• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  1

7 hours ago, Betha said:

Are you classing the 10 Commandments as OC ? 

Of course not, are you?

...what did Jesus say?

For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.  Matt 5:18

There's still a Heaven and an Earth...

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  1

8 hours ago, Betha said:

But what I found missing from your rendering (biblical as it was) was the true crux of the matter....on which day and what time  Yashua was  entombed, nor any mention of His own prediction, nor His actual PASSOVER instructions we read in 1Cor 11 and John 13. THESE are  what concern us in this discussion and are for us in the NT.....not the eating of the Seder meal.

Here, let me post it again:

And it was about the sixth hour, and there was a darkness over all the earth until the ninth hour.  And the sun was darkened, and the veil of the temple was rent in the midst. And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.  Luke 23:44-46

Jesus died (sic) on Wednesday at the 9th hour, that's 3 PM in the afternoon for us, the exact same time the Priests were killing the afternoon sacrifices in the Temple, ...Behold the Lamb of God!

When the even was come, there came a rich man of Arimathaea, named Joseph, who also himself was Jesus' disciple: He went to Pilate, and begged the body of Jesus. Then Pilate commanded the body to be delivered.  And when Joseph had taken the body, he wrapped it in a clean linen cloth,  And laid it in his own new tomb, which he had hewn out in the rock: and he rolled a great stone to the door of the sepulchre, and departed.  Matt 27:57-60

Roman Law stated that the Coroner certify the prisoner was dead, hence the spear piercing the side of Jesus, obviously Joseph of Arimathaea had to wait for Pilate to receive this, ...our story records for us it was the evening, ...the Jews at that time had two evenings, one that started at 3 Pm until 6 PM and the other at   6 PM until 3 starts were visible in the sky, which one it was the writer didn't tell us, ...but, either one would of been before the start of Thursday. 

Friday the 6th day of the week, my error, ...it was the Day of Preparation for the Sabbath of the Jews, preparing everything so that they weren't guilty of working on the Sabbath, ...I'm certain it's the same thing for you...

I haven't missed out on any new revelation key points, all I've done is show the time line of the Passion Week, ...and I'm certainly not the first one to do so, many more scholarly than myself have done the same! 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

On 4/14/2019 at 4:34 PM, East Sky said:

We celebrate Yeshuas' rising any day a anytime. 

I agree. I worship Jesus on Easter Sunday just as I worship Jesus on any other Sunday or day of the week. The only difference that there are more people in church on Easter Sunday.

• 3 years later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  268
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/25/2004

On 4/12/2019 at 9:25 AM, johnthebaptist said:

It's sort of hard to celebrate Easter any day but Sunday, if you are working Monday through Saturday, like many are required to do.

I love you, Brother, but let me tell you my background and thoughts. I did not grow up knowing anything about Jesus. The loudest voices I heard had to do with Christmas. While the birth of Jesus is important, that really shouldn't have had the loudest voice. What I knew about Easter was drowned out by the bunnies, eggs, candy and so on. I felt that the resurrection must not have been all that important to Christians. All the voices I heard made it very mystical. I did not believe that Christians had any greater truth than any other religion.

I guess the most important thing that seemed to stick with me was the claim that Jesus was sinless. The life that Jesus led made it very hard for me to be interested. If I was honest with myself, I was envious of someone who could be so righteous. What did that have to do with my life. I knew I couldn't live that way. Nor did I want to.

When God revealed the truth of Himself to me at the age of 40, I felt ashamed that I had not taken my life more serious. I studied the Scriptures diligently day after day. My bible was always with me. I would read at lunch. I read at dinner. All of my free time was spent either reading or communing with other believers. What did they believe? I mean, what was the WHOLE truth. 

The problem I first encountered had to do with Lent. I have a couple of siblings who are Catholic. What was this Lent and where in the Bible could I read more about it. Then, came the problem of Passover. I did not put Firstfruits together with it yet. But why was Passover sometimes at a much different time? Did it really have anything to do with Jesus? I read about Him being our Passover Lamb, but was that just conjecture? Was the Bible using euphemisms that were not entirely truthful? Could I even believe the simple claims of the Bible?

In my second year of this new life, I was invited to a Christian Seder. I figured that all Christians believed the same thing and I wanted to join in with everyone. The Seder I attended was held by some very strange people called Messianic Jews. They dressed funny. They sang and danced. I wondered if they had all collectively lost their minds. However, what I found out was that they actually seemed to believe the Bible more than any other Christians I had been around. They were pointing out things from the Old Testament that made it very hard to ignore.

When I asked other "normal" Christians about it, they gave a head nod, but explained that we were not bound by the rules of the Old Testament. So I dismissed it for a number of years as I was growing in the knowledge of God. Still, there was something that bothered me every year as Easter rolled around. I was fervent about wanting to know and follow Jesus. I kept seeing in the New Testament examples of the Apostles and even Jesus Himself celebrating these feasts.

I started learning about what the meaning of the feasts were. I learned that the Passover that Israel celebrated being delivered from Egypt actually pointed to Jesus delivering us from sin. What did these other feasts mean. I was taught the meaning of Pentecost and accepted that as the giving of the Holy Spirit. Nobody ever discussed any of the other feasts with me. What was counting the omer? Nobody even mentioned Firstfruits. I guessed that it was just some mysterious ritual that God had Israel do for some unknown reason. And what about the Fall Feasts? Was there any significance to them at all?

Then, I read Mark Biltz account of the meaning of the feasts. Wow! I was stunned. Was he just making that stuff up? Then, I started coming across others who believed similar things. The Spring Feasts were explained to be about His first coming and the Fall Feasts were about His return. It dawned on me that I might have been missing something very important. Moreover, I might have been celebrating things that ought not be celebrated. I couldn't see any harm in celebrating Christmas. But Easter really started bothering me - not because of the silliness of bunnies and whatnot, but because there had already been a celebration in the Bible that pointed this out, being Firstfruits.

I was mad. Why would loving believers that had mentored me for so many years neglect this? As a follower of Jesus, I did not want to cause any dissension, but quietly I began learning about what I maybe should be doing. After 15 years of keeping these matters pretty much to myself, I have gotten to the point where I attend Seders every year, I celebrate Firstfruits by waving the first grains of barley, I count the omer, I wave two leavened loaves on Pentecost, I BLOW the shofar on the Day of Trumpets, I contemplate my salvation on the Day of Atonement, I construct a booth to live in for a week during the Feast of Tabernacles and I meditate on what our eternal lives will be like on the 8th Great Day.

I have no doubt whatsoever that adhering to these appointments is good. I have no animosity towards others who do not do these things, but I feel so much more blessed doing them. Shalom, brother.

Edited by NickyLouse
  • Thanks 1