• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  1

20 minutes ago, Debp said:

I celebrate Easter as remembering Christ's resurrection.

*emphasis mine.

That's kinda the whole point of my post. Do consider that name next to our Lord's name and work. 

Perhaps it would be easier to explain if it was not Easter... For example: "I celebrate Beelzebub as remembering Christ's resurrection"

Ah well, no point going in circles. I've leave it with you.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,017
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

3 minutes ago, Tzephanyahu said:

*emphasis mine.

That's kinda the whole point of my post. Do consider that name next to our Lord's name and work. 

Perhaps it would be easier to explain if it was not Easter... For example: "I celebrate Beelzebub as remembering Christ's resurrection"

Ah well, no point going in circles. I've leave it with you.

Yes, I don't want to go in circles either....:heart: I have peace about this.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

13 hours ago, Tigger56 said:

Really? God yawning huh, it is amazing that you know this. Actually the Lord God and the Lord Jesus have indicated throughout scripture that how and when we worship matters a great deal. Its should actually be considered under the concepts of obedience, love and worship. There is a lot more to God's word and his existence and his desires than, "ok, he lived, he died and lives again... blah, blah, blah (sorry, I added the blahs because that is how it sounded.)  Remember when we trust only in what we think is right, we are headed to disaster, for man has proven over the ages to be quite foolish on our own.

Chirst's Blood, delivered us from the curse of the Law.   His sacrifice nailed unto himself all authority the Law had to judge us for not keeping commandments, and the Law.

The New Covenant, that is written in the Blood of God, who is Christ on the cross, allows us freedom from trying to earn God's acceptance by keeping sabbaths, commandments, or doing penance, etc.

The fact that the entire "Law" has been abolished by the Cross,  and Grace has been revealed as our New Covenant relationship with God, is not something that should be ignored by so many believers who would try to be overly and endlessly concerned with a type of Christian discipleship that is strictly related to keeping what is abolished, instead of living in the freedom of serving God because we have become His very Righteousness.

A fact that escapes all Legalists is the fact that when they meet Jesus The Christ, at the Judgement Seat, He is not going to care about how many sabbaths they kept, or how many Sundays in a row they sat up front.  He is only going to care about 1.) Their personal (Lifestyle) devotion to holiness.....2.) How many Souls did you bring to Him. 

All the rest that a born again person can worry about, is pretty much as related to those 2, =  not so important other then taking care of your family.

Edited by Behold

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  679
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Behold said:

Chirst's Blood, delivered us from the curse of the Law.   His sacrifice nailed unto himself all authority the Law had to judge us for not keeping commandments, and the Law.

The New Covenant, that is written in the Blood of God, who is Christ on the cross, allows us freedom from trying to earn God's acceptance by keeping sabbaths, commandments, or doing penance, etc.

The fact that the entire "Law" has been abolished by the Cross,  and Grace has been revealed as our New Covenant relationship with God, is not something that should be ignored by so many believers who would try to be overly and endlessly concerned with a type of Christian discipleship that is strictly related to keeping what is abolished, instead of living in the freedom of serving God because we have become His very Righteousness.

A fact that escapes all Legalists is the fact that when they meet Jesus The Christ, at the Judgement Seat, He is not going to care about how many sabbaths they kept, or how many Sundays in a row they sat up front.  He is only going to care about 1.) Their personal (Lifestyle) devotion to holiness.....2.) How many Souls did you bring to Him. 

All the rest that a born again person can worry about, is pretty much as related to those 2, =  not so important other then taking care of your family.

I always hear that all law has been nailed to the cross, but find that statement amazing in the fact that the sacrifice of our Lord was acceptable for he was without sin, which means he never transgressed the law. So the greatest act of obedience is what many want to use as an excuse not to be obedient. My mind goes tilt with this. The Lord Jesus never, never, never, in all of his words and teachings to the disciples ever states all law is done away with. In fact he states that those who love him will keep the commandments. In truth, most have no problems with the commands of honor thy father and mother, do not covet, do not steal, do not commit murder, etc....  Most Christians rather state those are good things to follow. But the law becomes somehow an evil if it comes to the fourth commandment, Keep the Sabbath holy. This is really what most have a problem with. They desire to worship as they see fit not as the Lord commands. The Lord Jesus paid the price of what we were all under and that is the penalty of sin which is death. Sin in the bible is described as the transgression of God's law. Thus, we know that we can never perfectly keep the law and would never by the law obtain salvation. But in his sacrifice, he opens the door for repentance and restoration unto him and the Father. Thus all sin was nailed to the cross so that we can always find a path of salvation through his name and his blood and his sacrifice. But it doesn't mean that we can all do as we please, it means we have been given the freedom to worship him as he commands. What are we repenting of, if there is no sin? How can there be sin, if there is no law?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

29 minutes ago, Betha said:

Should we be surprised at the differences, disagreements and arguments we have with each other ?

Are we forgetting there is a WAR going on ? between the god of this world and his followers and the returning Lord from Heaven and His Saints ?

what did Yashua (the REAL Jesus say  ?) Mat 10v34 think not that I am come to send peace on  earth, I came not to send peace but a sword. This is war !

When people follow human traditions they will obviously CLASH with GOD's Will which is different. Who will survive ?

We all have the same Father, if we are born again.  We all belong to the same eternal family.

"He that is spiritual JUDGES all things, including what people teach on a forum like this one".....

And when trying to discern, on a forum like this one, who is spreading Light, vs who is devoted to legalism, there are a few points to consider for verification.

First, is .....what someone is teaching about salvation, do they give all the Credit to Christ for salvation and take no thought to try to prove that you "must do" works to stay saved?   As this teaching is trying to present a theology that is not giving Christ all the credit for saving you, and is at odds with "justification by faith", and is in in fact trying to take some of the credit by "working" for it, after it has already happened.

2.) If the person, 95% of the time, uses OT verses to try to talk about salvation or discipleship , then that is a problem., as Grace and the Blood Atonement , are New Testament situations.

3.) Notice if the person seems to live in Matthew, James, & Hebrews, and is endlessly talking about "confessing sin" to stay right with God.....As in this case, the person is caught up in legalism.

4.) Is the person devoted to the teachings of Paul, and uses this to discern the correct interpretations of all things said by all other writers in the New Testament?   And why is this a "must"?  Its because Jesus gave the doctrines of the Church to Paul, separate from the rest, and in fact, some of the writings of the other apostles, are written before Paul was able to teach them what Christ had given Him, to give to them and to us.

Peter came to understand this, and in fact in 2nd Peter, he gives Paul's letters, equal value to the TORAH, and equates the letters of Paul as scripture.

Here is an example.....In Acts 10, which is about 10 yrs after Christ was back in heaven, Peter is being taught in a vision that Gentiles can be saved, and not just Jews.   So, this means that at least 10 yrs after Jesus ascended, Peter still had no idea about "justification by faith" or in fact "Grace", and was still teaching "Jewish repentance and water baptism", (What John the Baptist taught to the House of Israel).... as the way to be saved.

Edited by Behold

4 hours ago, Tigger56 said:

I always hear that all law has been nailed to the cross, but find that statement amazing in the fact that the sacrifice of our Lord was acceptable for he was without sin, which means he never transgressed the law. So the greatest act of obedience is what many want to use as an excuse not to be obedient. My mind goes tilt with this. The Lord Jesus never, never, never, in all of his words and teachings to the disciples ever states all law is done away with. In fact he states that those who love him will keep the commandments. In truth, most have no problems with the commands of honor thy father and mother, do not covet, do not steal, do not commit murder, etc....  Most Christians rather state those are good things to follow. But the law becomes somehow an evil if it comes to the fourth commandment, Keep the Sabbath holy. This is really what most have a problem with. They desire to worship as they see fit not as the Lord commands. The Lord Jesus paid the price of what we were all under and that is the penalty of sin which is death. Sin in the bible is described as the transgression of God's law. Thus, we know that we can never perfectly keep the law and would never by the law obtain salvation. But in his sacrifice, he opens the door for repentance and restoration unto him and the Father. Thus all sin was nailed to the cross so that we can always find a path of salvation through his name and his blood and his sacrifice. But it doesn't mean that we can all do as we please, it means we have been given the freedom to worship him as he commands. What are we repenting of, if there is no sin? How can there be sin, if there is no law?

Correct, there is no law in effect regarding the Born Again.

And what is even better is that Romans 4:8, explains what you need to understand about what God does not do, when you commit what the abolished Law use to judge you for doing.

The law WAS our "school master", its God's holy Mirror that reflects our unholiness, as compared to His Holiness so that we understand our situation, and turn to the CROSS to be saved FROM THis situation.

But now that Christ is risen, and "Grace and Truth came by Jesus, and the Law came by Moses"......now that the Blood Of Jesus, " Blotted  out - Abolished- the LAW that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;, so that we are now NO LONGER UNDER the LAW, but we are UNDER GRACE"....

So, you are free from the Law, as the Law has no more power to judge you, no more power to condemn you, because Jesus has taken this upon himself, in our place, and the effect of this, is ETERNAL, once SALVATION (thru His Blood) is applied to us.

The reason "sin" has no more dominion over you, over us, is because the Law that gave it the power to have dominion, is GONE, abolished, and so is its power to condemn or judge.   Romans 6:14

And this is why a believer will never be judged for "sin" in heaven, as Jesus has already BEEN Judged on EARTH.

Edited by Behold
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  679
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  0

Apparently I struck a nerve based on the capitalized letters (shouting in text). Paul kept the law, he was a pharisee of the pharisees, he observed the Sabbath and holy days. Favor under grace isn't the license or excuse to do as we please but a reason to obey. Sin has no more dominion based on repentance and forgiveness. Please tell me.... which law is giving you the problem?  Are you defending adultery, are you defending murder? or once again... is it the Sabbath that is the stumbling block unto you? I walk in freedom because of the price paid by my Savior but it is the freedom and love of obedience than the right to do as I please. So many Christians believe in the law even while they fiercely decry that it is done away. Truthfully, do you do as you please thinking that the sacrifice of our Lord gave you free rein? In the section quoted Paul stated were were made free from sin to be servants of righteousness. What do you think constitutes righteousness.... obedience and worship to the Lord, or do as we please. 

Even Peter stated that some of Paul's writings were difficult so I do understand your confusion. But if I must choose a path, then I will follow the steps of My Lord. He kept the holy day, he kept the Sabbath, He loved all and He loved God first. He kept the commandments. If I walk in his steps I think I am definitely where I desire to be.

Due to the anger that appears to be present in you, I find myself perhaps being drawn into an argument is something I never have a desire to do. I do not believe my words will sway you as I know yours won't with me. So I will stop my posts in regards to this matter and please, if you desire, you may have the last word.

Edited by Tigger56
Added more words and corrected an error in typing
  • Loved it! 1

Now we have a law that is written in our hearts.   I don't believe in sinning....but this comes from the law written in my heart through Jesus.

Sometimes I hear some Muslims say that because we have the Savior, they think we have a license to sin.   They can't understand that although we are forgiven and our sins are paid for by Christ....that we don't want to sin.   We seek to walk with Jesus.   However, this comes from the law which is written in our hearts, not legalism.    We are not under a legalistic system such as the Muslims but under grace.

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,228
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Mar 16:1  And when the sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, had bought sweet spices, that they might come and anoint him. Mar 16:2  And very early in the morning the first day of the week, they came unto the sepulchre at the rising of the sun.

Mat 28:1  In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.

Luk 24:1  Now upon the first day of the week, very early in the morning, they came unto the sepulchre, bringing the spices which they had prepared, and certain others with them.

Joh 20:1  The first day of the week cometh Mary Magdalene early, when it was yet dark, unto the sepulchre, and seeth the stone taken away from the sepulchre.

All we know for sure is that He arose after sunset of the 7th day Sabbath and well before dawn when the women came.  It would have been the first day of the week according to Jewish calandras in which the first day began after sunset the night before.  So that may have been at 2 AM, we aren't told.  If it was at 9 PM of the first day, it is still the first day.  So if you want to celebrate after sunset on Saturday you may.  I find it more convenient to celebrate on Sunday, still the first day of the week.  

Col 2:16 So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths, Col 2:17  which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

4 minutes ago, Debp said:

Now we have a law that is written in our hearts.   I don't believe in sinning....but this comes from the law written in my heart through Jesus.

Sometimes I hear some Muslims say that because we have the Savior, they think we have a license to sin.   They can't understand that although we are forgiven and our sins are paid for by Christ....that we don't want to sin.   We seek to walk with Jesus.   However, this comes from the law which is written in our hearts, not legalism.    We are not under a legalistic system such as the Muslims but under grace.

P.S.  For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."

• Thumbs Up 1