• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  58
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Hi everyone

I love a guy that used push-pull strategies on me, I got really pissed and decided to move on.

It has been 5 years now and I still love him. 
I asked God so many times to help me stop loving him, but he does not seem to help me.

Does it mean God does not want me to move on? Does it mean God want me to be with him?
If he is not the guy God has for me then why cant I just move on?

Thanks

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

If this man is not a Christian and you are, then I'd say it's time to move on. The relationship as it now stands after five years is a bit sketchy, and lacks some information. The whole thing could be a lot more complicated than it may appear, and I wouldn't want to pass any snap judgement on it. 

But from what you're saying, you wish to break it up. The love you have may always be there, but the Lord will help you if it is His will for your life. Perhaps praying for God's direction, can ease these feelings. Sometimes we need to get very specific with Him, and He is faithful to guide His children. God bless.

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

50 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

If this man is not a Christian and you are, then I'd say it's time to move on. The relationship as it now stands after five years is a bit sketchy, and lacks some information. The whole thing could be a lot more complicated than it may appear, and I wouldn't want to pass any snap judgement on it. 

But from what you're saying, you wish to break it up. The love you have may always be there, but the Lord will help you if it is His will for your life. Perhaps praying for God's direction, can ease these feelings. Sometimes we need to get very specific with Him, and He is faithful to guide His children. God bless.

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles 

I would agree here with my brother Beau, lot's of details missing.  Yes first off is he a believer, second are you a Christian?  Five years is a long time to keep hanging on.  You need to let go, and get out of the way and let God do what He has to do.  If this is not the right one God has something better.  I don't know how old you are but you sound young and there is most likely a lot of time.  When you keep hanging on to something like this God cannot do what He wants to because you keep getting in the middle.  So as I said let go and let God do what He wants to do.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  1

Love is real and does last. But you knew 5 years ago this man was not good for you. Please pray to be set free from your attachment and wondering. How can you successfully go forward when you’re looking in the rear view mirror. I did that for a long time when I was young. I wish now I would have looked forward a lot sooner. God has wonderful things in front of you. Not behind. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,272
  • Content Per Day:  1.73

8 hours ago, NathWChristian said:
Hi everyone

I love a guy that used push-pull strategies on me, I got really pissed and decided to move on.

I asked God so many times to help me stop loving him, but he does not seem to help me.

Does it mean God does not want me to move on? Does it mean God want me to be with him?

Thanks

Love is powerfull and it grows deep, deep roots. You made a decission based on your intellect, that this guy is bad for you. Unfortunetly your emotions are still deeply entangled with him.

It is hard to stop loving someone. I can't tell you how, all I can suggest is to talk to other available guys to date, to look forward rather than back.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,899
  • Content Per Day:  3.09
  • Days Won:  1

Don't look back look at Jesus

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,206
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

I agree with everyone who said don't look back.   Living in the past doesn't help anyone....it can hinder a person.   Learn to get your eyes on Jesus, and on current things in your life.     The Lord should be our focus...not people who are detrimental to us.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

On 4/12/2019 at 2:57 PM, NathWChristian said:
Hi everyone

Thanks

I seem to have a similar problem. Still, we mustn't let ourselves become dependent on another human being. You do need to move on. 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

On 4/12/2019 at 3:57 PM, NathWChristian said:

It's hard. I had a similar problem, not about a person but a life change that seemed to have been stripped from me and I kept wanting to "go back."  The truth is that anything we desire (whether we consiously want to or not) can stand between us and a good relationship with God.

Give your heart totally to Christ, trust in Him and there will be no room for anything else. It might not happend immediately, but He will fill your heart so full that you won't need anything except what He gives you and you will know without doubt that it's from His hand.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

On 4/12/2019 at 2:57 PM, NathWChristian said:
Hi everyone

Thanks

But you are telling God what to do. You need to pray and ask God to guide and direct you as to His plan He has for your life. You are not in control of your life He is. Is your heart genuinely open to God?