• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.32
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD: I will put my law within them, and I will write it upon their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Jer 31:33 RSV 

In your walk with the Lord, has he given you any rules to follow?

• Thanks 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

I would say He has. I was on a self-destructive sinful and  path wanted my life to end. The Lord filled me with the Holy Spirit which led me to the good book. Upon reading I became aware of God's law and how I was expected to live as a believer.

Edited by BorderCowboy
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

1 hour ago, johnthebaptist said:

I wouldn't say rules exactly, but some strong admonishments. One biggie: Stay away from the occult, and help steer as many from it as possible. God bless!

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.44

yep the commands of Jesus :)

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

2 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD: I will put my law within them, and I will write it upon their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Jer 31:33 RSV 

yes he has.....   Love God with all your heart and soul, love your neighbor, repent of sins, be baptized as he was and me personally walk constantly with the Holy Spirit.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

2 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

TO FOLLOW THE LAMB WHERESOEVER HE DOES LEAD .   FOR if we follow HIM , if we walk after the Spirit ,   we would not fulfill the lusts of the flesh .

And how does one become wise unto salvation through our faith IN CHRIST .   THEY love and feast on those holy scrips which do make one wise unto salvation through our faith in Christ .

OH feasting on The sayings of the LORD , wherein happy is the one who hears and does those sayings .    The new convenant

where by THE HOLY GHOST ,  who is our witness IS WITNESS to that .  I shall write my laws upon their minds and in their hearts .

Oh my dear friends ,  if we say we abide in HIM , then we walk as DID HE .     Not in darkness of sins hold and loving the evil nature ,  BUT IN HIS LIGHT .

Wherein we would walk righteously , godly and soberly in this world and deny all ungodliness and wordly lusts .    IF we are under GRACE then its clearly known.

For those truly under grace would be taught to deny all ungodliness and wordly lusts and to be living soberly , righteously and godly by THE SPIRIT .  IF so be we have THE SPIRIT .

Any man who has not the Spirit of Christ is none of His ,  but if we have the SPIRIT then the body is dead because of sin .

A man is the servant to whom he obeys .    And that word cannot be broken .   So , on that note ,   let us ensure the LOVE we have on our hearts , IS OF GOD and not the sensual love which is of the world . 

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

Yes, I'm not to watch anything where Satan is an actual character in the show or movie. This doesn't include Biblical movies but everything else. It's more of an agreement between me & the Lord than it was a command. It's a good idea.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,900
  • Content Per Day:  3.26
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

11 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

Just the one..."Walk in the Spirit".

Gal 5:16-26
(16)  I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.
(17)  For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish.
(18)  But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.
(19)  Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness,
(20)  idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies,
(21)  envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
(22)  But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
(23)  gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
(24)  And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
(25)  If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
(26)  Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.

The dilemma of creating rules and having to enforce them is fraught with abuses. In these Scriptures we are admonished and exhorted to do two main things, abide in the Spirit and conduct ourselves in the Spirit. We can chose to do this or not but no person or organisation can force such a choice, whilst there is, however, a mandate for choices that affect the ekklesia to be managed by it, as the NT epistles so often affirm.  

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.32
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

10 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

Just the one..."Walk in the Spirit".

Gal 5:16-26
(16)  I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.
(17)  For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish.
(18)  But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.
(19)  Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness,
(20)  idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies,
(21)  envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
(22)  But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
(23)  gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
(24)  And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
(25)  If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
(26)  Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.

The dilemma of creating rules and having to enforce them is fraught with abuses. In these Scriptures we are admonished and exhorted to do two main things, abide in the Spirit and conduct ourselves in the Spirit. We can chose to do this or not but no person or organisation can force such a choice, whilst there is, however, a mandate for choices that affect the ekklesia to be managed by it, as the NT epistles so often exemplify.  

We have just the one teacher.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,900
  • Content Per Day:  3.26
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

18 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

We have just the one teacher.

Ultimately, but here's something to contemplate, some of us are given a teaching role passed on from Christ by the Holy Spirit.

Eph 4:11-12
(11)  And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers,
(12)  for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ,

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1