• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  679
  • Topics Per Day:  0.37
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Content Per Day:  0.72
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Betha said:

There is never a right time to discuss TRUTH in this fallen and deceived world where people have been led down the wrong path....for MANY are on the road to destruction compared to the FEW on the right way.Mat 7.

So because the world does it does not make it right !

I agree that if the world does it, it doesn't make it right. I look to Noah as my example of that. However though truth is always truth, there can be wisdom in how it is shared or declared. Right before Easter explaining the origins of Easter is a time when people are more emotionally involved and sometimes it is better to wait. Though I agree Easter is pagan, I do not believe I will sway people to that conclusion in this forum. If, however, some feel led later to examine it and pray about it, that would be great. I believe in many Truths and in right timing I will share them, but there is a pattern to truth that takes a little more time than just the declaration of it. The first step is truth must be recognized as truth, then that truth has to be accepted, and then the hard part which can sometimes take years is that the truth has to be applied in your own life. To state a truth is fine, to defend that truth is fine, but you will rarely sway people if the whole purpose of an discussion... is to win. No one wins an argument, but many can learn from a discussion.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  679
  • Topics Per Day:  0.37
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Content Per Day:  0.72
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Behold said:

God is not really concerned about what day you celebrate the resurrection.

This is something that people worry about.

Its the same with ....>"well, Jesus was probably born in................September.....so, why do we follow the "tradition" of celebrating Jesus's BD in Dec. ????????

And once again, God is yawning.   As the reality is, what day, what month, has no bearing, has no meaning, (in Eternity) as all that matters is that Jesus was Born, Died, and Lives.

So, what a good idea might be, is to have a chocolate bunny on "Easter", and share it with your kids.

Bake a cake on December 25th, and sing "Happy Birthday" to Jesus as you pass out the cake.

Really? God yawning huh, it is amazing that you know this. Actually the Lord God and the Lord Jesus have indicated throughout scripture that how and when we worship matters a great deal. Its should actually be considered under the concepts of obedience, love and worship. There is a lot more to God's word and his existence and his desires than, "ok, he lived, he died and lives again... blah, blah, blah (sorry, I added the blahs because that is how it sounded.)  Remember when we trust only in what we think is right, we are headed to disaster, for man has proven over the ages to be quite foolish on our own.

• Haha 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  1

I hear you. I have a thought though. Here in the United States it seems there are powers that be who would love to wipe all Christian holidays off the calendar completely. In fact they already have. No longer is it Easter break, the week before Easter. It’s Spring break just sometime in March. Same with Christmas. I’d rather this country celebrate as a nation Christian holidays rather than uhhh Ramadan or what have you. But for the Body of Christ, I see your point on trying to be precise. Although some of my nonbelieving family and friends only ever pray on those special days. 

• Loved it! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,206
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

59 minutes ago, Kristin said:

I hear you. I have a thought though. Here in the United States it seems there are powers that be who would love to wipe all Christian holidays off the calendar completely. In fact they already have. No longer is it Easter break, the week before Easter. It’s Spring break just sometime in March. Same with Christmas. I’d rather this country celebrate as a nation Christian holidays rather than uhhh Ramadan or what have you. But for the Body of Christ, I see your point on trying to be precise. Although some of my nonbelieving family and friends only ever pray on those special days. 

I totally agree with you.   The secular world seeks to get rid of any mention of knowledge of Christ.   Therefore, I am very glad there are the holidays of Christmas and Easter!!   As Christians we can celebrate the true reasons for these holidays!!

Also, at these holidays, we can have more opportunities to explain to others why Christ was born and resurrected.   We can have more opportunities to invite someone to church.    I get prayer letters from Christian Aid Mission and native missionaries use Christmas and Easter as opportunities to share Christ.   Muslims and Hindus are eager to attend these gatherings each year.    Anything that causes the name of Christ to be proclaimed is good in my book!!

• Loved it! 1

Debp,

Exactly. Others love these holidays and it gives us an opportunity to share with them Jesus crucified and resurrected and what it means to us sinners. I’m grateful they are still national holidays so people like them and view them in a positive light. 

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Kristin said:

Debp,

Exactly. Others love these holidays and it gives us an opportunity to share with them Jesus crucified and resurrected and what it means to us sinners. I’m grateful they are still national holidays so people like them and view them in a positive light. 

Amen!   I do love these holidays myself.   I love the cheer, love and warmth shown especially around Christmas.   I love walking into a store and hearing Christmas carols!   When people in the stores say happy holidays to me, I always respond Merry Christmas!   I always give my many neighbors a Christmas card....a good way to share the message of Christ!

Debp,  I do too!  It’s all part of my fondest memories of my innocent days. A joy to me!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.80

Shalom,

I hear what the proponents of Easter are saying, but should we really use pagan practices and dates as correct avenues to serve Yahweh?

What impression do you think this gives to atheists who know the truth?  Isn't it a counter-witness? In doing such things, don't we appear as a compromising faith or as a bunch of hypocrites? 

It seems many are stuck on nostalgia and warm feelings that these dates bring, But what a cost!  No matter how you try and adapt your thinking, you are acknowledging a holiday named after a pagan goddess, or even buying the egg she apparently "descended from heaven" in, and then spuriously connecting it to our Lord somehow.  Personally, I see that as confusion and compromise.

Some might argue "We can celebrate the resurrection any day, why not on Easter?" Okay, but do you celebrate particularly more on that day?  Do you proclaim the name of Lord alongside the name Easter (the goddess Ishtar) on that day?  How far can you stretch your reasoning and, more importantly, why bother?  Is it something you simply cannot give up?  

Consider for a moment the actual reason WHY Yahweh gave us the Sun and the Moon, detailed right at the beginning. This is how Genesis 1:14 reads: Then Elohim said, “Let there be lights in the firmament of the heavens to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs and MOEDIM, and for days and years;  The word Moedim is not "seasons" as it is poorly translated in some English versions.  Moedim is the very same word used to describe ALL of the Feasts of Yahweh. The definition of Moedim is as follows: appointed time, place, or meeting ~ Strong's Concordance (4150)

So then, the Sun and Moon serve to all mankind (not just Jews) for SIGNS and APPOINTMENTS - that is, to detail an appointed time for an event, whether it be the Sabbath, the New Moon, or the Feasts of Yahweh. Again, Moedim is the word used for the Feasts or rather, the Appointments of Yahweh.

Praise Yahweh, that the amazing and divine purpose of the Sun and Moon's Creation is to show these Appointed Times!  How important they must be to Him!  However, many just observe the luminaries as indicators of time of day, month and year alone.  Aren't they missing out on the wonderful orchestration of their cycles?  Yahweh has given us a time piece that will not fail, yet many look at a paper-based calendar instead, working out when the next Easter or Christmas will be!  Tradition, tradition, nostalgia, nostalgia.

The only arguments for Easter all seem to be about witnessing and nostalgia.  But aren't the cycles of the Sun and the Moon witness enough?  Doesn't the Passover Story give a better witness of Salvation than that of a big bunny?  Won't the Feasts of Yahweh become nostalgic, the more often we enjoy them?  Or shall we expect them to become nostalgic first before we observe them?  

How would we think of Israel if it read in this in the Book of Kings "And Israel moved the times of The LORD's Feasts to that of the surrounding nations, and joined in their mirth under their idols and practices, and followed not The LORD's appointed times".  Would you think "Well, at least there was a lot of holiday cheer and it probably enabled them to witness..."

I'm not saying you need to keep the Feasts of Yahweh to be saved - before anyone tries to accuse me of that.  But, I will say this confidently; It's better not to observe ANY pagan holiday and Feast of Yahweh, rather than to JUST observe the pagan ones.

Perhaps there will be an decent explanation, still to be posted, which annuls the Feasts of the Yahweh and exalts these ones of Babylon instead, or perhaps not. But if you don't have a solid answer in your heart, which you think would stand well before Yahweh on the Day of Accounting, work to change your ways THIS holiday season!  You won't lack of anything if you do (other than chocolate eggs).  Your worship will no longer be unequally yoked (or yolked) with that goddess' name.  And, if you enjoy holidays, you'll be gaining more to enjoy in the Feasts of Yahweh!

Love & Shalom

• This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

I celebrate Easter as remembering Christ's resurrection.  My conscience is clear. :angel:

• This is Worthy 1