shortangel

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  0

this Sunday is Palm Sunday,  how does Jesus rideing a donkey & people waving palm branches to welcome as him King  mean to you? what are your opinions on Palm Sunday???

Edited by shortangel
no s, no question marks

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,061
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

I'm one of those people who don't really have special days more important than any others.....    but the day that Jesus did it, it was fulfilling a prophecy that leads me to believe the Bible as it is written.....     Since I don't remember being instructed to do anything special on that day I don't really pay much attention to it.....    our church has some things goin on that I do not think is harmful but I personally would rather not do....

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,808
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

Palm Sunday is not about the donkey or the palm branches.  It is, as other one said, a fulfillment of prophecy from Zechariah 9:  “Rejoice greatly, Daughter Zion! Shout, Daughter Jerusalem! See, your king comes to you, righteous and victorious, lowly and riding on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey”

That, in itself, is exciting to me.

The Bible calls that event the "triumphal entry" of Jesus Christ.

Why was is such a triumph?  Because Jesus is/was the "Lamb, slain from the foundation of the world" and he was making his own death march although no one knew it.  And that death was going to bring triumph over the grave and sin.

The people, and probably on the heels of Lazarus being raised from the dead because at this time the religious leaders were looking for Lazarus and trying to kill him too, were shouting the praise of Christ - "Hosanna!!" - which means "Save us!"

Unfortunately they were not thinking of their immortal souls being saved, but their nation and people.

I enjoy Palm Sunday at my church.  We don't wave palm branches anymore [we did decades ago at the beginning of the service].  But we listen to a sermon on the significance of the death of Christ and our need for salvation and of some of the events of the Holy Week.

Those events in the Bible are very meaningful for me to read, study, learn about, and hear preached upon.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  1

Palm Sunday was proof of the Lords Triumphant entry into Jerusalem. That day they could have crowned Him King!  But alas, they did not. Some knew though. Oh Israel! 

• Loved it! 1

Amen I agree with everything said here Jesus rideing a donkey was the fullfullment  of prophesy :)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,644
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

9 hours ago, shortangel said:

this Sunday is Palm Sunday,  how does Jesus riding a donkey & people waving palm branches to welcome as him King  mean to you? what are your opinions on Palm Sunday???

10 Nisan

The date of the presentation of the pascal lamb.

If it happened on Sunday then the crucifixion occurred on Thursday

14 Nisan

It is the day 173,880 days after the decree to rebuild Jerusalem by Artaxerxes Longimanus circa 447 BCE.

The day before the resurrection that confirmed to all Yeshua HaNotsri is the Moshiakh b'Elohiym. 

This is "the" day of their visitation.

Luke 19:28–48 (AV)
28 And when he had thus spoken, he went before, ascending up to Jerusalem.
29 And it came to pass, when he was come nigh to Bethphage and Bethany, at the mount called the mount of Olives, he sent two of his disciples,
30 Saying, Go ye into the village over against you; in the which at your entering ye shall find a colt tied, whereon yet never man sat: loose him, and bring him hither.
31 And if any man ask you, Why do ye loose him? thus shall ye say unto him, Because the Lord hath need of him.
32 And they that were sent went their way, and found even as he had said unto them.
33 And as they were loosing the colt, the owners thereof said unto them, Why loose ye the colt?
34 And they said, The Lord hath need of him.
35 And they brought him to Jesus: and they cast their garments upon the colt, and they set Jesus thereon.
36 And as he went, they spread their clothes in the way.
37 And when he was come nigh, even now at the descent of the mount of Olives, the whole multitude of the disciples began to rejoice and praise God with a loud voice for all the mighty works that they had seen;
38 Saying, Blessed be the King that cometh in the name of the Lord: peace in heaven, and glory in the highest.
39 And some of the Pharisees from among the multitude said unto him, Master, rebuke thy disciples.
40 And he answered and said unto them, I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out.
41 And when he was come near, he beheld the city, and wept over it,
42 Saying, If thou hadst known, even thou, at least in this thy day, the things which belong unto thy peace! but now they are hid from thine eyes.
43 For the days shall come upon thee, that thine enemies shall cast a trench about thee, and compass thee round, and keep thee in on every side,
44 And shall lay thee even with the ground, and thy children within thee; and they shall not leave in thee one stone upon another; because thou knewest not the time of thy visitation.
45 And he went into the temple, and began to cast out them that sold therein, and them that bought;
46 Saying unto them, It is written, My house is the house of prayer: but ye have made it a den of thieves.
47 And he taught daily in the temple. But the chief priests and the scribes and the chief of the people sought to destroy him,
48 And could not find what they might do: for all the people were very attentive to hear him.

It is both a joyous and a very sad day.

Edited by JohnD
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 2

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,228
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

3 minutes ago, JohnD said:

10 Nisan

The date of the presentation of the pascal lamb.

My thoughts as well.  And Christ, the Lamb of God, Who takes away the sin of the World.  Joh 1:29  NKJV The next day John saw Jesus coming to him and said, Look! There is the Lamb of God, Who takes away the sin of the world! [Exo 12:3; Isa 53:7

All of Isaiah 53 is such a good meditation this season.

Isa 53:2  For He shall grow up before Him as a tender plant, And as a root out of dry ground. He has no form or comeliness; And when we see Him, There is no beauty that we should desire Him.

Isa 53:3  He is despised and rejected by men, A Man of sorrows and acquainted with grief. And we hid, as it were, our faces from Him; He was despised, and we did not esteem Him.

Isa 53:4  Surely He has borne our griefs And carried our sorrows; Yet we esteemed Him stricken, Smitten by God, and afflicted.

Isa 53:5  But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed.

Isa 53:6  All we like sheep have gone astray; We have turned, every one, to his own way; And the LORD has laid on Him the iniquity of us all.

Isa 53:7  He was oppressed and He was afflicted, Yet He opened not His mouth; He was led as a lamb to the slaughter, And as a sheep before its shearers is silent, So He opened not His mouth.

Isa 53:8  He was taken from prison and from judgment, And who will declare His generation? For He was cut off from the land of the living; For the transgressions of My people He was stricken.

Isa 53:9  And they made His grave with the wicked— But with the rich at His death, Because He had done no violence, Nor was any deceit in His mouth.

Isa 53:10  Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise Him; He has put Him to grief. When You make His soul an offering for sin, He shall see His seed, He shall prolong His days, And the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in His hand.

Isa 53:11  He shall see the labor of His soul, and be satisfied. By His knowledge My righteous Servant shall justify many, For He shall bear their iniquities.

Isa 53:12  Therefore I will divide Him a portion with the great, And He shall divide the spoil with the strong, Because He poured out His soul unto death, And He was numbered with the transgressors, And He bore the sin of many, And made intercession for the transgressors.

• This is Worthy 3

Amen I agree :)

good Palm Sunday everyone,  I hope everyone had a good Palm Sunday service :)

• Thanks 1