• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  137
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/27/1943

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 1:09 PM, Mike Mclees said:

`This is purely a matter of justifying a personal lust.  If I never read my Bible it does not take a genius to  know man and women are like putting  the plug in a socket and you get electricity. Children are not made to be born in a test tube. 

My grandson was. He had his 6th birthday just a week ago. In vitro was the only way he could have come into this world. His birth was natural--- his father's sperm and my daughter's egg --- just getting them together was awkward.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

19 minutes ago, Takoda said:

My grandson was. He had his 6th birthday just a week ago. In vitro was the only way he could have come into this world. His birth was natural--- his father's sperm and my daughter's egg --- just getting them together was awkward.

what? :huh:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

You are confusing love and sex

You can love everyone, you cannot have sex with them

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  137
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  05/27/1943

12 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

what? :huh:

I can explain if you like.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  686
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 3:35 AM, Leyla said:

Is homosexuality just dead weight that some people have to carry around their entire life?

1 John chapter 1 verse 8

If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.

James chapter 2 verse 10

For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.
Romans chapter 3 verse 20

Therefore no one will be declared righteous in God's sight by the works of the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of our sin.

1 Peter chapter 4 verse 8

Love covers a great many sins.

• 3 weeks later...

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

On 4/13/2019 at 3:35 AM, Leyla said:

Why is the desire to be with the person you love or to be intimate with that person, a sin? Is homosexuality just dead weight that some people have to carry around their entire life?

Just as a bisexual person can choose homosexuality after many married years, a homosexual can choose an orientation change. It's not always easy or fast, and early childhood wounds usually require repair first, but...

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,185
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  02/19/1971

On 4/13/2019 at 9:29 AM, Leyla said:

I did not talk about the comparison with peodophiles because i thought it deserves a seperated thread. Living out pedophilia hurts innocent people, homosexuality between consenting adult does not. Wanting to murder people is a very destructive urge, I dont see how homosexuality can even come close to that. Comparing intimancy with people from your own gender, with physicaly or mentally hurting innocent people is simply out of proportions 

I know this is old, but I’ll reply to this by saying homosexuality hurts the entire human race. If left up to them the human race would be extinct within a few generations.

They themselves have to fall back on God’s way of reproduction to survive. Make and female, whether artificial or sleeping with a man to get pregnant (a method prevalent in the gay community where a gay man impregnates a lesbian woman. 

Their ‘love’ naturally leads to death and destruction. God’s way and love leads to life. 

On 4/13/2019 at 8:35 AM, Leyla said:

Why is the desire to be with the person you love or to be intimate with that person, a sin? Is homosexuality just dead weight that some people have to carry around their entire life?

Hi

This is a diificult question with no easy answers. 

If two people are consenting adults, single, not harming anyone else and they fall in love, then what they do in private is really no concern of anyone else. I can see this is a human right. I cannot judge. 

I believe we answer to God in the end. He alone knows our hearts and minds fully. The Bible does say homosexuality is a sin. I would say to anyone who is gay, please read the Bible and take heed, do what you feel is right. I do not agree with people who wish to judge and condemn someone who has such feelings. We are all human and sinners. As long as no harm or pain is being inflicted on anyone else, each of us has the freedom to love whom we will surely? I certainly do not mean promiscuity is acceptable, but genuine love is another matter. There are gay couples who have been together for lifetimes. I cannot say i can or should condemn such love and fidelity. 

It's a hard subject. 

Yes, all you say i understand as right. But what do we do about it? We cannot tell adults what to do. Nobody will stand for that. 

I prefer to listen to their stories and gently nudge them in the direction of the scriptures to read and make their own minds up. Their salvation and eternity is their own business as is ours. We can also pray for them to do God's will. 

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

No man is free from temptation. Jesus experienced it. Every person is at a different place in his journey with Christ, and for some, obedience comes more easily than for others. Jesus does not mind that we struggle; it is when we stop struggling we are giving up. To the man who steals but does not commit adultery, God says, "Do not steal." To the man who commits adultery but does not steal, God says, "Do not commit adultery." It does not depend upon how difficult stopping is. But we have an advocate in Christ, who says, "Apart from me you can do nothing." Therefore, the question ultimately becomes, "Do we believe him"? 

We desperately need each other, especially in an age where God has been abandoned. "Confess your sins to each other so that you may be healed, for the prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective." This is God's Word; do we believe Him?