are works and there are works....some we do and some we don't. Are you aware of the 'good works of God' expected of us ????

Eph 2v10  For we are his workmanship created in Christ Jesus unto good works which God has before' ordained that we should walk in them..... and another

Rom 6v1,2 Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound ? God forbid.

What is sin ? 1Joh 3v4 ....sin is the transgression of the law.  In our age of Grace/NT that means the 10 Commandments, not the old law of Moses which Jesus dealt with on the cross. Eph 2v15 and Col 2v14 tell us these were the commandments contained in ORDINANCES/WORKS and quite different from the  10 SPIRITUAL Commandments which are eternal and JESUS was teaching on, also these are now written on our hearts of flesh. 

The entire law was not abolished/cancelled, only part of it requiring physical work. God separated the works coms from the spiritual coms when He gave them to the people at Sinai Deut 5v22 and ADDED NO MORE. The 10 are eternal and teach LOVE to God and neighbour ....and much more so for the 'born again who are to follow and keep them in and through Christ Jesus  HIS Spirit in us !

There are works and there are works....some we do and some we don't. Are you aware of the 'good works of God' expected of us ????

Eph 2v10  For we are his workmanship created in Christ Jesus unto good works which God has before' ordained that we should walk in them..... and another

Good works is what it is all about.Once you have believed the Gospel and God has given you His Spirit, good works will flow through you naturally.The key is getting that Spirit

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  1

On 4/12/2019 at 1:54 AM, blessed457 said:

Passover fell on a Wednesday

How sad, five pages of total heresy from posters who claim the name of Jesus, ...with just a couple posts of the TRUTH!!!

Here's the TRUTH!

The institution of the Passover by GOD and not the wisdom of some man or woman:

The LORD said to Moses and Aaron in Egypt, This month will be the very first month of the year for you.   Tell the whole community of Israel: On the tenth day of this month each man must take a lamb or a young goat for his family-one animal per household. Your animal must be a one-year-old male that has no defects  Exo 12:1-3, 5

Take care of it until the fourteenth day of this month. "Then at dusk, all the assembled people from the community of Israel must slaughter their animals.  They must take some of the blood and put it on the sides and tops of the door frames of the houses where they will eat the animals. Exo 12:6, 7

Now let's plug His command to the Jews into what He wrote to us in the New Testament:

Six days before Passover, Jesus arrived in Bethany.  John 12:1

Six days, that would be 1. Friday, 2. Saturday the Sabbath, 3. Sunday the FIRST day of the week, 4. Monday, 5. Tuesday, 6. Wednesday...

The Triumphal of Jesus entry into Jerusalem, Sunday the third day and the FIRST day of the week:

When they came near Jerusalem and had reached Bethphage on the Mount of Olives, Jesus sent two disciples ahead of him.  He said to them, "Go into the village ahead of you. You will find a donkey tied there and a colt with it. Untie them, and bring them to me. If anyone says anything to you, tell him that the Lord needs them. That person will send them at once." This happened so that what the prophet had said came true:  "Tell the people of Zion, 'Your king is coming to you. He's gentle, riding on a donkey, on a colt, a young pack animal.'"  The disciples did as Jesus had directed them.  They brought the donkey and the colt and put their coats on them for Jesus to sit on.  Most of the people spread their coats on the road. Others cut branches from the trees and spread them on the road.  The crowd that went ahead of him and that followed him was shouting, "Hosanna to the Son of David! Blessed is the one who comes in the name of the Lord! Hosanna in the highest heaven!"   Matt 21: 1-9

Jesus left Jerusalem that day, it's still Sunday:

He left them and went out of the city to Bethany and spent the night there.  Matt 21:17

Monday the fourth day:

In the morning, as Jesus returned to the city,he became hungry.  When he saw a fig tree by the road, he went up to the tree and found nothing on it but leaves. He said to the tree, "May fruit never grow on you again!" At once the fig tree dried up.    Matt 21:18, 19

The next day, when they left Bethany,  Jesus became hungry. In the distance he saw a fig tree with leaves. He went to see if he could find any figs on it. When he came to it, he found nothing but leaves because it wasn't the season for figs. Then he said to the tree, "No one will ever eat fruit from you again!" His disciples heard this. Mark 11:12-14

Jesus leaves Jerusalem:

And when even was come, he went out of the city.  Mark 11:19

Tuesday the fifth day:

And in the morning, as they passed by, they saw the fig tree dried up from the roots.  And Peter calling to remembrance saith unto him, Master, behold, the fig tree which thou cursed is withered away.  Mark 11:20, 21

Wednesday the sixth day, ...the tenth day of the week exactly as God had commanded Moses: 

Now the first day of the feast of unleavened bread the disciples came to Jesus, saying unto him, Where wilt thou that we prepare for thee to eat the Passover?  And he said, Go into the city to such a man, and say unto him, The Master saith, My time is at hand; I will keep the Passover at thy house with my disciples.  And the disciples did as Jesus had appointed them; and they made ready the Passover.   Now when the even was come, he sat down with the twelve.  Matt 26:17-20

And the first day of unleavened bread, when they killed the Passover, his disciples said unto him, Where wilt thou that we go and prepare that thou may eat the Passover?   And he sent forth two of his disciples, and saith unto them, Go ye into the city, and there shall meet you a man bearing a pitcher of water: follow him.  And wheresoever he shall go in, say ye to the goodman of the house, The Master saith, Where is the guest chamber, where I shall eat the Passover with my disciples?   And he will shew you a large upper room furnished and prepared: there make ready for us.  And his disciples went forth, and came into the city, and found as he had said unto them: and they made ready the Passover. And in the evening he came with the twelve.    Mark 14: 12-17

So as the OP has stated, the Holy Spirit has shown us the Passover was the evening of Wednesday, ...Jewish time, that is, Wednesday started when three stars were visible in the night sky.

Now the rest of the story, ...Wednesday night:

And supper (Passover) being ended, the devil having now put into the heart of Judas Iscariot, Simon's son, to betray him;  John 13:2

When Jesus had spoken these words, he went forth with his disciples over the brook Cedron, where was a garden, into the which he entered, and his disciples.  John 18:1

Judas then, having received a band of men and officers from the chief priests and Pharisees, came with lanterns and torches and weapons. Jesus therefore, knowing all things that should come upon him, went forth, and said unto them, Whom seek ye?  They answered him, Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus saith unto them, I am he. And Judas also, which betrayed him, stood with them.  John 18:3-5

Then the band and the captain and officers of the Jews took Jesus, and bound him, 
And led him away to Annas first...
  John 18:12, 13 

Wednesday morning:

And as soon as it was day, the elders of the people and the chief priests and the scribes came together, and led him into their council,  Luke 22:66

Then led they Jesus from Caiaphas unto the hall of judgment: and it was early; and they themselves went not into the judgment hall, lest they should be defiled; but that they might eat the Passover.  Pilate then went out unto them, and said, What accusation bring ye against this man?   John 18:28,29

Then Pilate therefore took Jesus, and scourged him.  John 19:1

The Crucifixion and death Of our Lord Jesus Christ, ...Wednesday afternoon:

And it was about the sixth hour (noon), and there was a darkness over all the earth until the ninth  hour (3 PM).  And the sun was darkened, and the veil of the temple was rent in the midst.  And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost (died). Luke 23:44-46

Friday the seventh day of the week:

It was Friday, and the day of worship was just beginning. Luke 23:50-54

The Jewish day Saturday ended when three stars were visible in the sky and then Sunday began:

After the day of worship (Sabbath), as the sun rose Sunday morning, Mary from Magdala and the other Mary went to look at the tomb.  Matt 28:1

And when the sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene and Mary, the mother of James and Salome, had bought sweet spices so that they might come and anoint Him.  And very early in the morning, the first day of the week, they came upon the tomb, the sun having risen.   Mark 16:1, 2

Very early on Sunday morning the women went to the tomb. They were carrying the spices that they had prepared.   They found that the stone had been rolled away from the tomb. When they went in, they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus.  Luke 24:1-3

The Holy Spirit has made sure the Passover, Jesus celebration of it, His betrayal and arrest, His interrogation by the High Priest, the Sanhedrin and the the Roman Governor Pilot, who ALL found NO DEFECT in Him (Exo 12:5) has been accurately recorded for us!

The Resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ is the hinge pin on which our Salvation is assured, God, the Son, the Word became flesh and lived among us, He was Crucified for the sins of the world, and He rose again again the third day which means His Father, God, approved and was satisfied with His sacrifice of His Son, ...between the Incarnation of the God-Man Jesus Christ, His willingly taking upon Himself our sins and submitting to the Cup of the Wrath of God, dying and then rising again the third day, ...His Resurrection is the hinge PIN between the two events, without His Resurrection, that is, just taking upon Himself our sins is of no value to us, we would still be dead in our trespasses and sin, again, very important to understand and receive, the Resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ is the guarantee of our Salvation!   

And, brothers, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you have received, and in which you stand; by which you also are being kept safe, if you hold fast the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain. For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received, that Christ died for our sins, according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures;   1 Cor 15:1-4

There's the TRUTH according to the writings of the Holy Spirit, ...I'm not politically correct, I stand on the TRUTH and IT has guided, directed, comforted, encouraged, given me hope, kept me safe and is sanctifying me, conforming me into the image of my blessed Lord for these 33 years!

As for me, the Passover is and exchange of Cups, my Lord Jesus Christ took the Cup of God's wrath that I deserved:

Father, if You are willing, remove this cup from Me. Yet not My will, but Yours be done. Luke 22:42

and in exchange He gave me:

For I received from the Lord what I also delivered to you, that the Lord Jesus in the night in which he was betrayed took bread;  And giving thanks, He broke it and said, "Take, eat; this is My body, which is broken for you; this do in remembrance of Me." In the same way He took the cup also, after supping, saying, "This cup is the New Covenant in My blood; as often as you drink it, do this in remembrance of Me." For "as often as you eat this bread and drink this cup, you show" the Lord's death until He shall come. 1 Cor 11:23-26

For me, on Sunday, April 21, 2019 I will celebrate the Resurrection of my Lord and King Jesus Christ in remembrance of what HE has done for me personally, participating in the Communion Service with my true bothers and sisters IN Christ, family members of/in His TRUE Church wherever they may be scattered on this planet! 

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:  The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:  the LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace. 

Happy (blessed) Easter!

So let the naysayers begin, those that don't believe The Word of God,  .........those that the Holy Spirit wrote about through Peter:

But there were also false prophets among the people, even as there will be false teachers among you, who secretly will bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing on themselves swift destruction.  2 Pet 2:1

... And as he said in all his letters, which had to do with these things; in which are some hard sayings, so that, like the rest of the holy Writings, they are twisted by those who are uncertain and without knowledge, to the destruction of their souls. 2 Pet 3:16

But let God be true, and every man a liar;  Rom 3:4

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  56
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

We celebrate Yeshuas' rising any day a anytime. 

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Betha said:

You are very lucky if GOOD works flow through you naturally, without effort on your part. Most of us have a  real battle on our hands getting rid of bad old sinful habits that keep coming up even with God's Holy Spirit to help us.  And Paul had a problem doing what he needed to do for God Rom 7v14, 15.  Are you sure you are doing God's Will naturally/easily  ? 

No luck involved, if you believe in luck.......???

All I do when a temptation is presented to me is listen to the Holy Spirit's voice in my heart, He will give me the correct verse to overcome the temptation:

But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.  Jer 31:33

THAT'S the difference between trying to keep the Old Covenant which is physical and the New Covenant which is Spiritual, keeping the Old Covenant depends on you  Exo 19:8, keeping the New Covenant depends on the Holy Spirit and not on me, ...He gives me the verse to speak to overcome the temptation and I repeat it, ....JUST like Jesus showed us, ...He showed us man can overcome the temptations the devil throws at us, ...evidently from what you have written you don't understand or practice/apply it in your life, ...maybe you have never been taught this? 

Edited by JustPassingThru

4 hours ago, Betha said:

You are very lucky if GOOD works flow through you naturally, without effort on your part. Most of us have a  real battle on our hands getting rid of bad old sinful habits that keep coming up even with God's Holy Spirit to help us.  And Paul had a problem doing what he needed to do for God Rom 7v14, 15.  Are you sure you are doing God's Will naturally/easily  ? 

Like all Believers, I experience a war going on inside of me.Sometimes the old sinful nature wins and sometimes the New Nature wins.Some of these battles are very difficult others are not.Sometimes when not at war, good things come out from within me that previously did not exist.That is the Holy Spirit  working through me .That is easy , I had nothing to do with it.My life has ups-and- downs but thanks to God’s Holy Spirit , the overall trend is consistently up.God is finishing the job HE started.I may lose a battle or two in this Spiritual War But , thanks be to God , I WILL WIN the war.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1