• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/02/1992

On 4/16/2019 at 11:09 PM, Takoda said:

I have never heard of this. Do you have any sources?

I'm sorry it took me such a long time to reply, I wasn't able to come online for a while. I briefly looked it up for you now, but surprisingly, I see there is not much about it in the English-speaking part of the Internet. More can be found in some other languages, so if you speak any other language, you can try to look it up in those and see. Where I come from it was a loud enough case (already very long ago) to become common knowledge by now, so I was convinced until now that everyone heard of it everywhere. Now it seems to be a buried case, unfortunately, but that's what often happens with uncomfortable information...

This seems to be the only well-written English article I came across, although only about a tiny part of this quite a huge subject: https://newafricanmagazine.com/18285/ They mention a documentary there, "Cold Case Hammarskjöld". Honestly, I don't recall ever seeing it, so I can't say much about it, but if you're interested then maybe you can find it somewhere and see what it's about - at least quotes from it look interesting.

Anyways, I think discussing this any further would require a seperate topic on the forum, so we don't go any more offtopic in this one. Hence why I'd like to not continue this subject here. You may start a new topic for this subject if it grabs enough of your interest. For now that's it from my side.

God bless you.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

On 4/15/2019 at 6:45 AM, Who me said:

Is the homosexual life style 'innocent', not hurting people?

My step-brother was active in the gay lifestyle. Sad to say, he contracted HIV and didn't live to see his 30th birthday. Really tragic, I think. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praying! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

There have always been people who want to believe that they have the right to decide what's wrong & what isn't. I can remember as a young man that for years I wanted my desires to be fine with God. I think it took 20 yrs for me to believe God is right, He knows what He's doing.

I pray that God hurries to open everyone's minds to Him.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81

Woe to those who would bring one of these little ones to sin. Better he had a millstone tide to His neck and tossed to the sea.  It does something to the mind when choose to cross a line. This nation and others have crossed that line choosing to except what God says is an abomination 

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

On 4/13/2019 at 3:35 AM, Leyla said:

Why is the desire to be with the person you love or to be intimate with that person, a sin? Is homosexuality just dead weight that some people have to carry around their entire life?

It's not a sin to desire companionship and intimacy. It is sinful to have homosexual relations, polygamy, paedophilia, etc.

No, homosexuality isn't a dead weight to be carried but a burden to be lifted. People MUST change as many with wives and children claim they are homosexual, how did they have children...?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

On 4/13/2019 at 2:35 AM, Leyla said:

Why is the desire to be with the person you love or to be intimate with that person, a sin? Is homosexuality just dead weight that some people have to carry around their entire life?

I'm not being arrogant responding to your question. The Bible, God's word is expressly clear on the subject, He did not created Adam & Steve. The Lord commanded we populate the earth. Just looking at it from the natural world of creation; if humans and nature were not opposite and procreate, how long would it take before extinction? 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

People and churches that reject the authority of the Holy Scriptures are lodges or country clubs but do not deserve to bear the name of Christ.  They do not worship the God of the Bible but one of their own imaginations, being conformed to the world.  Mere friendship with the world is being an enemy of God.

1Ti 6:20  NKJV  O Timothy! Guard what was committed to your trust, avoiding the profane and idle babblings and contradictions of what is falsely called knowledge— 1Ti 6:21 by professing it some have strayed concerning the faith. Grace be with you. Amen.

• This is Worthy 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  137
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  05/27/1943

When it comes down to issues that divide Christians, issues like homosexuality, it almost always comes down to a matter of Bible interpretation. One of the finest Biblical scholars of the past several decades was the late Walter Wink. He has written an essay on the question that indicates that the Bible doesn't always say what we think it does. You can find it at:

http://www.stpetersloganville.org/images/Homosexuality_and_the_Bible.pdf

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

On 4/13/2019 at 3:35 AM, Leyla said:

This may help those who struggle with homosexuality, you aren't the only Christians with such a fight. Here is what I mean. Yes God said homosexuality is sin but He also declared fornication sin. Many Christian singles were never blessed with a mate, this means any form of sex is a sin for them. Being a chronically single Christian is not much different from being gay.    

You can ask why this is happening since both groups feel it's not fair.  I can only say it's because we are living in End Times (although the end times may last 100's of years). 

Being in one of these groups gives that believer an opportunity to get to know the Lord in ways married people may never have. 

I have a hunch that after we leave this life those who struggled the most may get the best rooms in the Heavenly mansion. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 5:34 AM, Leyla said:

Reading that confirms my understanding of it, that its just a cross some people have to carry. A predisposition they were born with, or something they aquired with their life, that they cant change or influence. It sounds very unfair to me, that the things you feel in your heart are worth less, or considered bad, just because the feelings are towards someone your own gender.

`This is purely a matter of justifying a personal lust.  If I never read my Bible it does not take a genius to  know man and women are like putting  the plug in a socket and you get electricity. Children are not made to be born in a test tube. 

• Thumbs Up 2